Why Queensland men can't win Rachuig

I'm really looking forward to nationals now, dunno why!!! Wheres my angry pills..........

ok listen up everyone , take it from someone who knows ive won rachuig 4 times and ill be busting my old butt this year, CSP we here in qld dont bowl rachuig for money, we do it to bowl for our state and with our mates the problem is this states too damm big ,and in saying this i mjean huge GET A MAP and have a look yes we need to change things i agree with tiger and george what a great player just needs to remember where he comes from sometimes ill still be his m8 always but he does rub people up the wrong way sometimes (oh well) thats george lets put our resourses together and come up with a plan

ps one way to get a great turnout would be to make it compulsary for any national rep to compete for their state ie, no state no country rep rachuig needs a lift in this state and i know great players like robbie buckley ,steve hunt ,carl , brian brando, george all get on, they just have different views, lets make it possible for all of us to make this teams event great again,. also bring back peterson points , but then again NSW wouldnt get a look in haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa otty

As far as i'm aware, they removed peterson points because N.S.W and Victoria kept winning. Whats happened since then? N.S.W and Victoria are still winning.
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa webber:>)

Seriously though, in my experience if you REALLY want to bowl Rachuig you would do what it takes to make the side. Once the tournament starts there is just you and your taem mates on the lanes with you, no commitee members and no board members. Just you and six other guys (or girls) who all have the same goal. It's amazing how politics and personal beefs seem to take a back seat when everybody has that common goal.

For whatever reason George has stirred up a hornets nest in Qld - what a great motivator for the current Qld team to do well. We all attend Rachuig each year, coaches and players alike because we are passionate about this teams event, the only one in the world and a great event. Petersen points were taken away to bring the competition closer together and it has certainly done that when going into the last game of the day any one of 6 teams can be in the top 3 on that game alone, even a draw last year forcing a playoff.
However, I do agree that sometimes the state commitments force people away from being part of this event. Our team is selected using a ranked event and still our Alice Springs bowlers must travel to Darwin to do that. We try and make it as cost effective as we can by not putting too many restrictions on the players in order to get a quality team each year and we do. I think some of the states need to address this. I agree and have always had the opinion if you want to represent your country you need to represent your state and your city first. At the end of the day the dynamics of a team with mateship will sometimes over ride a group of individually skillful players. Let the games begin.

How to win freinds and influence people by George......

Nice one George...the main problem with your arguement is that the best ranked single's tournament players are not always the best TEAM players. I can see in your list a couple of bowlers there that I don't think are all that good as TEAM players. No offence meant to any one ...just my opinion!!!

A great example is that the best ranked player at the moment is doing their very best to prove that they are not a TEAM player at all.....

Keep up the good work...

Spoiler Alert!

Positive Post ahead...

Just wanted to say to Pilko and Jim...Go get them guys...

With all this negative **** around, its probably taking it's toll on both Teams...

Both these men wear there hearts on there sleeve's, and so long as everyone can put their issues aside, both these teams have every chance of winning it this year...

Go Queensland!...1999 people out of 2000 are behind you even the state association is i am sure...

With all the teams swapping and changing i still think that you two guys can lead these teams to success...

Good luck to both the men and ladies teams for 2009...

Spoiler Alert!

Positive Post ahead...

Just wanted to say to Pilko and Jim...Go get them guys...

With all this negative **** around, its probably taking it's toll on both Teams...

Both these men wear there hearts on there sleeve's, and so long as everyone can put their issues aside, both these teams have every chance of winning it this year...

Go Queensland!...1999 people out of 2000 are behind you even the state association is i am sure...

With all the teams swapping and changing i still think that you two guys can lead these teams to success...
Good luck to both the men and ladies teams for 2009...

Is it to early to start sledging? I think you Queenslanders are going to come up against a brick wall.......called VICTORIA!!!!!! Go The Vics!!!!!!!!!!!!! As the Great Ted Whitten would say, "stick it right up em!"

Is it to early to start sledging? I think you Queenslanders are going to come up against a brick wall.......called VICTORIA!!!!!! Go The Vics!!!!!!!!!!!!! As the Great Ted Whitten would say, "stick it right up em!"

Does Victoria even have a team this year ...
where have all the good players gone?

A little tip, theres such a thing as team bowling, but no such thing as a team bowler

I'm in agreement with Adrian. Many of you already know where I stand on "team" bowling. I'll take the five best individual bowlers over anyone's 'team' any day.

Some of this sounds very Elitist.

Rob

Rob,

Rachuig is meant to be the Elite teams event in Australia. For many years it was considered the Elite teams event IN THE WORLD! There was a time when all the best players in each state DID suit up for Rachuig.

What happened?

1. There became too many opportunities for players to make State teams, ie Holt, Holt Classic, ATBSO Open Seniors, ATBSO Restricted Seniors, TBA Seniors, TBA Youth, when in the past there was only Rachuig and Presidents Shield.

Truth be known, it has become (in relative terms) too easy to make a state team, so Rachuig has lost a lot of its mystique and prestige. The fragmentation of national championships, ie Holt, ATBSO, East Coast, Disabilities, etc has resulted in the numbers of participants at Nationals decline markedly and, as a result, the spectator numbers for Rachuig have also declined, adversely effecting the atmosphere.

2. The costs involved are prohibitive, whereas in the past, there was a certain amount of the costs subsidised by both the nationanl and state governing bodies. I agree with Andrew that Rachuig needs prizemaney in order to attract the best players. State loyalty doesnt pay the bills, prizemoney at least helps.

I feel there is a very valid point made here.

Rob,

Rachuig is meant to be the Elite teams event in Australia. For many years it was considered the Elite teams event IN THE WORLD! There was a time when all the best players in each state DID suit up for Rachuig.

What happened?

1. There became too many opportunities for players to make State teams, ie Holt, Holt Classic, ATBSO Open Seniors, ATBSO Restricted Seniors, TBA Seniors, TBA Youth, when in the past there was only Rachuig and Presidents Shield.

Truth be known, it has become (in relative terms) too easy to make a state team, so Rachuig has lost a lot of its mystique and prestige. The fragmentation of national championships, ie Holt, ATBSO, East Coast, Disabilities, etc has resulted in the numbers of participants at Nationals decline markedly and, as a result, the spectator numbers for Rachuig have also declined, adversely effecting the atmosphere.

2. The costs involved are prohibitive, whereas in the past, there was a certain amount of the costs subsidised by both the nationanl and state governing bodies. I agree with Andrew that Rachuig needs prizemaney in order to attract the best players. State loyalty doesnt pay the bills, prizemoney at least helps.

There should be 3 State teams, MAXIMUM, matching whatever World/Zone championship there is around. When was the last time you heard that the 140 ave and below World Championships and Masters were on?

Youth, be it 18 or 21 (President's Shield), Seniors (Over 50) and Open (anyone that is good enough regardless of age, colour, breed ect)

We had a Touring squad down here at one stage calling themselves a STATE TEAM... I mean come on, where do you draw the line?

Flameproof suit on :D

Anyway, back on topic... Bowl well, whoever actually bowls in the team :)

There should be 3 State teams, MAXIMUM, matching whatever World/Zone championship there is around. When was the last time you heard that the 140 ave and below World Championships and Masters were on?

Youth, be it 18 or 21 (President's Shield), Seniors (Over 50) and Open (anyone that is good enough regardless of age, colour, breed ect)

We had a Touring squad down here at one stage calling themselves a STATE TEAM... I mean come on, where do you draw the line?

Flameproof suit on :D

Anyway, back on topic... Bowl well, whoever actually bowls in the team :)

So 4?
Asian schools, Youth, Adult and Senior?

Rob,

Rachuig is meant to be the Elite teams event in Australia.

There was a time when all the best players in each state DID suit up for Rachuig.

Brenton,
I totally agree with you.

I was refering more to some of the comments and attitudes by some.

Rachuig, should be the goal of those wishing to represent their State, I live with 3 of them:p, but it should not be afforded to just those as mentioned in above posts that can take time away from family and work when they please.

Rachuig needs to be the best team tournament going but it does not need the detractors it has on here. Although I know this is an open forum for one and all to post their "opinions", some seem to have alterative motives.

I wish both Qld teams along with all other State teams all the best this year.

To those that did not make or nominate for teams for whatever reasons, I am sure that the teams would appreciate your full support rather than discourteous comments and statements.

In the wise words of another "just my opinions"

Rob

Back
Top Bottom