What a huge weekend in Bundy

scott

Well this past weekend the 2nd and 3rd of Feb saw the first stop of the Wide Bay Tour in Bundy.

First off congrats to the all most retired George on winning on the weekend well done mate. To Jason Walsh second again mate you are the unluckyest guy going around at the moment but congrats on the second place anyway mate. to Brian Hollywood Pilkington well done on third mate when that camara is on you mate you are all oer it buddy well done mate.

Second of all to all teh Staff at Bundy Bowl you guys and girls are great with out you these sort of tournys would never go ahead THANK YOU BUNDY BOWL. Meachines ran very well all weekend and the condition was challanging and held up well.

Now to Jase and Kellie from TB you two are fantastic for the sport of Ten Pin Bowling I cant say thank you enough to the both of you with out your support who knows where the sport would end up. With 71 entries and Kingaroy allready 2 squads full with deposits it just shows that people dont want to bowl for 5 grand and you dont need to give away free spots for the events just need to find more lanes. Jason And Kellie do so much for the wide bay series and its great to see the support you are getting for it with this much support I am guessin that the series will be around for a very long time. Sorry i missed the BBQ guys but I did hear that there was a frieght train in the room Jase is this true mate;) There is not enough to be said to Kellie and Jase to thank your efforts that u put into the series all i can say is heven help us if you two decide to ever call it a day wich i hope doesnt happn anytime soon guys THANK YOU KELLIE AND JASE

Well I had a great weekend and bowled well just not well enough but thats life all I can say now is bring on Kingaroy cant wait

Thanks again to Kellie Jase and Bundy Bowl Staff, also a big thank you to Andrew Christopher for all his hard work with the scores, you were on the ball for the whole weekend, and to have the points up already.

Scott Fryer

My sentiments exactly Scott. What a great weekend and I 2 miss out on the BBQ, I could of done with some quality time with the walshes. Lol
Thanks to everyone who made all of us feel welcome and made it a great event. It wasn’t a wide open condition and made sparing a must. Considering I bowled the wrong line all weekend I was glad that I was able to make the 15, even though I am Bald ( thanks Cam). It was good to catch up with Family and friends and look forward to catching up with people at Kingaroy.

awesome weekend

Bundy Bowl were the perfect hosts.

If theres anyone in QLD thinking of bowling one of these and haven't my advise would be grab some friends and do it.

They are the best weekend, some good bowling, some laughs and heaps of great people.

Thanks heaps to jase and kellie and everyone involved.

BTW you dont have to get on the drink to enjoy these weekends away ;)

My sentiments exactly Scott. What a great weekend and I 2 miss out on the BBQ, I could of done with some quality time with the walshes. Lol
Thanks to everyone who made all of us feel welcome and made it a great event. It wasn’t a wide open condition and made sparing a must. Considering I bowled the wrong line all weekend I was glad that I was able to make the 15, even though I am Bald ( thanks Cam). It was good to catch up with Family and friends and look forward to catching up with people at Kingaroy.
I love ya hammer, you have a great sense of humour and cop all the sledging on the chin mate.

now go and give thoses Curry Munchers some chin music :D

The weekend was another great one to start the year off, there was a good crowd watching the bowling all weekend, it was good to see the sport has not died.:groupwave:

The weekends would not be what they are if it wasn’t for you, the bowlers. The laughs we share on and off the lanes are what make the weekends away what they are, if we all bowl well, then that’s a bonus, and if we bowl badly we sit and watch some great games being bowled in Matchplay.

The Saturday night BBQ was great to sit and chat with friends,:gathering: and then well Scott said he was going to front and didn’t, but hey Belinda rang and said he was looking for the charter boat, we said charter boat, what charter boat.:waterskiing: Then we had the boys on the balcony talking and laughing too loud that we got a phone call and got told that if they kept it up we would be going home earlier than expected.

Then around midnight, after nearly all the guests had left, the freight train hit town, settled in for the night with his Beer in one hand, and cheese in his beer he was bringing the train right thru town. Even woke poor Jimmy up, and when Jim came into the lounge he had no idea it was a human making such a noise. I don't know what was worse, Mindy, Luke and I seeing Jim in his jocks or the noise.;)

Some highlights from the weekend would be when Cam showered the ford in Pepsi he thought the interior needed a new colour and the way he would do that was, tap on a hot can that had been in the car all day, causing it to explode while they were driving along,:marsa37: and Barry asking a tree that grows coconuts is that a coconut tree,:av-31: to which even the boys disowned their dad, I told Barry that would be something stupid I would say.;)

We then had Rocky in the bowl on Sunday;:argue: he was going to go round 1 but wasn’t wearing his robe so he couldn’t fight. Brando was trying to warm up jumping around having a spar with himself. But the dust soon died down and the game was on.

We could not have asked for a better result to the first tournament, and looking at the next event it is only going to grow, I thank all the people that support this event from start to finish, and those that support what they can throughout the year. It is you all that make this tour what it is, without you all we wouldn’t have such a great tournament. I look forward to Kingaroy where the bowl is putting on a free BBQ dinner after B squad, to sit and catch up with everyone again. It was good to see Shaun Dunn make the trip from north Qld; hopefully we might see you at a few more.:thmbup:

Thanks to everyone once again, and a big thank you to Andrew you made our weekend more relaxing by doing the scoring, don’t know if yours was very relaxing. Thanks for all the staff at Bundy bowl and the snack bar staff, thanks to the mechanics for not laying my condition as in an easy one,:secret: ha ha ha, I want my $500 bucks back, I asked you to shut the left out. Just joking, I wouldn’t know the first thing about patterns.

Thanks to everyone once again, and a big thank you to Andrew you made our weekend more relaxing by doing the scoring, don’t know if yours was very relaxing.

Lets Just say that i had more fun off the lanes then i did on them. ;)

Also i have just uploaded some pictures from the event. Sorry guys i didnt get around to taking many. Steve hampson took some of the bowlers while bowling

Cyas in Kingaroy

yes, thanks to andrew for doing the scores as i will not have seen my brothers and friends scores on total bowling-live scores. what a job it wiuld be for the staff at bundy bowl! oh well next year i may be going to experience how busy it fells to work at the bowl as i was offered a job there. so congratulations to the bowlers on such a weekend of blisters and sores from bowling all weekend.lol.

For those interested, there are more pictures added, just go to the live scores section and click on the first photo and keep clicking next to view them all.

Thanks Kellie

Back
Top Bottom