2007 Series a huge hit

GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
With 142 bowlers participating through out the course of the year it's safe to say the Wide Bay circuit is back up and running and here to stay. There have been a lot of fun times during the year, a lot of new faces and some older bowlers have dusted off the cob webs to give it another crack.

With the 2007 series coming to a close I'd like to thank Jase for organising this series and putting valuable sponsorship dollars to get bowling back where it should be in Queensland (or close to). Just like the old days the series was not only about matching it with the locals and taking competitive bowling to the country, it was more about having a great weekend away with mates and humorous stories that eventuated from a weekend away.

This years series is coming down to the wire with 5 people still having a shot to taking out 'Bowler of the Year'. It's been a lot of fun and for the bowlers participating next year lets hope things are bigger and better.

I would honestly like to thank Jase for his time and commitment he has poured into this sport over the last few years, it's been a pleasure to bowl. See everyone in Tweed.

Could not agree more George,think i must be getting old agreeing with a lefthander! :).... It has been great to see the Wide Bay back... Lets hope it continues to grow next year and beyond. The weekends are not just about the bowling it is about having an enjoyable weekend with your friends and making new ones, going to different places and experiencing different things. If you have not tried an event yet i encourage you to get out there and have a go.... Conditions are not easy all the time in these events but it will improve your bowling and you will more than likely have a great time doing it, the tournaments whilst still very competitive are a much more relaxed environment.

Big thanks need to go to all the centres we have visited for having us back, but most of all we have to thank Jason and Kellie for their support and determination at getting the series off the ground again.... It is certainly sad to see that he is "following other interests" now but hopefully he will still be able to make the trip to a few events.
Some people really do not realise nor thank you for the amount of time and financial support you guys have given this series and others... Thanks again Jase,kellie and your crew!
Pilko

Back
Top Bottom