End of a era.........

bfcc

After 5 years of running the sports series i have decided to step aside , i would love to see the series continue and if someone would like to take over the running i will give them all the help i can.

I would like to thank the following people -

Dave and Hilary - thank you for all your help over the years the series would never had lasted this long without you.

Brian Bates - your support from the beginning has been great ,with out your great game rates the series would never have got of the ground, i hope you will continue with whoever takes over the series.

Lawrie Hill - thank you for all your support over the years , i never had to work hard getting sponsorship from you as soon as i asked you were happy to help out, with guys like you it made my job easy. thanks mate.

Jason Pearson - Jase you have been the main sponsor of the series for the past 4 years , your support has been great, Bowlers may not now the amount of work you have done behind the scene but i do and i thank you for all your efforts over the years.

To the Bowlers - Thank you for your support over the years , i have made some great new friends over the years and i wish you all the best in the future.

Nothing ever surprises me in this sport at all…And this thread is no different and supports my thoughts…

Over 180 Views and NOT one decent reply or even thanks from anyone who has been happy enough to show up at the events that Jeff, Dave and Hillary have been happy enough to give up their time and run over the last 5 years…

And for what, absolutely nothing at all except a blank reply in this thread for their troubles…:mad::mad:

In QLD yes we are lucky to have people like Jeff and his Team of helpers and it’s about time that people got off their arses and THANKED those involved, who were happy to do what Jeff and his team have done over the last five years, and that is SPOON FEED the bowlers an event to bowl in…

Now I have that off my chest…I would like to personally thank Jeff and his team including Dave and Hilary for there tireless efforts to keep this series alive…Jeff was the founder of the Sport Series and the driver behind it surviving and it has set the foundation for this to grow throughout the other states in Australia…Its sad to see you go Jeff and I hope you find the time for yourself mate in whatever you choose…

To Dave and Hilary - thank you for all your help over the years, your help with the running of this event definitely helped the series survive as long as it did.

Who ever takes this on next year, good luck as it’s a thankless job…

People like Jeff, Dave and Hilary don’t come round that often…

I would like to thank Jeff, Dave and Hilary for your support of the sports series with out you guys it wouldnt be as enjoyable as it is.
To Jeff I am sorry to hear that you wont be doing the sports series next year as you have put alot of your own time and effort in to it and I thank you for that. With out your support the sports series would of been hard to get running you are a great assit to loose and on behalf of the sports series members we thank you very much

Dave and Hilary you guys are fantastic the job you do is pheonminal and to see you guys there every sunday we are there to do all the scores and the brackets thank you

To Jase your support is amazing you are another great assit to Ten Pin Bolwing and as it seems it is a lot safer and injury free than someother things;) I my self appericate what you have done and if it wasnt for you pushing me to come bowl last year I wouldnt know what I am missing and I have never looked back since

To Nathan and Brian thank you for the support from caboolture bowl and I hope to see you all again next year and also hope for your contuing support

So to Jeff thanks again mate hope to see you bowl in the series next year that is of corse you arnt playing golf on the day

Scott Fryer

So Jas , Tell me whats the difference from doing it on here and those who do it when they turn up and bowl most of the events over the last 5yrs?

Really i find your post degrading to a loyal group of bowlers!!!!

For me you've put a real dampener on the last stop.

Tony " The Ungrateful Sponge " Hamilton

ps To BFCC, Hippy?? and Bean,
If it wasn't for two whingers 6 yrs ago who have had enough of the high scoring on easy conditions and wanted to bring back the challange that is Tenpin Bowling, we wouldn't currently have a great series here in Qld but also other states doing the same and leading to a National event. As a bowler, i thank -you.

Your Mate,
Gerbil

hi jeff,
thanks for all your efforts with the sports series. 5 years ago people were looking for something different and provided that. dave and bean even when not bowling anymore yourselves still gave support to the series. once again thanks for yours hard work and see you all soon. sorry jase i just saw the post tonight.

Thanks for the time and effort that you have put into this over the last 5 yrs, Was a pleasure to be involved in the series and I do look forward to being involved with more events as time goes by. Not going to be the same without you running it Jeff, but no doubt the next person to take it on will be able to do the job just as good.

Jason Borey

Jeff, Dave, & Hillary, many thanks for the time you have committed to the sports series. Without all of you I'm sure the current national proliferation of Sports Series would not have taken place. I'm sorry to see you go, but I have no doubt that whoever takes on the job will make sure that the series continues its high standard of challenging formats & lane conitions.

To all the sponsors, and supporters also many thanks. Without you laying patterns, providing assistance with prize funds and equipment and providing your time amd effrot as well this could not have gone ahead.

Jeff, Dave and Hillary and all the other people who contributed to the Sports Series, thank you. It was a great place to test out skill levels on a regular basis, most of us coming up short :D but learning alot.

I hope the Sports series continues, a great learning curve for any aspiring bowling to test themselves. Thanks

Thanks Jeff, Dave and Hillary for the past 5 years.... Sad to see you guys go... it was a great series... frustrating many a time but at the end of the day it made you stronger! lets hope someone steps up and tries to fill the big shoes of jeff...
All the best for the future guys.

Thanks for your thoughts Jeff, it was a pleasure contributing to your efforts.
I`m like yourself in that I love the sport and anything to advance our game.
we`ll miss you mate - enjoy your endeavours, see you when we get back from Japan.
Animal

Back
Top Bottom