WARNING to anyone wanting to bowl ECCC

I say pull the thread its a worthless thread anyway and should have been handled better than the way it has been

Paul come to a genral meeting and voice your concers there you never know you might actully get somewhere

Think about it

Paul can you tell me where in the letter you recived that it say's the $150 was a fine???????? Because if you had of attentend the General Meeting on tuesday you would have heard them say That the $150 was for the fund raising ect ect that YOU should have paid for before the roll offs like every other bowler did and you didnt pay it so by rights you should not have been allowed to roll off in the first place but you were allowed to

As for the part that u you said that you didnt see a TQI badge on the post the tournament was presented by TQI so your wrong again Mr Chambers

And as for you Injury and correct me if I am wrong cause I dont really mind nor care just quitley just explain to me if you were so badly injured why did u still bowl league every week:confused::confused:

So paul maybe you should tell the hole story before you run your mouth off and bad mouth an asscoation because there is such a law suit as defamation so be carefull what u say

Scott What you said here is just wrong!!!!

Please refer to the letter that was sent to us from Brian Sara.

No where did it say any thing that you said above.

Watch out Carl, that'll cost ya!!!!

Damn, I should have done law ... After reading this thread, I would have a bill going out to 11-12 people!!! ;) :D

Also this was a memorial tourny and i went because i support tournies and out of respect. I had no idea this was going to happen because as i have already stated i was told i could not roll off next year and further years if i didnt pay the $150. It didnt say anything about other tournys. A simple sms or private message saying i wasnt welcome would have saved this situation. So my apologies to the Kellys as i didnt expect this.

Michael

If you have the money for lawyers and the time to be on here
Could you ring me and pay your bill that I have been waiting 4 weeks for.
The name badges that u wanted in a hurry and they are still sitting here

Thanks
Shellie

lol cash is not the problem.

I was keen to support people that were friends.

I am not supporting TQI people that dog me behind my back.

I had more important things to do like golf.

Some one on my staff will be up to pick them up in the up coming week.

Before the subject gets too far off track. I started this thread as a warning to people .ECCC has been and is a great event to bowl in you will probably have one of the best weeks of your life and there are a lot of nice people in there. I just dont think anyone has the right to judge someone who pulls out for any reason.Whether it be for financial or emotional or physical reasons. And who has the power to get inside someone elses body and feel how much pain they have. And if people dont believe you they are calling you a lyer and no one like that.
And you might lose your job or if self employed runout of work and not be able to afford the $1000 or so required for the week away.
I didnt see anything written that said if you withdraw for any reason that you are liable for extra costs. As most people know when you roll off for ECCC you pay hundreds of dollars and the people who dont make it are really paying a lot of the costs of those who do. So having paid these hundreds out then being asked for $150 more for pulling out seems wrong to me.
Does any one knows if there are extra costs involved if you pull out of Rachuig or any other team event.

Before the subject gets too far off track. I started this thread as a warning to people .ECCC has been and is a great event to bowl in you will probably have one of the best weeks of your life and there are a lot of nice people in there. I just dont think anyone has the right to judge someone who pulls out for any reason.Whether it be for financial or emotional or physical reasons. And who has the power to get inside someone elses body and feel how much pain they have. And if people dont believe you they are calling you a lyer and no one like that.
And you might lose your job or if self employed runout of work and not be able to afford the $1000 or so required for the week away.
I didnt see anything written that said if you withdraw for any reason that you are liable for extra costs. As most people know when you roll off for ECCC you pay hundreds of dollars and the people who dont make it are really paying a lot of the costs of those who do. So having paid these hundreds out then being asked for $150 more for pulling out seems wrong to me.
Does any one knows if there are extra costs involved if you pull out of Rachuig or any other team event.

Paul everyone knows before they start championships and roll offs what you have to pay regardless on weather you make the team or dont the fees have to be paid correct

now with out protecting my precious TQI as you so nicely put it yesterday the letter was sent out saying that due to what ever reason you had to cover some costs to the value of $150 am I still correct cause I belive I am

Now it also stated that you would not be eligable to roll off next year for east coast in saying that maybe if you had of come to the general meeting on Tuesday the 17th of November and voiced your concern instead of writting a disgusting letter that wasnt addressed to anybody nor signed by yourself maybe just maybe you might have had some light shed on the issue but instead you went about it the way you did still correct

I personally think that by posting on TB you again have gone wrong and probly isnt going to help your cause and bad mouthing TQI wont help either and if you think that posting the letter on here for everyone to read is a good idea then go for it but have a think if thats the right thing to do cuase the last thing you want is to be flamed on here if people think that its right or wrong whats happend everyone will have an opnion

So think before you speak mate your not a dumb person and you are a pretty good bloke in general

Take the bag
Scott Fryer

I just want to know 1 thing...

Why the hell did I get a fine for $150 when i was on the other side of the world.
This was out of my control there was 2 weeks notice given and I still get a fine and banned. Now looking back I wish I did not tell any one I was not showing up and just left the team One player short, because that is how i am getting treated now even after doing the right thing by my team.

That is no way to treat some one that had such a love for the sport and for ECCC.

One more thing.

You fine My girlfriend Peta $150 to and it was totaly out of her control !!!!
She wanted to bowl more then any thing after having some much fun the year before. But because I was in America she would have to work. She was so upset when I told her that I rang Des and told him that we could not bowl she had tears in her eyes.Then for her to get a letter in the mail saying she was banned that was just not fair,even after TQI was told how all this was out of our contol they still go ahead and do this, Shame On you TQI

Scott what you post is always 100% correct especially the pretty good bloke part. So i am 100% wrong.

I like fish and chips

I just want to know 1 thing...

Why the hell did I get a fine for $150 when i was on the other side of the world.
This was out of my control there was 2 weeks notice given and I still get a fine and banned. Now looking back I wish I did not tell any one I was not showing up and just left the team One player short, because that is how i am getting treated now even after doing the right thing by my team.

That is no way to treat some one that had such a love for the sport and for ECCC.

One more thing.

You fine My girlfriend Peta $150 to and it was totaly out of her control !!!!
She wanted to bowl more then any thing after having some much fun the year before. But because I was in America she would have to work. She was so upset when I told her that I rang Des and told him that we could not bowl she had tears in her eyes.Then for her to get a letter in the mail saying she was banned that was just not fair,even after TQI was told how all this was out of our contol they still go ahead and do this, Shame On you TQI

Mick your right I do agree with everything you have said its a tough situation and the outcome does suck for both parties concerned

But there is noone I feel more sorry for than Peta I dont belive that she deserves to have to pay the amount of $150 its harsh and not fare on her and as I said to you the other day I did voice my opnion at the meeting reagarding peta and have spoken to you in regards as what i think u should do mate

Paul I wasnt being a smart ass to you in my last post so i dont appericate the smart ass response i was just stating the facts as I know them

Look i am never going to pay the $150 and I will make sure Peta never does because it is just unfair.

But here is a deal. I will donate $150 on Petas behalf to my favorite charity.
The Make A Wish Foundation

http://www.makeawish.org.au

At least this way it is going to a good cause not to the TQI "sizzlers" tab at their next meeting.

I will post the proof Up here so you can feel you have done some thing good to .

Correct me if I'm wrong as I never pay attention to the cost breakdown of rollin off, but in regards to the $150 fine to cover shirts and other expences, isn't the nomination fees, trivia nights and fundraising fees suppose to cover all these costs???

And this tournament that Paul was banned from bowling was suppose to be a memorial tournament to a man who dedicated many years and helped make ECCC what it is today and for Paul to show his support by showing up to bowl, then to be told he wasn't welcome is a bit harsh.

I'm not taking sides here, TQI do a great job, but maybe the whole system needs an overhaul. I'd like to meet a tournament bowler who hasn't had issues or disagreements with governing bodies whether it's TQI or TBA etc. Unless all associations merge into 1 national governing body, which will never happen, bowling will always have it's political controversies.

Paul, I don't like the title of this thread. You're issue is with TQI and has nothing to do with East Coast Challenge Cup itself. ECCC is the best tournaments I've been apart of and have many great memories, made a lot of great friends and I'm proud of what I've achieved in this event over many years. I don't want this issue you have with TQI to discourage other bowlers from competing in this great event.

Let's get these issues resolved and move on for the sake of our great sport!!

Back
Top Bottom