UPDATE THE SITE!!!

Chosen

Wow I cant believe that I have not been on the site for 2 years or more and the same old news is still on the latest news thread!! Maintain your site here!!! I remember when everyone use to be on here....oh well I guess Facebook rules now....??

Things are slowly going to change.... Hopefully to get it back to the way it used to be.

Umm, think you might be a bit out of line there. Grqanted the news section hasn't been updated for a while, but this forum is the main reason most people visit. Without this resource, provided free by Mr Pearson, it would be a lot more difficult to find out what's going on in Australian bowling.

In light of this, I think a more subtle approach might have been order.

Wow I cant believe that I have not been on the site for 2 years or more and the same old news is still on the latest news thread!! Maintain your site here!!! I remember when everyone use to be on here....oh well I guess Facebook rules now....??

I would find this a little rude to be honest, yes if you paid for it, i would want a change, but its free! Jase does own and run a business, which i do believe recently got flooded?

Not sure whats better to work on, Business that pays the bills or a forum?

I'm just thankful that it's around..

I think that says it all. If bowlers generally each supported the site by using it once only every 2 years, it would have ceased to exist before now.
We'll all accept your grateful thanks for keeping it available for you when you deign to visit next time.

Actually, I think you may be taking your name too seriously.

Thanks for the support guys. Yes it's been trying times this year. Androooo also has given up his time to help run the site. What people don't understand is that it takes time and money to run the site. No one asks anyone to pay for it. The forum is used mostly to promote events and discuss the sport along the way. Chosen if you have something to contribute pop us an email it's that simple.

But next time you don't have the balls to use your other account that has the name Bruce Whitby (if that is a real person) attached to it, than don't bother coming here and opening your loose lips if you have nothing decent to contribute.

I think that says it all. If bowlers generally each supported the site by using it once only every 2 years, it would have ceased to exist before now.
We'll all accept your grateful thanks for keeping it available for you when you deign to visit next time.

Good point Jim! If someone had accurate results for each tournament. maybe "someone" could find the time to email them to whoever runs the site, making it a lot easier to manage? Just a thought ;)

For me, Total Bowling has given tournament organisers the ability to get good numbers and nominations easily - Twin Tour, Qld. Ladies Classic, Kegel Qld. Open and Black & White Seniors Classic have all done well with very few hard copy Entry Forms up here in Qld. - I am sure Sue Raphael would agree. Squad lists, lane patterns (which attract soooooo much comment) and results are easy to download.

It is a shame that more state bodies do not take advantage to really 'put it out there' to advertise Championships etc. I think with a revamp (no criticism of you Jase, on this forum - only in person!) and some promotion of the advantages to be gained, bowling will be the winners at a Centre, State and National level.

AND if you are not a Facebook fan, how on earth are we going to find out who has added to their families? Thank you, Jason and 'go you good thing, Androo'.

Flower

I would take a guess and say 85% of members who visit this forum do not visit "latest news"
why - because most just come directly to the forum where you see all the latest news anyway.... just take a look in the 'main forum' to see how often the latest bowling info is put up.
The forum is where promoters of the various tournaments advertise them, why, because most of the bowlers look here first...... not facebook!

Jason and his team do a good job maintaining the forum, if you want it updated then be prepared to offer some help or $$$$$$.

Carol

As a guy who has a full time job, runs a pro shop, tries to bowl tournaments and even get the occasional bit of practice in, I can assure you that updating the news on your website is the very first thing that slips. Mainly because entertaining casual passers-by runs a very distant second to looking after customers.

Sorry Precious One... There's other priorities for those of us out there actually doing something. Better go back to the voyeurs, figjam's and moaners on Farcebook.

Cheers,Jason

P.s. Thanks Jason and all the TB gang. We understand that there's not enough hours in the day and appreciate your efforts.

Thats good news:) My comment was not meant to hurt anyones feelings but lets be realistic there has been tons more news happening in the world of bowling besides what has happened in 2009 lol. ANd yes it is a great site hence why I use to frequent it. But I took a break from caring about what was going on in the bowling world and eventually bowling all together as my mom got sick and eventually died hence why the 2 year hiatus.

Im back now and the first bowling site I rejoined was this one as it has always been the best for info as far as the Australian Bowling scene goes but like I said it was a surprise to see old news still there and my comment was meant as constructive. And if you was someone who had not been on a site for awhile and you go to the mainpage and see old news it gives the impression that the site is abandoned. One of my businesses has built many websites over the years and anyone will tell you that if you dont keep it updated then you will lose interest. Anyways just my 2 cents. Not trying to offend anyone :) Happy Bowling:)

Ive replied to your other comments in a different post but.....
as far as my name goes I changed it to Chosen as my mom use to always call me Chosen and say I was chosen for great things and chosen this and chosen that and so on and so when I was a kid. She died lately and I changed it as a tribute to her and in her honor. Plus when I hear someone call me Chosen it brings a happy smile to my face as it reminds me of my beautiful mother in a good way:) So yes I do take my name very seriously and it was never changed to Chosen because Im full of myself or something.

Sometimes things are not always as they seem...

Thanks for the support guys. Yes it's been trying times this year. Androooo also has given up his time to help run the site. What people don't understand is that it takes time and money to run the site. No one asks anyone to pay for it. The forum is used mostly to promote events and discuss the sport along the way. Chosen if you have something to contribute pop us an email it's that simple.

But next time you don't have the balls to use your other account that has the name Bruce Whitby (if that is a real person) attached to it, than don't bother coming here and opening your loose lips if you have nothing decent to contribute.
??? First of all I dont know who the hell Bruce is. Im not one to hide behind anything let alone a username. If you are the administrator for this site you will see my real name which is Chosen as thats the name I now go by (Ive posted above as to why). There are tons of bowlers around the world who know who I am & I have proudly been part of bowling my entire life!

Tell me where you are located and I will be all to happy to go there and tell you in person that I think your site needs to be updated. It was meant as constructive criticism and this being a forum that is where people leave feedback and discuss various topics some which involve ways to help improve a site and in this case also help the sport of bowling in Aus.

According to your site nothing major has happened in the sport of bowling since March 2009 when Belmo won his PBA title....um no offense but that was 2 years ago. If you think that someone leaving a comment in your FORUM saying that your site needs updating because the main index page which is the first thing old members and any potential new members will see is not constructive then no offense but that is one of the reasons the SPORT of bowling has a hard time growing here in Australia.

By the way new members who have never been on this site and see the main page is 2 years out of date may think the site is abandoned as I did and may keep any newbies from joining. The number one sin and reason allot of sites fail is because they are not updated regularly. I have run many forums and websites in the past and its not that hard to keep them updated. I know we all get busy from time to time and feel there is never enough hours in the day but it is important that you keep your website up to date for the sake of Bowling in Australia as your site is one of the main bowling resources for bowlers in Australia:)

There is a huge community of bowlers here which Im sure there would be someone willing to give you a hand if u need one. There are even bowlers who would even contribute and give donations to help you keep your site up to date if thats the reason why it isnt being fully looked after.

And bud listen I know it was horrible what happened in Queensland. I have a house in Queensland to so I know how bad things got so I give you my sympathies but lets be real life goes on. We all have bad crap happen in our life that causes us pain and I know that feeling all to well as my mom died recently. Unfortunately unless someone knows you personally, when they come to totalbowling they see a website and like most websites have no idea about the person who runs it. All they see is a website which appeared to be abandonded as the news was 2 years dated so they(Me) took the time to sign up and become a member just so they could leave a comment on your site because I actually do think that this site was (is) a great source for bowlers in Australia.

I love the sport of bowling and I am very passionate about it. Infact I am currently in the middle of a couple huge projects which is based around trying to grow the SPORT of bowling here in Australia. Bowling sites like yours are very important in our community & I look forward to working with you and other entities here is Australia who are interested in making the sport bigger here.

Finally I think you have taken this comment way to personally. Telling me I have loose lips and saying i shouldnt be here if I didnt have anything constructive to contribute when the comment I posted in a FORUM was accurate and there was grounds for it to be left is a a insult. People will not always say what you want to hear especially in a forum. But guess what that is why they exist so that people can discuss topics and express their views and opinions. My comment was justified and only meant as constructive criticism. I was giving my 2 cents for what it was worth and once again you may not like what Ive just written but its my opinion. No disrespect intended:)

Lol sorry for the long post but I needed to get that off my chest.

All the best:) Happy Bowling:)

As a guy who has a full time job, runs a pro shop, tries to bowl tournaments and even get the occasional bit of practice in, I can assure you that updating the news on your website is the very first thing that slips. Mainly because entertaining casual passers-by runs a very distant second to looking after customers.

Sorry Precious One... There's other priorities for those of us out there actually doing something. Better go back to the voyeurs, figjam's and moaners on Farcebook.

Cheers,Jason

P.s. Thanks Jason and all the TB gang. We understand that there's not enough hours in the day and appreciate your efforts.
lol hello mr doust:) Let me assure you that as a Director of 2 companies with many side projects and my own personal career to manager that I am actually "Doing" many somethings including putting my own time, energy and resources into trying to grow the sport of bowling here in Australia. I only questioned if everyone had left to go to Facebook as the site appeared to be out of date:)

btw I hope that all is well with you my friend and I look forward to seeing you real soon:)

Ive replied to your other comments in a different post but.....
as far as my name goes I changed it to Chosen as my mom use to always call me Chosen and say I was chosen for great things and chosen this and chosen that and so on and so when I was a kid. She died lately and I changed it as a tribute to her and in her honor. Plus when I hear someone call me Chosen it brings a happy smile to my face as it reminds me of my beautiful mother in a good way:) So yes I do take my name very seriously and it was never changed to Chosen because Im full of myself or something.

Sometimes things are not always as they seem...

My comment still stands. If you choose to express yourself in the way you did in your first post, you invite the type of responses you got.

We all have less than pleasant life experiences. You're not unique.

I had an unique cat.....
The only way to catch it was to unique up on it :)
It died of fright

Back
Top Bottom