Unregistered Centres. This is interesting.

Andrew S.

Gold Coast
This is a direct quote from the TBA website.

As of 1st July 2004, any bowler who competes in a league or tournament in a centre listed as "unregistered" will be ineligible to represent their State or Nation in State or National teams events.

The list of unregistered Centres is published on that site. Just click on Centres in the side menu.

http://www.tenpin.org.au/home/

i wonder, with the changing situation on the gold coast, if there will be anything happening with superbowl.

Edit: Just noticed, i didnt realise surfers was registered. :eek:

My guess would be that this type of action would be illegal under the Trade Practices Act, especially in an area like Toowoomba where there are no registered options for bowlers in the area. I'll see what I can find out.

My first questions to the TBA would be - for how long? Is this a blanket disqualification forever, or for the calender year that the 'offence' happens? Will a DQ be reversed if the centre subsequently registers?

Looks like a typical TBA policy initiative- badly concieved, not thought out, and totally unfair to a large number of bowlers who don't have a choice of where they bowl.

Doesn't surprise me to see the Toowoomba centres listed. As for RobbieB's comments, the bowlers in both centres should make sure that the respective managements get their centres registered. More important - why hasn't the associations made sure that this was done earlier in the year?

Scott

Why the surprise Scott? Do you know something the rest of us don't know? Sunset Superbowl has been registered and is awaiting an update on the TBA Web page.

just wondering why greensborough lanes was deregistered? It is a fantastic centre, with great staff and a decent set of lanes too...

It surprises me greatly especially since they have a kegal as well... and i would assume that centres that spend that much on an oil machine would like to be registered for its bowlers to compete in tournaments...

Gunna ask MR Zikerman about this next time i am down there!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was actually under the impression that this was already the case because I remember talken to one of the ppl that used to bowl president shield and they said that if they bowled in any unsanctioned tournaments or leagues or centres they ruined their eligibility..

Katherine :fadein:

Back
Top Bottom