2007 Registered Centres or Unregistered Centre

Jase

Admin
Staff member
It’s that time of year again and I noticed on the TBA web site that there are still a lot of centers that aren’t listed as yet as being registered…We all know what the uproar was last year and was wondering with the new registration policy this year has anything changed for the bowlers…

Last year if you bowled in an unregistered centre you couldn’t represent your Association-State or Country or even be permitted to roll of for those teams mentioned…

I have noticed that there has been a nationally ranked event held already this year in a centre that isn’t yet on that list that was updated on the 1st of February 2007…Not that I am having ago at that centre but with Association roll offs happening at the moment and Rachuig roll offs scheduled for this weekend in South Qld does the same rule apply in 2007…If you bowl in an unregistered centre at the time of roll off will you be told you can not compete!!!

I hope the bowlers wont be punished for something that is out of there control…Does anyone know or have any thoughts on the above matter…

You should have to bowl in a registered centre, I agree.

But bowling in an unregistered centre AS WELL AS your registered centre - well why should you be punished for that? Something about anti-monopoly is trying to come to mind...

If TBA are not going to enforce the rules ??? why then would centre's pay the Lane levy. It is not fair on the centres who have paid by the 31st Jan 2007 to realise that no-one is going to do anything about the centres who have not paid. It seems strange that when ED Fleming Lanes held their 1 Day Challenge in Jan we had to pay our fees or we could not have the event registered. So how come a National ranked event can get registered without paying the centre registrations.:confused: There seems to be a rule for one and rule for others.
It is about time that everyone came under the same rules & regulations. Otherwise why have TBA in Office:confused:
Why Pay a registration fee at all:confused:

What happens if you pay your TBA Registration, but the centre doesn't pay their sanctioning fees?

The TBA rule is pretty specific, and I suppose it is up to bowlers and the Associations to also put pressure on the bowling centres.

The TBA rules are,
RULE 202 MEMBERSHIP OF LICENSED ASSOCIATIONS
A person becomes a member of a Licensed Association by paying a prescribed membership fee to that Association.
Bowlers participating in competitive competition in more than one Licensed Association may be required to pay an associate membership fee to each Licensed Association they are competing in.
RULE 206 TBA AFFILIATION
A person becomes affiliated with TBA by paying a prescribed Sports Registration Fee to a Registered Bowling Centre or its associated Licensed Association. The Sports Registration Fee is the same for all classifications and is payable only once each year. A Sports Registration Fee paid by a bowler competing in an unregistered centre will not be recognised by TBA until such time as the centre becomes registered.
RULE 207 LICENSES
TBA will only issue a License to Associations that are representing bowlers in bowling centres that are registered with TBA. An Association licence will be suspended if any centre or centres listed in the licence application is/are not in good standing with the Tenpin Bowling Trust, Tenpin Bowling Australia or a licensed Lane Inspector within 90 days of the due date of outstanding registration fees or dues. An application must be submitted to TBA to have a suspension issued under this rule lifted and any lifted suspension will become effective 30 days after outstanding fees or dues have been paid.
RULE 208 MEMBER RECOGNITION
TBA services and awards will be available to all TBA affiliated bowlers who are participating in League competition organised or arranged by TBA, a Licensed Association or a Registered Bowling Centre.
Any bowler who competes in a league in a centre listed as “suspended” will not be able to count those league games towards any quota required to achieve State/National team selection eligibility.

In essence this means you need to register via a centre, or state/region based association, not direcly to TBA.

After reading the above post I would like to see a section on the TBA website naming Affiliated bodies so as bowlers (and centres) can see who they are registering with. We name centres, so why not sanctioning bodies? This should go as far as fees charged and what members get (perhaps just links to their webistes). I realise TBA don't know all of the groups out there (eg; small break away groups) but I feel this would get them to come out of the wood work.

How do others feel about this?

Edi

If these small (break away groups) are affilitated with TBA, then the National Body should know everything about them. If they dont some one is not doing their job. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom