Sports Registration

RobbieB

Rodentus scientificus
Got our centre Sports Registration kit today. Flyers look very neat, but a couple of points:

Makes it difficult for the local Association to levy the extra fee they need to remain solvent when the forms have the fees already filled in on them. A point made previously to TBA. Remains to be seen just how much angst this generates among the bowlers.

The different levels of membership are illegal according to current TBA rulebook, per:
"RULE 206 TBA AFFILIATION
A person becomes affiliated with TBA by paying a prescribed Sports Registration Fee to a Registered Bowling Centre or its associated Licensed Association. The Sports Registration Fee is the same for all classifications and is payable only once each year. A Sports Registration Fee paid by a bowler competing in an unregistered centre will not be recognised by TBA until such time as the centre becomes registered." (emphasis added)

Guess they will have to amend the rulebook at some time.

Our local association did ask some time ago whether the TBA insurance covered Association executive members for public liability, which is the single biggest cost for our association at least. Neither they nor I ever received an answer from TBA, but from what is in the flyer it looks like it is not covered. We did ask if the feasabilty of getting blanket cover for all affiliated associations for public liability insurance could be examined through TBA, and have yet to receive an answer, so I guess we will have to chase it up in the new year.

Also no mention of whether league funds are insured, which IMHO was one of the great benefits that used to be provided.

I confess to being a little disappointed.

Robbie.

Someone disappointed in TBA?? Surely not.... :rolleyes:

Yeah I'm just as surprised as you are Vaughan in fact I'm speechless.

Robbie:

I'd like to know if the TBA still recognizes your association or not. Would be interesting to know! Also how many members would this translate to if they do not recognize it?

Back
Top Bottom