Visionary Thoughts on Visionary stuff

M

Mantis

Any of you guys tried any of the Visionary balls and if so what do you think of them. I am thinking of getting a Frankie May for our tuff lane conditions here.
Mantis

Frankie May:

Very versitile, great with polish.

OOB it is a bit too much for most Aussie conditions, (unless you are quite the fluffer) especially for a country centre. But the best thing about this ball is that the surface takes to adjustment very well.

A 1000 grit polished surface, drilled with a bit of control (say a 12oclock drilling) would make it very readable & controlable ball with still enough backend snap to carry all ten in the pit.

Priced very very well, expecially for High performance stuff. would make a great benchmark ball for tournaments, as well as a durable long lasting ball for league.

For any specs on this ball id check it out at www.visionarybowling.com as the amb cenataur could suit as well...

Hope this helps

Thanks Tonx.
I just sent the money thru for the ball so I guess I am going to find out eh. Read a bit more on it and think I can make it work for me. I like the fact that the surface can be adjusted so much. OOB do you reckon it would be too severe ??

Mantis :)

Very Very aggressive out of box, but you can try it OOB first, and then polish it up till its right.

Good Luck with your new Ball!!!

In general the visionary equipment is very good quality and reasonably priced. Visionary do not subscribe to the 'ball of the month club' syndrome. When they release a new ball or a new line of balls its a big deal.

They are a small ball company that relies on quality rather than quantity, they seem to have a niche market in the US and are becoming more & more popular here. Visionary appear to be the big 'sleeper' ball company in the US.

As Tony mentioned, visit their website, even email them for more info (their customer service is legendary) or post your questions on www.ballreviews.com, you'll find the Visionary crowd there quite knowledgeable and helpful when it comes to recommendations about the Visionary line of equipment, drilling or otherwise.

Good luck with your Frankie May and let us all know how you went.

I will be getting the new Centaur AMB Particle soon, and I'm told it hooks off the scale, will let you know once I've given it a test drive..

Personally, I think visionary would be doing a lot better id they registered their gear with the PBA (they currently have chosen not to do so, in order to keep overheads low), the downside being that they can't get any exposure on PBA telecasts. Imagine how well they'd be doing if PBA pros were bowling with Visionary products...

The Violet looks good Androo, just checked their site. Still think that Frankie is going to suit my needs as the Storm Bolt I have at the moment only hooks when the lanes have been stripped properly and oiled. This doesn't happen very often I can tell ye. I could sand it to get more hook but then I wouldn't have a ball for oily conditions.
Checked you site too Androo. Ugly looking git eh, but at least your game to show yourself :p

Mantis said:
Checked you site too Androo. Ugly looking git eh, but at least your game to show yourself :p

Made that site in a night, at 3am or something, including the pic. Been a long long time since I have updated it or anything. Beleive me, that pic isn't too bad :lol:

Speaking at length to the VP of Visionary, Jason Wonders - as we do on a regular basis, we fully understand why Visionary are not registered with the PBA. At US$125,000.00 per year, it is a big commitment which must come from somewhere. Whilst Visionary would love to be able to afford to be registered, they see it is more important to let the product & quality service be their focus. As more bowlers become aware of their outstanding products, profitability will increase by sheer volume rather than mark-up per unit.

At times where Brunswick are looking at manufacturing in Asia to keep their cost down, Visionary have taken the stance that quality is better than quantity. EVERY ball they manufacture is checked for imperfections, if it does not meet their stringent standards, the item is scrapped - hence you never see any defect Visionary balls appearing anywhere like on Ebay as seconds.

As DaleS has mentioned, Visionary do not have a huge range of balls, however, their balls are very defined as to their purpose. No two balls are similar, this takes away any doubt as to what ball should be out of the bag at any given time. In saying that, there IS a ball in their line-up for every condition.

With the pending regulatory changes in regard to cover hardness & RG rating, it is going to make things much easier for Visionary to bring their whole range into line than it will be for some of the larger manufacturers who have more options. Far less room for error, therefore ensuring quality & very fair pricing remain the paramount aims.

We have made an undertaking to Visionary to increase their exposure in Australia to the point where growth in our region will help to increase their world-wide profitablility, consequently PBA registration will become a realistically affordable option. Our customers who have helped in this way over the past few weeks are very much appreciated by both BBA & Visionary, for that we sincerely thank you.

For more information on the Visionary range or to seek information on their company history, please feel free to contact us.

Max & Lee

I have had the pleasure of bowling with my new Bronze Centaur AMB for around a month now. Not being a great bowler and this being my first ball not drilled conventional my average has jumped a good 20 pins with a high game of 260. I have bowled more 200+ games with this ball in 4 weeks than I have ever bowled with any other ball.

Hard hitting ball that mixes up the pins very nicely.

Thanks for that Shaun. Now I am really looking forward to my new ball. :D

Well it arrived, thanks Max and Lee. Got it drilled Wed night after my league by Russell Hinton. Dont know if you guys have heard of him but he did a good job (makes mental note to buy beers for Russell). Bowled the next day with it but the thumb hole was a bit tight. Bob Hinton fixed that up for me and I bowled a couple of games with it after work today and it really works well. It has a much more contolable hook than my old Storm. I think I am going to like this ball a lot.

How are you guys going with the Violet and the Centaur?

Mantis

At the moment, I have the violet, green and granite Gargoyles, along with the charcoal Executioner, and with those 4 balls, I can cover basically anything except toast.

I will be posting pics and reviews of the granite and green Gargs soon, but I must say, with what I have seen from these 4 balls, I am extremely happy and impressed. Now working in a proshop, I have seen A LOT of balls come through, and thrown a lot. I used to love my Hammers (ask anyone down here).... UNITIL I threw a Visionary ball. These balls blow anything I have seen out of the water.

As Max said before, every ball is different, and with the 4 that I have, I agree. There is no overlap in ball reactions. I have seen other companies make 3-4 balls that roll almost identical. I could name at least 2 companies that I think are guilty of that right now... They just release balls because they can. When Visionary release a ball (maybe 2-3 a year), it is to fill a gap in there arsenal. They ask BOWLERS what they want. How many other companies listen to the general public as a whole.

You could take the Gargoyle line (4 balls) and cover any lane condition you are likely to encounter. You have a particle (Granite), solid reactive (Violet), pearl reactive (Green) and even a urethane (Slate Blue). How many companies even make a pure urethane ball with a dynamic weightblock these days? Not many I'm sure.

As far as I'm concerned, I think I have made a great decision to throw these balls. Try them... I'm sure you wont be disappointed.

Still going nice and stong with the Bronze Centaur. My average has gone up 22 pins to 167 since I've had it now and still climbing. Bowled a 194-196-170 having a practice away from home. I have a Frankie May Gryphon ordered to cover the more oily conditions. The Centaur is very agressive when the lanes are dry and the Frankie may will be even more so. I think in the future I will be on the lookout for something to fill that gap. More than likely I would go for the slate gargoyle for this one. The price is right and they do the job very well.

Still getting used to the Frankie May as it has more hook that the Strorm. Had a practice today on our lanes with massive carrydown from the weekend bowlers and had a 513 series, 171 av. Starting to like it a lot. :p

Hey andarooo what high games and series have you bowled with the new visionary gear. As u seem to know alot about it??

Couldn't tell you my games, series ect... All I know is I'm keeping my average around 210-212 in my leagues, bowling on one leg... lol

Lanes here have been going through some transitions... some good, some ugly, so you never know what they're like night from night.

I drilled up a Frankie May for Jerry8-10 yesterday, and it is a big smooth hooking ball. On a pretty sloppy pattern, he got 2 shots out of it before going for polish. I had a throw of it, but it is too much ball for me.... rolls a fraction too early for my liking.

Back
Top Bottom