Visionary Visionary Bronze AMB Centaur

BrenH

Right hander with Medium - High ball speed and medium revs.

Very interesting ball to work out how to drill. This ball has an Anti-Mass-Bias (AMB) which makes working out how to drill it a slightly more complicated process. You basically have to measure from the flip pin around the ball roughly 13 1/2 inches to the exact opposite side of the ball to mark the Virtual Mass Bias. For more info see the drilling specs for the Bronze Centaur on the Visionary web site.

http://www.visionarybowling.com/drillCentaurAMB.html

Probably easiest for me to explain the drilling using the drilling sheet for the ball. I chose pin at C with the virtual mass bias at 2. Basically the pin is level with and a couple of inches right of the fingers. The CG is at roughly 75 degrees from the pin with the virtual mass bias just below the thumb.

The ball basically goes long and snaps. Hard!
I wanted this ball for medium oil and as something of a compliment to the harder and earlier rolling Frankie May.
Like the Frankie May it retains energy very well and is great for kicking out the corner pins, providing you get the shape of the shot right.
I've found generally that more of a swinging shot works best on most conditions as the ball finishes very well.
I've used the ball effectively on conditions ranging from medium heavy to medium light by slight changes to hand position etc.
One thing the ball really doesn't like it light oil or a massive backend. It simply rolls too early and snaps too hard with a very over under reaction.
Carry down doesn't present much of a problem the ball simply goes a little longer and seemingly finishes that little bit harder to compensate.
If anyone wants a ball that they can swing and rely on to still finish strongly then this ball is ideal.

Fantastic ball from visionary. This really has become my go to ball as its just so reliable on a variety of conditions.
Thanks to Max and Lee from Bowling Balls Australia and to Tonx for helping set me up with the gear.

Back
Top Bottom