Visionary Visionary AMB Solid

DaleS

Specs:
Weight: 15lb 2.5 oz
Pin: 2 - 3 Inches
Top Wt: 2.5 oz
Style: Stroker
Speed: Slow to Medium
Dilling: Standard 4 x 4 drilling with the pin under the ring finger (between positions B & C on the drill specs and the mass bias kicked out to position 3 on the visionary drill specs).
Surface: Box - 1000 matte

Let me start by saying I have only had 5 games with this ball so far and I will add to it once I have some more games on the ball.

In box condition this ball needs oil. Fresh conditions with plenty of head oil seem to suit this ball the best. When the head oil goes, put it back in the bag or move deeper. Once in the oil this ball seems to flourish, it reads the midlane very well and in box condition with the current drilling starts to roll early, revs quickly at the breakpoint and gives a nice hard arc to the pocket. Once the oil starts to go this ball reaction is very early, however saying that I couldn't get it to roll out.

Please note, for me, this ball isn't a huge mover (i can get it to move but in general thats not my game), I bought this ball for heavy oil and so far I am happy with my choice (279 2nd game out of the box, who wouldn't be), it rolls heavy and while the hit isn't the boom you might be looking for for it keeps pins low and they tend to scurry off the deck. I had no problem carrying light, or flush or high hits.

Thanks to Visionary, Max & Lee at Bowling Balls Australia, and Zane Que in Toowomba for a great ball layout.

I just had a AMB Solid drilled up on Saturday by Gavin at Richlands. I was looking for a ball that has a High Flare potential and powerful mid-land reaction for medium to heavy oil conditions.

I certainly got what I wanted! I am a right hander, so this ball was setup with the pin at 1:30 and left at the box finish of 1000Grit sanded. If the Kph monitors are anything to go by, I generally throw the ball between 32-35kph. I'm a cranker, so at approx 20-23 revolutions to the 1-3 this ball literally flares up as soon as it hits the lane.

On the Tournament condition at the Aspley Cup:
I started out looping the ball through 15 out wide to the dryer boards. I soon realised that this was not a good idea as, although it recovered well, it tended to use up too much energy and failed to kick out the corners. Playing deep through 20-25 at the arrows was huge. Playing this line, the ball maintained momentem and control then drove through the pocket with somewhat alarming attitude.

The lane condition was'nt well suited for this ball, but It proved versatile enough to use for most of the day.

Anyone looking for an agressive early rolling Ball, this one is definately worth considering. The Solid is an awesome ball and I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays on a typical house condtion.

Big thanks to Gavin at Richlands.

Cheers,
Tim Kelly

Picked one of these up at richlands yesterday and had it punched out today
not real good on the tech side of things
but here goes
Specs:
Weight: 15lb 3 oz
Pin: 3 - 4 Inches
Top Wt: 2.7 oz
Style: Tweener
Speed: Medium

Drilled with the pin at 4o'clock from ring finger about 12 mm away
with the CG almost half way between fingers and thumb.

I bought this ball for heavier oil and was shooting 20 over ten on freshly oiled lanes.

I couldnt believe the control i had with this ball, i hit 10 and it goes straight down and bang no late 10 pins, ive never seen the pins go down so fast.
Then if i put it out as far as 7 bang it comes straight back.
I bowled a couple of practice games with and despite the fact my sparing was non exsitent i still manged to shoot 186 and 190 just on the back of strikes.

Id been using a Violet gargoyle and been more than happy with it but i believe that the AMB solid hits even harder than violet. I cant wait to get on some heavy oil next time i go up to brisbane.

Ninja299 said:
I cant wait to get on some heavy oil next time i go up to brisbane.

Nice review mate and a top ball. But after reading that..haha i dont think youll use it too much...haha just jokes

Ducati 851 said:
Nice review mate and a top ball. But after reading that..haha i dont think youll use it too much...haha just jokes

Cameron has a nice straight shot down the boards, i think you will be able to use this ball more than you think mate.

have bowled it more with it now and as i expected its not a ball i'll use much at ashmore because its a house thats medium to dry outside 12 and pretty flooded as u get to 15 and 20.

I tried something a little different standing on about 27 and shooting around 14- 16 and it worked a treat.

But at this stage it will definetly be the ball i use first when i go away but at ashmore the violet is the ball use, shot my highest game for 8 years with it on friday (277).

I have to say if anyone out theres looking for some new gear you cant go past those two balls they are awesome.

Hey all iam going to get this ball drilled tomorow had it bout 3 week's but i havnt had the chance to get it drilled anyone got any idea's to make it go long with a nice backend snap cheers

Hey all finally got my ball drileld got it drileld to go long then a nice big arc at the end dunno all the drilling detial's i aint into all that stuff tell the driller wat to do an he will do it ..had my first few game's with it this ball hook's a quater mile it gave me a nice smooth shot with a big backend almost bigger the my xxxcel but i didnt use it through league as iam averagin 208 so dont wanna ruin anything with a new ball lol at one stage in the practice game i threw thsi ball out proberly landed about 2board and it came snappin back in it also hit the pocket very hard if u can push the ball out before it starts to come back in it's beautiful

Back
Top Bottom