The weight of the ball?

M

majik

Confused? I am fairly new to the sport and quite a solid guy. I have previously been using a 13 pound messenger titanium but have recently upgraded to a 15 pound Monster Smasher. I find that i am definately getting better pin fall and my average has gone up to 180 (with a few good games over 200 in there too) but feel that everything is now is slow mo. I feel like i can't smoothly deliver the ball or quicken my approch to adjust for lane conditions. I don't yet know much about the oil or which board i need to be aiming at (but i'm certainly having fun). Not sure whether to try a 14 pound reactive.
Just wondering if anyone else has been in a similar situation when they were starting out?

I started using a 16lb ball when I was 14. I now use a 15lb ball and have tried lighter balls but wouldn't go past 14.5lb now as you lose feel. Stay with the 15lb for a bit until you stregthen up and get used to it. Your average has gone up so that's a good sign, I would worry if your average had gone down.

Be patient and practice a bit.

Well magik, You probably don`t need to go down in weight, it is all about timing and good fit of the ball. My partner and I both bowl with 14lb balls and we are just girlies, if you can work out a line for the lane conditions for the night you should be fine. We actually would love you to be more confused as then we can kick your a** in the finals! cya then!!!!!!!!!!!!:) :) :)

Granat

She better be talking about her partner at bowling not at home or else.

Majik - it does take a bit of getting use to. Keep with it. You are bowling so much better.

David

it's ok girls, you'll need more than 14 pound balls to compete against the big boys:p :p :p

We have more ball power than you could possibly imagine. I have the Open Division Country Masters Champion bowling on my side, what about you? Can`t wait, should be fun and three cheers for my other asset which would be my thirty handicap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p :p

I have the win against you's on our side. he he:p :p :p
better luck next season

This game sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We were never in it from the start, never mind, you guys will have to get out there and kick some butt; we will try to think of some tactics before we meet again !:( :(
cheers

Back
Top Bottom