Storm The Storm Hot Rod Pro Stock.

Ash

I can't think of a title.
OK, I recently got myself one of these and figured I'd share my opinion of it with you all.

What they say:
HOT ROD PRO STOCK™
Ball Line: Hot Line
Do you like to hook it coast to coast? Or maybe your game is down-and-in. No matter the style, take the checkered flag with the new Hot Rod PRO STOCK™. Sure to please players of all different styles, the proven MONSOON™ coverstock finished to a super high gloss combined with an FE2 THUNDER™ technology core will glide through the heads maintaining control through the midlane and backend. See you in the winner’s circle!

HOT ROD PRO STOCK™ Technical Specifications
Coverstock MONSOON™ Solid Reactive
Weight Block Modified 2-piece
Ball Color Flourescent Red/Black
Ball Finish 1500-grit Polish
Radius of Gyration 2.54 (Med)
Differential .033 (Med)
Durometer 74-76 Rex D-scale
Flare Potential 4 (Med)
Fragrance None
Weights 10 - 16 lbs.
SKU# THS

What I say:

They are right, I've had the ball drill for length, with the CG pretty much in the centre of grip, and the pin above the fingers. and this had made the ball solid as a rock, very dependable on dry lanes, nice ans smooth through the heads and a good kick on the backend.

Those considering purchasing a mid range ball for a dry laner, or those looking for their first reactive, have a look at this one, deffinately a good addition to any arsenal.

ya i've got mine i can play the deep inside shot anyway but this ball i had to throw alot harder but i had a very predictable backend and awsoem carry onca again storm have out done themselves.

I got my Pro Stock at the same time I got my Pro Stock Pearl, I had the PSP set up for dry lanes (pin 6 inches away from the PAP), but the Pro Stock has the pin 1 inch away from the PAP (almost axis-weight) for an early roll and an even arc into the pocket.

This sort of layout is extremely useful on fresh lanes, where more agressive layouts suffer from to much over/under reaction, and is also useful on flooded lanes and lots of carrydown where the ball is guaranteed to start rolling before it hits the pins and the reaction is more predictable. It is also useful on medium lanes when playing down & in where the more agressive layouts hook uncontrollably.

As the layout is almost axis-weight, this ball is no good on heavily oiled lanes with a backend where a more agressive layout that produces more track flare is required. It is also no good on lightly oiled lanes, the axis weight puts the ball into an early roll, from there it's gone. But that's what my PSP is for.

In summary, I got the Pro-Stock & PSP to plug a few gaps left by the other balls in my arsenal (XXX, XXXExtreme). And they both do a fabulous job of this.

David.

Back
Top Bottom