Storm Hot Rod Pro Stock Pearl

Toshio

Videogame Master!
Anyone got one, Im looking for a Pearlized ball, I don't have one and would like to know more about the Hot Rod before I buy one.

Yahoo

Do you just want the Pro Stock Pearl, or another pearlized ball? For what lane condition as well???Details please. THE PSP's for medium-dry lanes if you were wondering. :? PS thanx Craigy for helpin me out on that one. Coulda made an idiot out of myself there. Too late i guess. :oops:

The conditions I would need it for when the lanes are medium-dry because I don't have anything that could hold a line on anything less than heavy oil.

And also when the lanes are drying up.

What other Pearl balls would be good in these conditions?

Yahoo

I am a right handed stroker/tweener, and I have a PSP drilled for dry lanes as follows.

The pin is a full 6 inches from the PAP (above the MIDDLE fingerhole, not the ring fingerhole) and the CG is about 1 inch left of the centre of grip. I also have a balance hole on the negative axis point as the ball had too much negative side weight after drilling.

This ball is real good on old/dry lanes, where you need that extra bit of length to get down the lane before the breakpoint. Was invaluable in practice during the Christmas holidays just gone, where the lanes had not been reconditioned for 3 days.

With a 6 inch pin, there is next to no track flare. So using this layout on anything close to heavy oil in the heads (even short conditions) will turn the ball into a spare ball, yes it goes that straight. But when it becomes hard to find any oil on the lanes, this ball is the go to ball for guaranteed length and predictable hook & carry in the pocket.

David.

Back
Top Bottom