Great Looking Ball….

1182818211.jpg

• Finish: 1500 Polish
  • RG: Low (2.59")
  • Flare: Med/Low (.029 differential)
  • Lane Conditions: Medium Oil
  • Color: Purple/Black
  • Cover stock: Eradicator Pearl - Reactive Pearl

The OGRE PEARL utilizes a newly designed cover stock…
The OGRE core is a modification of the design used in the Centaur/AMB/Immortal lines.
The single flip cap design produces more flare than the Green/Blue Centaur but less than the Immortals

With more length, and a stronger backend move, this ball is supposed to be a compliment to the OGRE Solid. The Purple/Black OGRE Pearl utilizes there Eradicator Pearl cover stock; a strong, pearlized shell that can handle oil and carry down better than any of Visionary’s previously released pearlized covers. Like the majority of Visionary’s cover stocks, the Eradicator Pearl is very user friendly, and can be adjusted to handle a variety of lane conditions and bowling styles. Including mine…;)

This ball is clean thru the heads with an earlier read then the Immortals
As a Mid- lane reader… this ball was much stronger in the mid lane than I had thought it would be.

Layout
(15lb 3oz ball with 2.6 oz TW.) Left the Layout decision up to Cameron Walsh to decide and I have to say what a great decision that was…He described it as a Axis Layout to give control but pin is 3 3/8 from axis making it aggressive at the same time…

1182818238.jpg

1182818162.jpg

Core
The OGRE line is powered by a symmetrical, dual density core design without a wrap. This allows for a thicker, more uniform cover stock for extra resilience and energy at impact with the pins. The dense flip cap helps create a strong move at its breakpoint, while the body of the core helps to provide a consistent reaction without the typical over/under you see from many reactives. With a controlled motion by way of an ultra low radius of gyration (RG), this makes the ball arc and roll, rather than skid and flip, meaning more control.

Recommended Condition
This is the ball for the medium oil...I have also used this ball on a 43ft sport pattern, with the shot around 10 board. This was about three boards right of my Violet to the same break point… Bare in mind the Violet is my favorite ball in the bag as we speak…I think this ball could be replacing them since the Violets are no longer made…

Carry
Pin carry was *very* impressive, although I must confess that the house I play in has good carry. This ball cracks the pins hard… and keeps everything lower than anything I have ever thrown. I have even thrown some messengers with this ball…:)
First game out of the box 266 and have had 3 consistent 700 series with it in its next 4 outings…

Summary
A big hitting ball with controlled motion… it’s a ball I will pack in the bag first for everywhere. I can't wait to try this ball out some more….Overall, I think I got exactly what I wanted out of this ball. A great benchmark ball for medium conditions… This ball definitely tells me where the oil is and where it isn’t…

Enjoy

Nice review boss!

Being a non VBP bowler, i am an owner though, a new AMB solid is still sitting under the house....

I have been impressed by this ball. The 1st one i saw bowled was by Ryan Bagley and it hit extremly well.

The last few weeks Jase has been rolling his and it has the goods. It looks like it wants to plough through the deck and it does nicely.

Jase loves his Violet, but i can say this ball might make his fav ball situation difficult.

Drooo has has some great success with it as well.

The feeling i get from seeing this ball is that the core has finally got the cover its been wanting. Nice one VBP.

hi
i have had two of these awesome balls since i got back from overseas and find them one of the hardest hitting balls i have ever used.
i have one drilled stacked and the other drilled to hook and stop.
i decided to chnage the surface on the stacked one to 2000 as i found the ball too sharp on the backend and oh my god this ball has come to life it is clearly the biggest hooking ball i have in the bag bigger than my amb solid out of the box! the other i have left polished and is a great asset up the boards,this just goes to prove the versatilty of the ogre range.
since doing this to the purple i thought i would try sanding the original ogre to 2000 as well,this has given me the perfect ball for the transtion during tournaments and fits perfect below my amb solid.
so if want versatilty without losing the hitting power go with visionary and the ogres'
cheers:D

I have had mine for about a month, and on our typical house pattern, it is a beast.

I have drilled with the pin 4 1/2" from the PAP, with the CG kicked out about an inch, just to give me an option to put a weighthole in it later.

When I drilled up my Ogre Solid, I must admit, I wasn't a huge fan of it. Played around with the surface, and couldn't get a reaction I liked. Tried everything from box 600 grit, up to 2000 grit, and aside from the occasional night, it never got much use.

When I saw how strong the pearl was with the factory polish on it, I decided to polish the solid, and now I have a great 1-2 punch.

The Pearl is the first pearl reactive I have thrown, that even with my hand, I can not make flip. It starts up about 2-3 feet earlier than my G3, and deleivers the hardest arc I have seen, and drives right through the deck. It doesn't over-react if it hits the dry too early, but will still sit in the oil.

I have never been a big fan of particle equipment, but the Ogre Pearl to me, seems to roll just like a particle pearl.

How confident am I with it? After using the solid for the first 2 games and going 246-256, I pulled out the Pearl for the very first time, shot my 4th 300 (3rd with a Visionary Ball) and had my first ever 800 series.

This ball is the real deal.

Will add pics of the layout later.

How confident am I with it? After using the solid for the first 2 games and going 246-256, I pulled out the Pearl for the very first time, shot my 4th 300 (3rd with a Visionary Ball) and had my first ever 800 series.This ball is the real deal.Will add pics of the layout later.

Not many people would make a ball change after two games like that...I thought only a lefty I bowl with who I will choose not to name, was the only person I know that did that kind of thing…;)

Just to add had a nice solid 900 series with it again last night…Had the Violet out in warm up and decided to throw the Pearl Ogre…Once again I cannot tell you how good a ball this one is for Visionary…

just an update, but bowled a 300 with this ball last night the one i sanded to 2000 and has taken over as my favourite ball i have ever used!
i highly suggest you go out and buy one of these you will not be dissapointed at all,feel free to message me if you need any help in deciding?
cheers

I finally gave into the Visionary craze.... :)

And am quite happy I did with the Pearl Orge..... This ball is a monster!

Pin above fingers and cg kicked out about 2 inches..... Ball gets down the lane and makes a strong move to the pocket without being too snappy.

Have not been this impressed with a ball straight out of the box in a long time!

Thanks Max for hooking me up with this one....... I will definately be looking out for the next release from Visionary.

Clint

Back
Top Bottom