the SA cup is no longer going to run

gonzo69

is it true and why i have bowled in it for last 5 years had a great time lots off laughs and great comradery with all bowlers

in another forum,try one before 2 page

Nice source! ;)

Do you work for the Courier-Mail or any other News Limited and/or Fairfax media arms??

The information flowing in the "tubes" is definately the best place to get up to date and acurate information!! Check out this story too Man sues Lynx, it is in the "tubes" so it must be true!!

Wait for the 2010 Calandar to be finalised and I am sure there will be an answer for you.

[Close Thread]

If SA Cup was to be running next year (January every year), I would safely assume we, the bowling public, would have received paraphernalia or an invite direct from AMF Bowling via e-mail to register for the event.

Maybe Phil has a valid concern.

If SA Cup was to be running next year (January every year), I would safely assume we, the bowling public, would have received paraphernalia or an invite direct from AMF Bowling via e-mail to register for the event.

He has, maybe an independent can pick it up

Still 2 months before it would run. I would expect to see something after the events in Canberra have finished.

Well looking at the TBA site , I would say it is finished unless picked up by some-one else.............................

Cheers

Tony

my answer got a reponse
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST RANKED EVENTS 2010
AMF, in conjunction with TBA, recently announced that they will be sponsoring the AMF Australian Masters
with $100,000 in prize fund. AMF, at a National level, are therefore withdrawing from several other events
that have previously been a part of the TBA Rankings program.
Those events, the month and State they were conducted in 2009 are:
SA Cup January SA
Joondalup Cup March WA
NSW Open July NSW
South Pacific Classic September NSW
TBA are now seeking expressions of interest from any Centre or promoter who may be interested in
conducting any of the above events to keep them a part of the National Rankings program.
All prospective promoters are advised that in 2010, an Open event with no Divisions will require a minimum
$3,000 first prize and an event with a Male and Female Division will be required to have a minimum of
$3,000 total combined first place prize money.
Any promoter interested should contact the TBA Office on 07 3262 4455 or email
[email protected]
TBA are seeking to finalise the 2010 Ranked events calendar. To achieve that, expressions of interest for the
above events are required by Friday 4th December, 2009.
Tenpin Bowling Australia Limited
Phone: (07) 32624455
[email protected]
www.tenpin.org.au
TENPIN BOWLING AUSTRALIA LIMITED

Wow!!! There are some serious Tournies going begging. I would rather see the 100k go into multiple events rather than see a bunch of international bowlers come over for one event and clean us out.

Wow!!! There are some serious Tournies going begging. I would rather see the 100k go into multiple events rather than see a bunch of international bowlers come over for one event and clean us out.

Then maybe you should do a little extra practicing, and raise the level of your game.

Practice..............Watch your language Wayne!!
Ha! Ha!

I did that once back in the early eighties..............then stopped.........no wonder I can't compete!!!

I agree, spread the wealth around instead of 1 tournament..............I don't understand it!

Cheers

Tony

It seems like a case of having 1 quality event with good participation and marketability vs x amount of events not well attended. Hopefully it spawns some interest and a smaller amount of quality tournaments will come out the other side.

Hopefully they manage to get some of the best and we get some media attention.

I think they're aiming to generate some media attention and promotion with the Masters and the $100,000. This is a great plan.

You won't generate ANY media interest if that is spread over 4+ events.

It's a great opportunity for a private centre to pick up one of these events, particularly the SPC. However, a lot of people (myself included) seem to think there are just too many ranked events on the calendar, and at the end of the day some tournaments had to go if that was ever going to change - nobody likes it when it's their favourite/local tournament but something had to give.

Unfortunately it will get to the stage where there won't be any tournaments to bowl in, except 1 of course, The Masters.

Probably sounds a bit extreme, but some tournaments have dissappeared over the years, and now maybe a few more. At what point do you say we have enough?

There was a time people wanted to bowl and bowl and bowl and they still had to find the money back then. Now days it's different, might get the odd junior that will stick it out and bowl adult events, others find better things to do........sign of the times I suppose.

cheers

Tony

Won't the taxman be happy. 100 grand turns into $1.20. I got investigated once for about $7,000.That was fun, wouldn't let me leave the country.Good luck to the person who wins!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers Lovey

Ive said before about the promoters taking the tourney circuit, lane conditions and ratings back, heres what happens when they dont!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom