Ed Fleming Lanes will be no longer…

Jase

Admin
Staff member
Ed Fleming Lanes will be no longer…:(

I have just received conformation from Joe Tomasinski of Ed Fleming Lanes, and I must add, I am sad to announce that as of the 15th of July 2007 Ed Fleming Lanes will be no longer open for trade…The relocation is now not going ahead so as of the 15th of July 2007 there will be no more Ed Fleming lanes…

It’s a sad day in our sport when we loose a Ten Pin Bowling Centre at all, but to loose one with so much history and memories, and not to mention one that has been a huge supporter of both the sport of Ten Pin Bowling and the Total Bowling site... It is a very sad day for our sport indeed…

All the Best to Joe in what ever it is that you do mate…I only hope that Centres looking for a decent Manager at the moment throws an offer your way…

Hope the sport doesn’t loose you all together…

I echo your sentiments Jason. It is very sad to see a great centre close down. I have had many a memorable moments at EFL and mostly good ones.

As for Joe, well maybe somebody can entice him down Gippsland way!!

Seeing as my posts get taken so seriously - just kidding there Joe......

Liz & Gunther

I have never bowled at Ed Flemming...but it sounds like Melbourne is losing a great Centre. I know the difference not having Fairlanes has made here in Perth.

Best of luck for the Future Joe........

I have spent a great deal of my bowling years bowling at Ed flemming having move up there with legues when Ringwood closed. I have great memeories of of both the people and the bowl and wish all the staff well in their new endeavours. All I can say is lets go out with a bang on Saturday and have a heap of big scores during the Emerson Zone Final.

Good luck Joe ,
I don't have many bowling highlights but i will always remember bowling in the first Emerson Sheild there , i bowled for Werribee the woman came first and our men came third . Joe was our captain , Joe is more than a centre manager he is a real good bloke.
Our sport needs more people like you Joe , im sure you will busy at it again soon.

All the best
Christian

It's sad to see a big part of Melbourne's tenpin history going. I look forward to saying goodbye in style at the Emerson Zone Final this weekend. Lets have a few drinks to say bye... maybe one for each pin :D

AdrianS:
Altona would be better I suppose, more accomodation in the area, plus it's already hosted the Commonwealth Games, Junior Nationals and has the Adult Nationals & 2009 Womens World Championships so has a solid tournament experiance.

Now that i have recovered from this total shock...
Joe,
First of all thanks mate for all that you've done for our sport and for Victoria. You have put MTC among top of the list of tournaments in Australia. Your a Legend mate, a born leader. There are few people that are born with gifts and you're one of them. The success of MTC and the way you get sponsors and promote it speaks for itself. Your sacrifice and hard work will be remembered for a long long time. You and your staff have done a superb job.
Thanks for the score updates.
Take a break now, have few beers and watch the days of our lives here :D
Best wishes for you and your family,
AlexnJudy :)

Now that i have recovered from this total shock...
Joe,
First of all thanks mate for all that you've done for our sport and for Victoria. You have put MTC among top of the list of tournaments in Australia. Your a Legend mate, a born leader. There are few people that are born with gifts and you're one of them. The success of MTC and the way you get sponsors and promote it speaks for itself. Your sacrifice and hard work will be remembered for a long long time. You and your staff have done a superb job.
Thanks for the score updates.
Take a break now, have few beers and watch the days of our lives here :D
Best wishes for you and your family,
AlexnJudy :)

ah well its very sad to see Ed Fleming lanes shutting down for good :( :( . i was going to come up 1 time and have a couple of games up there for something to do thats now out of the question. good luck Joe hope you will find another position somewhere as a manager in the near future.

ps
Get the Melbourne Cup to Epping!!

How about we have the Melbourne Cup in Adelaide???

Saves me having to even think about traveling??

Gota get out you know?

Cheers

Tony

P.S. Sad to see it go, nice centre it was, even enjoyed bowling the Australian Cup when it was there.

I wish Joe and his staff all the best, I hate to see bowling centres close, especially ones that have so much history. The Melbourne Cup will never be the same.

Joe, Andrew and staff, I hope something works out for all of you. Good luck

It wasn't until somebody at EFL said something to me on the weekend that made me stop and think and look at the bigger picture.

There are quite a few juniors and youth that started out bowling at EFL and have gone on to become good friends. Not only are they loosing their centre but also their jobs. A great part of their life has been EFL and it made me think what a big phsycological effect it will have on their lives.

So I must give a special mention to these kids who are probably feeling a bit overwhelmed by this. I feel for you and certainly wish you all the best for your future.

Liz Fabian-Czmok

Joe, Robyn & Co
Very sorry to hear the centre relocation is not going ahead as originally planned. EFL will be sadly missed as it was a great support to us competitve bowlers over many years.
I remember when the Sundowners league moved there from Ringwood around 1990 and how great it was to bowl there on a Sunday night. Will never forget the Australian Cup back in 92 and what a great spectacle it was not to mention the difficulty of bowling on the conditions layed down for the tournament in league that evening.
With all the turmoil our sport is experiencing at the moment the last thing we needed was for this grand centre to close its doors.
We all salute all the staff for their great service to bowling over the last 17 odd years and hope that the legacy of Ed Fleming is not gone forever.

Back
Top Bottom