The Riverland Cup 2011

Congrats must go to Steve for going ahead with the tournament after losing his major sponsors, must have been a tough decision
The guys did the best they could after the problems caused from the lightning on Saturday night, completed beyond their control, everyone undestood the holdups and got on with the bowling
I sincerley hope Steve continues to hold this torunament in the future and bowlers support the efforts put in by Steve and his staff
Tough conditions, yes, but it should let you know where you stand as a bowler
Once again.........well done Steve

Cheers
Yurac

I concur with everything Colin posted above.

Steve and his staff bent over backwards to make everyone welcome and to make the tournament as enjoyable as possible and had to overcome some pretty unusual problems to just get through the finals. I hope all the no shows from this years event make the effort to attend next years event and make the event as successful as possible. I also hope there aren't any last minute schedule changes interstate again as well.

well said colin and brenton it was a great tornament well run my hat goes off to steve and his staff for there time and helpfulness after all the trouble we had over the weekend ,had a great time ther will be back next year

Perhaps you could come up with another avenue for National/State/local events to be published which would also allow bowlers to nominate for those events. Centres do not like advertising brochures for other centres, TBA website gives info. on the National events but not local etc. and you cannot nominate. And why is it up to me? I only pointed out the blatantly obvious

Perhaps we (us much maligned tournament organisers!) would be better served by using bowlers like yourself to advertise Total Bowling to your fellow bowlers and make them aware that this is where events are to be found. The Kegel Qld. Open has one spot available for a March tournament .... the entry forms are still sitting in my office at home and the majority of entries apart from the locals are from this website. Why would we advertise an unofficial site for tourneys?

Twin Tour uses TB extensively with great success and many thanks to Jason for his co-operation over the years. We all realize some changes need to be made BUT WHO WILL DO IT ???? Plenty of talk and criticism but ...... And who criticized? again, I just pointed out the obvious

Merry Christmas and Education for the bowlers who do NOT know about this site is what is needed and TBAQ certainly use it along with their own website to publicize appropriate events/training etc. If each State did this and each tournament did this and each Association did this, maybe the information about tournaments, leagues etc. would be made more public but I am looking forward to your solution. We need the bowlers to be informed that this information is available HERE for everyone about everything that is on.

Now, for my XXXX to kick start my Christmas although the 'old persons' party on Saturday took care of that really ! ENJOY !

Flower

TB is not an official TBA site and whilst it is good they allow you to advertise tourneys it is only a minority of people who see that. Why would you want anyone to promote TB when there is a perfectly good TBA website that could possibly be better utilized and publicized?

If a website must be used for tourney registrations then surely it should be the official TBA website and it should be promoted. Bowling should be run by the governing body, not a list of minority groups. Any use of sites such as this should only reinforce what is used/publicized by the official sites.

How about the use of social networking sites to advertise events? Just about everybody these days has a Facebook page. Many more people would see information regarding the event from status updates than they would posted on TotalBowling.

I was sorry to have missed this years event, and hope that it is back bigger and better next year!

Of course, TBA website should have a forum where bowlers can nominate for events. However, at this point in time, they don't so there needs to be an alternative.

The majority of major and minor events are still advertised on this site and as I have said, the Kegel Qld. Open has now filled totally from nominations on here.

Facebook is difficult to use for nominations as there are issues with the timing of entries received into the popular squads and this needs to be strictly monitored - too many alternatives, too many boo boos!!!!!! Experience speaking here.

No more from me on this subject, as we all have differing views, none of which are totally right or wrong.

Back
Top Bottom