Teams Challenge 2008

GUS

Over the weekend just gone, AMF Launceston Lanes proudly hosted the 10th Annual Ultimate Teams Challenge.

After 2 Days of Bowling (which included 5 Man Teams, 5 Man Baker System, Singles, & Doubles), the PRESIDENTS SHIELD BOYS were Victorious.

The Shield Boys won 3 of 4 events and won the Tournament by almost 20 Points. They also amassed the Highest Team Pinfall with Handicap/bonuses for the Event. Very deserving winners.

The Results for the Event are attached in both an Excel and PDF format for those who wish to view them.

A big thanks to all the Staff at AMF Lonny, especially to the Centre Manager, Rozanne Bird. Roxy's support of this over the 10 Years has been exceptional and this year the centre sponsored the event to the Tune of $818. She was also busy entering scores whilst I was Bowling, which made it easier for me.

Hopefully, everybody that participated in this years event enjoyed the New Structure of the Tourney. I am also after feedback from Bowlers & Spectators alike, on the new format. Pls post your thoughts and supply some constructuve criticism so I can make it better next year.

For myself personally, I dont think the Baker System went off quite aswell as I would have liked. Yes it was fun, but too long and too much moving around.

Apart from that I am pretty happy with the way it all went. I am looking at making the 5 Man Teams 6 games instead of 3 and maybe a small 4 Game Baker event at the end of the Tournament.

Thanks to everybody who participated and hopefully you will all be back next year

Cheers

Attachments

• TEAMS CHALL 08 RESULTS.pdf
    35.5 KB · Views: 46
  • TEAMS CHALL 08 RESULTS.xls
    126 KB · Views: 14
As it's an Ultimate Teams Challenge, I agree we need a mix of all formats. Singles, Doubles and Teams which some of our State Teams will be Competing in but also accomodate to most of the teams that bowl 5 man teams.

I'd have the singles and doubles on the saturday with a early finish so people can relax and down a few before the hall of fame dinner. Then have 6 games of 5 man teams on the sunday to bring it home.

I personally preferred the old format because I love bowling 5 man teams for points but I also understand the we have teams that bowl under the singles, doubles and teams structure so we need to accomodate for them also.

Also with the averages aswell, probably go off the Holt format of including your league and tournament (Previous Teams Challenge Averages) average as in some cases the handicaps can be a tad overbearing.

Still a very well done and well run tournament from all involved (other than when the computer decided to crap itself at the end). Good job again Sir Elton George.

Yours Sincerley
Gail Thompson-Hall ;)

Back
Top Bottom