Past President's Shield State Teams

K-C

The Tenpin Bowling Tasmania section of the TBA website now has a link to records of past and current state teams.

Unfortunately, complete records were not kept of President's Shields teams that have represented our State (or Junior State Masters Champions). The Committee has put together some years but we are hoping that some of you out there that have been around for awhile might be able to help us fill in the blanks.

We have the teams from 1994 to this year and some details of teams prior to 94 (and of course the victorious boys team in 1990). If anyone would have any photos or records of any teams from the inception of President's Shield up until 1994 we would really appreciate hearing from you.

As this is to update the State Committee records, I am sure that everyone realises we need more than just stabs in the dark, or "I think maybe such and such bowled that year" so please only let us know if you are sure of the information you're passing on. Also if anyone knows of people that do not read this site that may have this information and knows how they might be contacted, could you please also let us know. You can either email me at [email protected], PM me or email Garry Crick at [email protected].

Thanks,
Kassey.

Hi Kace,

1992 Tasmanian President Shield Squad
Boys Team:
David Robinson {Capt}, Hayden George, Mark Foster, Matt Burtt, Matt Cramond, Adam Johnson, Kevin Redmond.
Coach: Graham Hinkley
Manager: Kevin Huxley

Girls Team:
Brenda Cox {Capt} Peta Jones, Danielle Firman, Sally Hyland, Jane Gibbons, Helena Jones, Tanya Prestage.
Manager: Lesley Hyland

1993 Tasmanian President Shield Squad
Boys Team:
Matt Burtt {Capt} Matt Riley, Mark Foster, Matt Cramond, Adam Johnson, Scott Leary, Nathan Bricknell.
Manager: Kevin Huxley

Girls Team:
Peta Jones {Capt} Sally Hyland, Jane Gibbons, Sarah Huxley, Allison Burtt, Sheree De Kaste, Danielle Firman.
Coach/Manager: Louise Eady

I have the team photos from those years, if you would like them, I'll see if I can find someone with a scanner and we'll go from there.

Good luck with the job of doing this Kace, I know personally how difficult obtaining information is :lol:

Thanks for your help Matt.

I knew you would be able to help with some years. Let's hope some more people can possibly dust off some old photo albums or just test the memory out and help out too.

Names like Commane, Gourlay, Tylutki, etc. etc (you get the picture) are still on the scene and should be able to shed some light on past teams - if it all possible I was wondering if you would mind trying to jog some memories down there for us? Even if it is only a couple of members from a certain year, everything helps.

Anyway, thanks again Matt. Don't worry about the pics either, we will take your word for it (this time :wink: )

K-C said:
Thanks for your help Matt.

I knew you would be able to help with some years. Let's hope some more people can possibly dust off some old photo albums or just test the memory out and help out too.

Names like Commane, Gourlay, Tylutki, etc. etc (you get the picture) are still on the scene and should be able to shed some light on past teams - if it all possible I was wondering if you would mind trying to jog some memories down there for us? Even if it is only a couple of members from a certain year, everything helps.

Anyway, thanks again Matt. Don't worry about the pics either, we will take your word for it (this time :wink: )
LOL :D
We were having a bit of a yak about it last night, might sit down and write down a few names when I get a chance to.

From 1991 in Canberra names, would be Andrew Tylutki (Capt), Mark Foster, Matt Burtt not sure who else.
You might wanna ask Gus did he bowl Canberra '91, and did Joel Wilson play that year, also Todd Russell {bugger I finally saw him for the first time in about 8 years the other week and forgot to ask him #-o }
Have you got the girls team from 1990? I have the official program around here somewhere.
Might ask John Dobson too, he might know some of the 70's teams.
Leave it with me mate, and I'll see what I can do :wink:

Just talkin to Gourlay and we nutted a few more out.

1981 - Boys: Coach?, Keith Miller(C), Brett Wolfe, Stephen Gilbee, Ricky Steele, Andrew Finkelde, Paul Cook, Aaron Davis.
-Girls: Coach? Brenda Hanlon, Linda Williams, Allana Barrow, Jenny Hunt, Therese Stacey, Tracey Hodge, Kathy Burgess?
(Brenda Hanlon & ?)Brenda Hanlon Aust/masters Champion.

1982 -Boys: Wally Menzies (Coach), Stephen Gillbee(C), Simon Commane, Aaron Davis, Simon Gourlay, Chris Joseph, Mark Newland, Andrew Finkelde.
-Girls: Peter Gourlay (coach), Brenda Hanlon(C), Linda Williams, Allana Barrow, Therese Stacey, Trudi Commane, Kim Langford, Kim Miller.
(Masters: Chris Joseph and Brenda Hanlon)

1983 -Boys: Hank Jansen (Coach), Chris Joseph(C), Simon Commane, Simon Gourlay, Aaron Davis, Mark Newland, Shane Cowie, Scott Leary.
-Girls: Peter Gourlay (coach), Therese Stacey(C), Trudi Commane, Kim Langford, Kim Miller, Mandy Kievit, Tracey Stanton, Tamara Howells.
(Masters: Simon Commane and Therese Stacey)

1984 -Boys: Wally Menzies(Coach), Simon Gourlay(C), Aaron Davis, Darren Webster, Joel Wilson, Chris Joseph, Gerald Burgess, David Hyland.
-Girls: Lesley Hyland(Coach), Kim Miller(C), Kim Langford, Trudi Commane, Mandy Kievit, Tracey Stanton, Sharon McGuinness, Paula Cashion.
(Masters: Aaron Davis and ?)

1985 -Boys: Wally Menzies(Coach) Simon Gourlay(C), Aaron Davis, Darren Webster, Dale Young, Jason Commane, Shaun Maguire, David Hyland.
-Girls: Lesley Hyland(Coach), Kim Miller(C), Kim Langford, Trudi Commane, Paula Cashion, Mandy Kievit, Tamara Howells, Tracey Stanton.
(Masters Simon Gourlay and ?)

Sorry Can't remember some of the stats.
I'll try and find out.
I'll call around and find out some more info.

got another one
1980- Boys Hank Jansen(Coach),Keith Miller, Michael Cowie, Steve Gillbee, Andrew Finkelde, Nigel Barker, Brett Wolfe, Kevin Brown.
- Girls Allana Barrow, Linda Williams, Brenda Hanlon, Sandra Hanlon, Janet Grubb, Therese Stacey, Lyne Allan.
I'll post some pic's later.

Jerry8-10 said:
Hank Jansen(Coach)
Good work there Sim :D
Might call out and see Hank with Norm Green in the next couple of weeks as Hank is in REAL bother health-wise, sadly.
If he's up to it, i'll ask him if he remembers some of the teams and names from 1974-79 for you - if he's as ill as what Norm reckons I might just leave it be, but we'll see.

That would leave you with the following to get.
1974-1975-1976-1977-1978-1979-1986-1987-1988-1989-1991.

:idea: 1986: Boys State Masters Champion - Shaun Maguire. :idea:

Hi Guys,

Many thanks to Simon and Simon for the work they put in getting those other teams down on paper for us (I am sure it was hard work blowing out the cobwebs!).

I have written a list of what we have left to go but have left that in the possession of someone that won't lose it (unlike me). I will post the teams we are missing later, but thanks to all of you I believe it is now only a few details from the 80s and the teams from the first years of Shield in the 70s. We now have all the teams for the 90s through to this year.

Thanks again to everyone for their help.

Here is the 1982 Team
Check out Gourlay Bottom Left!
I had a bad Hair day
Back Row: Kim Miller, Kim Langford, Trudi Commane, Margaret Miller(Man), Peter Gourlay(G/Coach), Therese Stacey, Linda Williams, Brenda Hanlon.
Middle: Allana Barrow, Mark Newland, Wally Menzies(B/Coach), Chris Joseph, Keith Miller(As/Coach).
Front: Simon Gourlay, Aaron Davis, Simon Commane, Steven Gillbee, Andrew Finkelde.

Mint Photo Sim :lol: Awesome!!
Looks as if were taken on the ramp side steps outside Moonah Bowl - paint job hasn't changed still :lol:

*Wally Menzies hasn't changed in 22 years :lol:
*Peter Gourlay's still looking young there - still does.
*Gourlay's wearing the desert boots, as is the bloke at the other end of bottom row. :lol:
*And you think you had a bad hair day - check out the rug on the bloke left of you Sim :lol: Is that Aaron Davis? :eek:
*Steve Gillbee still looks the same now - went on to play 250 games of TFL/SFL with Hobart & New Norfolk and played in the 1990 and '99 Hobart Premiership sides, and still remembers with a lot of fondness, his Shield days :D

Brings back a lot great memories from my childhood :)

Hey Tiger put same names to the faces (as in l-r front row, l-r second row, l-r third row etc)

would be interesting

Thanks to Matt here's 92 State Team.
Back Row: Lesley Hyland(G/Man), Dave Robinson, Kevin Redmond, Adam Johnson, Mark foster, Matt Burtt, Hayden George, Matt Cramond, Kevin Huxley(B/Man) Graham Hinkley(Coach).
Front Row: Tanya Prestage, Jane Gibbons, Daniel Firman, Peta Jones, Helena Jones, Sally Hyland, Brenda Cox.

1993 State Team, Perth.
Back Row: Graham Hinkley(Coach), Louise Eady, Matt Cramond, Matt Riley, Adam Johnson, Nathan Bricknell, Matt Burtt(capt), Mark Foster, Scott Leary, sarah Huxley, Kevin Huxley(man),
Seated: Sally Hyland, Jane Gibbons, Peta Jones(capt), Danielle Firman, Allison Burtt, Sheree De Kaste.

I can't believe how young I look in the '93 pic, and how fat I was in the '92 pic :lol:
100kgs in the first, and 65kgs in the second :eek: :lol:

Should have some more good ones coming up too.
Spoke to Erica Tylutki tonight, and she is going to try and dig out some more old photos, and The Mercury clipping from our 1990 Boys Team victory.
Good to see our traditions finally being looked after here. :wink:

Hey everyone,

I have the 94 Team Picture at home here somewhere, but don't have the equip to put it on the net. Will bring the pic to Roll-offs in a couple of weeks & someone can lend while they put it on the net.

Good to see some of the photos ...... Nice pics of Mark (Bboy) and David Robinson to name a few.

Cheers
Scooter

1985 Team Perth
Back Row: Shaun Maguire, Darren Webster, Tracey Stanton, Kim Langford, Paula Cashion, Trudi Commane, Mandy Kievit, Simon Gourlay.
Middle Row: Trevor Hyland, Joan Joseph, Tamara Howells Kim Miller, Lesley Hyland, Wally Menzies.
Bottom Row: Aaron Davis, Dale young, David Hyland, Jason Commane.

Jerry8-10 said:
1983 -Boys: Hank Jansen (Coach), Chris Joseph(C), Simon Commane, Simon Gourlay, Aaron Davis, Mark Newland, Shane Cowie, Scott Leary.
-Girls: Peter Gourlay (coach), Therese Stacey(C), Trudi Commane, Kim Langford, Kim Miller, Mandy Kievit, Tracey Stanton, Tamara Howells.
(Masters: Simon Commane and Therese Stacey)

Just one question - the Scott Leary that is listed, is this the same Scott Leary that bowled Shield in about 93/94 or have we had two of them??? I am guessing there must have been two as if my memory serves me correctly, the Scott Leary I knew would have been only a few years older than me.

Back
Top Bottom