Past President's Shield State Teams

KC

You are correct, Scotty Leary was in the 94 team and a top bloke (jsut thought Id mention that!). The other 'Scott Leary' mentioned is either a different one or a typo.

Cheers
Scooter

Just wanted to bump this up again in case anyone has had any brain flashes on how we may be able to get in contact with anyone that would know any details about the first few years of Shield (yes, people even older that Simon and Matty :lol:).

Also Scott mentioned about the 94 team pic - if you bring that to roll offs on the weekend Scott I am sure we can organise something to get it up on here. I won't be happy however if pics of teams from 96 on start appearing!!

Once again I would like to thank everyone for their help. It was a great shame to realise we had no records of our past shield teams and with all of your help we have come a long way towards rectifying this.

Here is the 1990 State Team.

Back: Trevor Hyland, Joel Wilson, Damien Maguire, Andrew Tylutki, Bob Quilliam, David Robinson, Mark Foster.

Middle: Meg Quilliam, Michelle Blair, Nicole Quilliam, Brenda Cox, Leslie Hyland, Jane Hart.

Front: Andrew Robinson, Kylie Evans, Melissa Heywood, Sharon Day, Todd Russell.

Ahhhhhhh sweeeet memories :D :D :D

I'll never, ever forget that day/night.
It was a hottish day for the middle of winter, about 26C outside, threatening skies, but strangely, with snow on the mountain :lol:
It seemed like that day, the whole of the large Tasmanian bowling community had filed through the doors of Moonah to roar Tassie home.
Even the SA supporters (forever chanting SA-SA Great, SA-SA Great) were joining forces with us.
I was up the top end of the grandstand, right up in the back corner, looking directly down onto Lane 3.
There was a massive atmosphere, Tassie were down going into the last game, and Damien Maguire and Andrew Tylutki lifted the roof off the building with some great strikes.

We were keeping an eye on the Vics to make sure they didn't win, ACT were doing the right things and earning the massive cheers from the packed main-stand and every where around.

Going into the last few frames, the place is as tense as I've ever seen a bowling centre, every great Tassie or ACT shot earning humungous roars of approval, even spares were getting the good oil from the crowd.
A Victorian struck in a particularly tight match - silence.
It was up to Maguire and Tylutki now.

Maguire trips the 4-pin ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAR :D
Maguire gets a wall-shot YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAHHHHHHGGGHH :lol: - the place is going totally off :lol:
A good count for Mags sees a good great game earn vocal cheers from the crowd.

Andrew Tylutki can bring home the bacon for Tassie, comes in high in the pocket - Trips the 4-pin - Accompanied by one of the biggest roars I have ever heard.
If you ever watched English Football, and you've seen a side score, and in the background the whole stand rises as one, that is what the whole bowling centre was like that early evening - Unbelievable stuff :D
Tylutki then proceeds to roll his next shot and rip the 5 clean out - It's party time - the supporters are jumping up and down with joy in the stand, and in the concourse area now.

Toddy Russell finishes out the last frame for the new winners, with a cheer as he spares, then splits.

We've won :D Most awesome day I've ever spent in a centre.

Happy memories :D

Well Well i was bored 2nite and just did a search for my name and found this site...wow i haven't bowl in years, and all these memories of my time playing and the 2 junior shield teams i played in well enough...i have got some pics of the 93 and 94 years mmmmmm and they were sweet memories i had made some greats friends just a pity we didn't stay in touch.... well you may think who is this but i will leave you to guess and the 2 years should give it away as i think only 3 members bowled in both these years and by my user you should guess :D

Cheers Bricka

(highest 290) grrrr solid 10 in pocket.....and i still have nightmares bout it :shock:

Hi Nathan. You probably don't remember me, but you bowled with my brother, Matt Fechner, in Gosford in 94.

Anyway, just to let you know, Garry and I have just compiled an updated list of teams and it seems the only blanks we have left are:

1974 through to 1979
1988 - Missing 2 boys and 5 girls
1989 - Missing 3 boys and all the girls

Thanks to everyone that got us this far!! Fingers crossed we might be able to fill in the rest of the blanks one of these days.

Kassey.

Oooh geezs... yep thats right.. u have good memory.. so what is Matthew doing these days??.

Cheers

Look what the cat's dragged in :lol:
Bricka, great to see you about the place man, long time no hear :D
Last time I was yakking to you, you were living in Sheffield (or out that way) and working at Maccas in Devonport, and your old man was a goal umpire at the old Devonport Blues games - geez it's been a long time :lol:

By the way Kace, I might ring up Rhonda Boulter (formerly Hunt) who I know bowled in the '77 Team and see if she can shed any light on some of the missing names for you.
Also I think I remember Norm saying he bowled in a Shield team in the mid seventies also.

I'll keep you posted. :wink:

Well matt things have changed since then.. i am now married 8 years this year :shock: and have 3 kids working on the spirit of tassie boats, and living in devonport, i was talking to matt riley like 2 years ago and he was off (can't remember place now) did he end up going...and this may be old news but when is the next junior state trials... i would like to catch up with you all again... spose they have finished huh.. anyway i will have to chat to you when u are online next take care and chat 2 ya later

Cheers Nathan...

OH i have less hair now will have 2 send you latest pic :)

Nathan,

Scott Summers here. Good to see your still alive & kicking. Long time no see. Any thoughts of a bowling comeback????

Hi there Scott.... yer it is a long time no see.... well bowling come back let me :-k and say =D> as i reckon that was a great joke me making a come back. but will say =; as my days of bowling i think are over as i don't have much time now with family but i may put in the odd appearance to a bowling alley....but would be good to catch up with you all.... so i take it (looking at some latest comps) you are still bowling...how are going now......but 1 thing i do miss is the fun i had bowling....

Cheers

yes still bowling ......

would class myself very much a 'part-time' bowler these days. I have had a couple of 'semi-retirements' due to work and/or lack of interest over the past few years. However after my poor showing at the recent Rachuig Roll-offs I am once again considering retirement. I've been lucky enough to bowl 3 Rachuigs, which is probably at least two more than I hoped for, and bowled quite well in a couple of them ..... so might go into hybernation (bowling wise) for a few years and see how much I miss it. At some point you have to stop thorwing money at a sport, which apart from bringing great friendships, doesn't really offer a lot in return!

Anyways, nice to hear from you, might see you sometime in a bowl, as even when I'm not bowling I like to keep in touch with most of the guys so there's a fair cahnce I will be there.

Heres the 1996 State Team (thanks to Allison).
Back: Dallas Williams, Aaron Potter, Adam Brewer, Matt Riley, Gavin Hawkes, Curtis Timms, Jarrod Pearce, Nigel Harrison, Jeremy Salter, Brett Riley.

Bottom: Louise Eady, Lisa Williams, Lisa Cook, Allison Potter, Kassey Fechner, Amy Huxley, Rebecca Salter, Sally Hyland, Zelma Riley.

1997 State Team.
Back Row: Denice Salter, Allison Potter, Brett Riley, Nathan Arrowsmith, Jarrod Pearce, Tren Pearce, Lisa French.

Centre: Luke Salmon, Maree Summers, Gavin Hawkes, Kassey Fechner, Adam Carr.

Front: Kristy Goss, Adam Brewer, Rebecca Salter, Ashley Riley, Lisa Cook.

Um question i think you have made a mistake the back row 1st person reads BARRY WILLIAMS it should read DALLAS WILLIAMS

Sorry to pick

Back
Top Bottom