2004 Teams Challenge Results

GUS

Attached are the results of this years event held this weekend. Sorry to all the forum viewers for no score updates during the event. (Didnt have time to Post Last Night). I have also attached the Entry Form Details for everybodys perusal so they can get the gist of what went on. All the files are in pdf format.

Congratulations go out to the WALTER DE VEER MENS TEAM on a fantastic and well deserved win. They bowled really well all weekend and won the Event the hard way by bowling 4 Matches in the elimination finals with the final match being won on the Final Shot by 4 PINS.

With the change of format this year, the event proved to be a great success and with the inclusion of the of the elimination finals (and our 2 new representitive teams), it made a great finish to the event. The last 5 Matches were won(or lost) in the final couple of frames of the final 2 bowlers with the winning team pinfalls being 23 Pins or Less in each match. It was a fantastic event which I feel went off with a 'BANG' of a finish.

Thanks to all that have helped me organise this event, not only this year, but over the past 5 years aswell. With all the input we had concerning the necessary changes for this years event, I can proudly say that the right decision was made in choosing this format.

Final Placings

1st .....Walter De Veer MENS
2nd....Rachuig MEN
=3rd...Shield BOYS
=3rd...Shield GIRLS
=5th....ATBSO MEN
=5th....Youth MIXED
=7th....WDV LADIES
=7th....ATBSO MIXED
9th......Rachuig LADIES
10th....ATBSO LADIES

Yes It was Fantastic Event and congrats to All the Other Teams for the Great Bowlling
And yes The Final Beetwen Us and the Rachuig it was a RIPPER Only to won By 4 pins on the Last Shot

Finally Thank you Gus and keep up the great work you Done :D

I'd like to congratulate Gus on the way he handled the pressure us girls put on him in the final .. having to get at least one of the two pins to beat us .. and he did it easily .. very impressive! and us girls were 10th yesterday and finishing 3rd was an amazing effort I'm really proud of you all .. and thank you to Gyan for us she did an amazing job and for Kristi for coming down to tassie to bowl .. fitted in so well and I'm so happy to have her in the team ..

I'm just dribblin @#$% now so thanks everyone for an awesome tournie
see most of you again next year

Kara

Congratulations to Gus and AMF for a great tournament.

Having been involved with both the Shield teams and the Rachuig Mens team it was a fantastic weekend and it was great to see and hear the support for both teams in the final. The atmosphere and noise in the final match reminded me of what Rachuig used to be like 20 years ago. Well done to the WDV Men, to handle the pressure that Rachuig Men put you under and come through and win was a superb effort.

The Shield teams couldn't have asked for a better hitout before they leave to go to the Australian Championships in 2 weeks. Both teams showed how much talent and potential they have and I know that both Brett Kenley and myself were very proud of the way they performed, especially in the pressure cooker atmosphere of the elimination finals.

As coach of the Girls team, they showed how much guts and determination they have after what was a very ordinary first day when they were sitting last Saturday night. To turn it around and come out firing and win five games on the trot to make it into the Preliminary Final and to push the Rachuig Men right to the last frame and only lose by 2 pins when Gus struck on the first ball in the tenth was an unbelievable performance. You proved to me and every one there on Sunday that you have the talent and the ability to achieve the goals that we have set for Shield.

Finally to Gus, I know how much time and effort you have put in to make this great tournament a success. Thank you and keep up the great work because this tournament should not disappear from our tournament calender like many others have already done.

hey
thanks to GUS for putting on this event
it was an awsome day with all teams bowling well
i would like to thank brett for helping us (president shield boys) thoughout the weekend even though he had his own state team to bowl with he stuck with the boys. thanks to the supporters.
well done to the girls for the fantastic come back, to have just made the final and to come third what a fantastic job they did!!!
thanks again to all

8) marsh 8)

Sounds like it was a great tournament :)
I wished I could have come up to watch you guys all play but unfortunately I had to work the entire weekend.
Just on the results you have posted, I am an unable to view any of them because I no longer have Excel, Office etc after my computer got wiped a couple of months ago, if anyone could give us a quick rundown on the averages that'd be much appreciated :)

Well done to all who bowled, and especially to the Juniors who by the sounds of it, really performed well under pressure, and Congrats to the WDV Mens team for winning.

Well done Gus for running a great tourney, one I hopefully can be a part of one time soon.

Thanks Gus & Micky for that, I didn't even have Adobe left on here....lol :) after the big crash.

Just downloaded Adobe reader and now I can view them. I'll reinstall everything else I lost later :lol:

Ta for that :)

Well done to the winners, having been a part of the tournament in previous years, it certaninly is a fantastic tournament which in my opinion has a better atmosphere then Rachuig, well done to Gus on his continual support and effort that he puts in to the running of this event, maybe an idea for next year, have something like Non representive teams able to enter but cap it at 2 or 3 teams...Just an idea, which i think could make this event even more succesfull and exciting than it is already.

Well done again to all involved

Bruv

What else can I say......What a FANTASTIC weekend!! The atmosphere that was in Launceston Bowl over those 2 days of bowling was electric. One could be mistaken to think they were already at the nationals.

Once again thanks to Gus for the organising & Launceston bowl for hosting this tournament. To have all our state reps, & their supporters together, & put on the show that they did, was just awesome!!

The old saying "It aint over till it's over", should have been our motto for the weekend. The amount of games that were won or lost on the last frame over the course of the weekend, was huge. There should be a lesson there for us all........each pin counts & never give up until the last ball is bowled.

Congratulations to the WDV Men for taking out the title. Keep up the good scoring in Melb & you should bring the trophey home to Tassie again this year.

To the Rachuig men, Congratulations on making the final. You all bowled well over the two days & were unlucky to miss out on the title. You did well to win your games, as you played against big handicaps for most of the time. Well done indeed.

To both our Junior teams. Well bowled!! You couldn't have asked for a better practice for Shield. You handled the pressure just right. We really do have some great talent in our junior ranks. I have no doubt you will all do well. Bring it home to Tassie!!

Thanks to everyone involved for their sportsmanship & friendship. As a new bowler to Tassie, it is wonderful to feel part of the team & be welcomed into it.

BTW.......When's the next Challenge?????

Jet

I would like to say well done to all teams who participated in this years event, it was an exciting and enjoyable tournament to bowl in. This tournament is what team bowling is all about, and this was shown in the finals where matches came down to the very last balls bowled. I'd like to say well done Hayden in organising, running and participating in this years event, it just gets bigger and better every year.

I'm very proud of how the juniors bowled during this event, both teams showed great fighting ability when needed to get through tough matches. I'm extremely happy with what has been achieved over the last couple of days, there are many positives which I hope the Junior teams will carry with them.

Thankyou to my Rachuig team mates for understanding my commitment between the Rachuig team and coach of the President Sheild boys team. I'm sure I speak for Garry as well. Thanks.

Congratulations to WDV men for your win, you did do it the hard way, well done.

Hey there everyone,

I just want to say that I had a really great weekend bowling in your
teams challenge even though we did'nt have much success I still
had an absolute ball, A special thankyou to Kassey and her family for
putting me up for the weekend and to Gary and Jackie for keeping me
up for the weekend :lol:
I congratulate everyone that bowled on the weekend your all winners
and yes Gus you did an awsome job with the tourny. =D>
I so look forward to seeing you all again soon on the mainland
perhaps some of you will come over for SPC if not Looking
forward to Rachuig

Love you Guys
Doddzy

Congratulations to the De Veer men on taking out the challenge in a well fought out final.

Well done to our Rachuig men aswell, who did very well to finish 2nd chasing much higher handicapped teams all through the event.

I was very impressed with the way both Shield teams came back from being down at different stages and I am sure you will all do the State very proud in a couple of weeks time in Illawarra.

Gus does a fantastic job with this tournament every year and it's great to see the support for it continuing. I thought the changes in the format worked like a dream and I personally hope it stays that way in the future.

HUGE thank you to Mary for coming down and joining us for the weekend - it was great to get to know you and I know all of us are really looking forward to bowling Rachuig with you. To the rest of the Rachuig ladies, just want to say we showed in the first 3 games what we can do and I am sure that was a sign of things to come.

Jet - sadly, the next challenge is a whole year away :cry: :cry:

hey everyone

I would like to say thank u to everyone in tassie! I had an absolutely awesome weekend!! and now i can't wait the last couple of days till i depart for nationals! the tournie is such a good idea and i think more states should look at having one! Congratulations to all the teams that competed especially Rachuig Men, WDV Men, Pres Shield Girls and Pres Shield Boys. ( We can do it at Pres Shiled. We proved it to everyone in Tassie!!)

Once again thanx to everyone i'll definately be back down there in the future!

Laterz Kristi
Hounarary Taswegian!!

Back
Top Bottom