State Champs at Innisfail

Andrew S.

Gold Coast
Please find attached State Champs & Masters Rules Regs and Entry Form.
Thanks to all at Total Bowling for allowing us to post here.

Attachments

• The Queensland State Championships 2011 v10.12.doc
    142 KB · Views: 114
As im still new to the QLD scene, am i right in assuming that if we choose to rolloff for rachuig, we must attend this?

No you wont have to travel up North if you are from Central or South Qld.
You can bowl in your Local Area or City Championships, as there is no SQ Zone Championship this year.
We're advising bowlers down here to bowl Brisbane Area.

So if you live in Southern QLD, do you have to bowl, which specific championships?

Or can you just submit a nomination, which would seem much fairer if you bowl lots of tournaments regularly anyway?

Bowlers intending to nominate for any of the Queensland State Teams, ie Rachuig Restricted or Seniors have the option of attending either the State Championships at Innisfail, OR their local Association Championships. You will be required to show verification (ie results sheet) of your participation.

Obviously it would be great if you supported the State Championships, but we do appreciate the distance and costs involved in getting there. Please check with your local associations as to when their championships are being held, or alternatively check the Queensland calendar on TBAQ.org.au - if the associations have given us the date, then they will be listed on the calendar.

So obviously, if we wish to try and win the state masters for the free spot in national masters, we need to travel north?

I just want to clarify what needs to happen before i go booking anything if i wish to travel.

Thanks

Matt

So I am on the Gold Coast and apparently Ashmore Tenpin Bowling association is the local body that runs things meaning the local area champs would be at Ashmore i assume yet I bowl at Robina and no longer bowl at Ashmore.

Does this mean that I would HAVE to bowl in that local area championships, or could I bowl in another associations champs to be eligable for rachuig?

Can i please have an explanation?

Well here is what i would suggest would be your options if you want to bowl Rachuig...

1. Bowl in Innisfail (with the chance of also winning the Masters Spot for QLD)
2. Stay south and bowl in your Local Area Championships (i.e Gold Coast/Ashmore)
3. Bowl Brisbane Area if your not keen on supporting your local championships (in this case you will need to join Brisbane area or perhaps even a league if you haven't done already)

Thats my take on it, but i have been out of the game along time now and without taking the time to read it that is i am sure how it used to work...

Either way best of luck to all those Nominating should be a successful Rachuig for QLD again...

Thanks Jase. This is very helpful.

Cant do Innisfail as I have other commitments that weekend and is just too expensive and I cant afford it. Too many other tournament and other bowling commitments on top also.

If the Local champs for Gold Coast are to be held at Ashmore, then this is not possible for me either due to reasons I wont go into here. If it is at another GC center like Tweed, Burleigh or Robina then that is OK.

If that is not an option as above, then what is the criteria?

I just went onto TBAQ and couldnt find any info confirming that a State or Local champs are even required to be bowled.

I wish to know who is the State team Co-Ordinator for Rachuig, and a clear definition of full criteria, as I am considering rolling off this year. Is this possible, does anyone know?

Thanks again Jase.

Does anyone know when the Ashmore Championships are? Info even?

Reason being, the Holt Challenge will be there and i'm keen on popping in before hand.

Just an oppinion, I wouldn't do the State Champs as they've changed the whole format and are forcing everyone to do an All events, not individual singles, doubles or teams. Read the format and see what you think :)

Ashmore no longer holds a Championship due lack of interest. It has been that way for several years now. We do hold a members only tournament every year but its not classified as a Championship.

There is no Gold Coast Area Championships and Gold Coast Region bowlers who wish to nominate for State Teams are being advised to bowl in Brisbane Area Champs which are an open event.

If either Mt Warren or Tweed hold a Championship that would be an acceptable event (provided of course it was open and not closed).

Hi all i am TBA 2011 silver membership and i am keen to play in this event, however i would do the singles and teams. So the issue is i dont know anyone very well that at my bowling level would get in my team? My average score is 161 from the league.

Other question is, am i eligible to play this event which i have not competed other events? I have done Xmas Classic at Tweed and World Cup @ Cabby thats all.

Cheers Matt

Brisbane Area is not compulsory but you must bowl in an Area Championship somewhere.

I have not found anything on the TBAQ site validating this!

Can someone please confirm the selection criteria?

Probably should start another thread, this is off topic but...

I have not found anything on the TBAQ site validating this!

Can someone please confirm the selection criteria?

There is nothing on the TBAQ website as the full details have not yet been announced. I got my information from Broni who is on the committee that decides the criteria.
Broni has already confirmed the information you were given by me in her own post.
However as you choose not to believe either of us I guess there's nothing more to be said.

Back
Top Bottom