Adult State Championships 2009

Andrew S.

Gold Coast
Qld State Championships

We should have entry forms out this week sorry about the delay. Broni Morgan will be coordinating entries as they come in. Remember you can only enter in 4 person team formation and please dont lets revisit the rights or wrongs of that, its not going to change for this year.
NQ Bowlers please remember that the State Masters Champions will be decided from these Championships - the NQ Zone Champs are not eligible to field a Masters Champ for this years Nationals.

Re: Qld State Championships

Good luck with that remarkable format guys, I look forward to seeing if that does the trick.

Thanks guys we can only try.

Please dont hold off your entries simply because you dont have a Registration number yet.
We can get them on the day.

Im assuming the order that you put down on entry form is the order you will have to bowl and following the table on the entry top two bowlers play doubles and bottom two are the other doubles.

Have i got this correct Mr Shinnie

So if I am reading the entry form right. If you want to do a doubles with two or more people you will have to find other bowlers to bowl the whole 9 games in teams and doubles and singles?

I'm not sure if I'm missing something on it. But it looks like doing multiple events is very difficult or not even permitted.

Shayne

Hi Shane,

New State Championships Format:

Your are spot on. To bowl a Second doubles OR even Retry to improve your all events to qualify for master you will need to re bowl with a Team of 4 players and bowl a complete set of 9 games.

There are a couple of Core Reasons for the Format Change.

• Firstly it has been oblivious over the last few years that the State Championships Has Been Reducing in Numbers. So A Format Change Needed to be looked at.
• Secondly it has become more and more difficult to secure Centers will to Run the Championships Due to the nature of the Old Squad Formats. The Centers were never sure how many teams were coming for each squad and lane allocation become difficult. This new format works well in assisting centers to know that they will need X number of Lanes for a certain time.

I have made a note regarding your comment and perhaps for next year we could look at having a Single 3 game Squad in the evenings allowing bowlers to bowl a Singles or Doubles AFTER they have completed the All Events 9 Game Run?

I am happy to take on board any suggestions but we had to start somewhere.

Cheers

Morty

Would all Qld/Invitational State Team Members competing in these championships (Rachuig, Seniors and Restricted) please note that their championship entries will be completed and submitted by the relevant co-ordinators, and notification will be sent to them via email of their squad allocation.

If anyone from the North is intending on travelling down to compete, please email Morty asap (if you haven't already done so) so that we get you in a squad.

Would all Qld/Invitational State Team Members competing in these championships (Rachuig, Seniors and Restricted) please note that their championship entries will be completed and submitted by the relevant co-ordinators, and notification will be sent to them via email of their squad allocation.

If anyone from the North is intending on travelling down to compete, please email Morty asap (if you haven't already done so) so that we get you in a squad.

Hi Broni,
Does that include the reserves as well?

Hammo

Sure Dose Captain Reserve... In Fact I will send through an Email on Face book as I would like to Bowl With you if you would like mate.

I am Sure I can Speak For Tony as well as myself and say.. " NOT WITH YOU " .... LOL

Hi Broni,
Does that include the reserves as well?

Hammo

Tony, sorry I couldn't get back into the post to edit it within the allotted time :rolleyes:, did not mean to exclude the Rachuig Squad as a whole.

must be why I am only the vice..........shouldn't be entrusted with anything real important :confused:

my apologies to the reserves........

team telly tubbies powered by switch and burger rings would luv to come down there to mt easyville and kick some sth kingaroy buttocks but unfortunatly we have other commitments ,sounds like a great format and we wish everyone well, if you like we could find any old lefthander(cheat) and prebowl or something and send some scores down . seriously sounds great wish we were there ps. is jagger and george bowling doubles that would be fun to watch haaaa ,good luck morphious broni and co otty.

Sure Dose Captain Reserve... In Fact I will send through an Email on Face book as I would like to Bowl With you if you would like mate.

Hammo & Morty bowling doubles...that gives them about 3 revs between them...rofl seriously..good luck guys

For someone who has not taken the plunge into the 'elite' tournament scene and admits that he is still trying to learn how all this works. Is it possible to get a rundown of all the events and where they stand in reference to each other. If this is posted somewhere just a link would suffice, I can then do my own reading to get up to speed.

What I am trying to get across is along the lines of .. is Rachuig 'more important' (for want of a better phrase) than these state championships? are either/both more important than the super six(does this still exist)? Are these state events actually Ranking events?? Which are Ranking point events and how does it all work? Are rep sides 'more important' than Ranking events?

Also, if one was to try to find a 'path' to enter the 'Ranking' system, does this 'pathway' actually exist?
I mean, would you look at making it at a regional, then state, then ranking. Do you need to make a rep team before you would be permitted to to gain ranking points? If you do not need to make a rep team and can go straight into ranking event for ranking point would you recommend not to bother until you have made a rep team of some sort.

Please don't flame me, I am just trying to understand how it all works. I don't believe I am at that level yet anyways, still have too many flaws in my game.

Thanks,

Back
Top Bottom