Slow bowling and an apology of sorts

wchester

Bowling Tragic
Well, it looks like I've done it again. Seems there are a few, make that many, bowlers in Australia who have the crazy idea that bowling should be a race to the finish.
I have to admit. I DO take my time while I'm competing. Nothing worse than rushing a shot and giving your opponent that opening he needs to defeat you. If anyone out there was put off this weekend by my style of bowling, please be man enough to speak to me personally about it.
I really don't need the tournament director coming to me in the middle of a contest and asking me if i can speed it up a bit for the benefit of the other finalists. I'm very approachable boys so if you have a gripe, TELL ME!
And to the bowler(s) who thinks I said something out of line during our match, I apologise for saying anything you might have taken personally. To me it's all just heat of the battle stuff and I sincerely like and respect each and every bowler I faced.

Wayne

Just to keep you happy Wayne...
There are a lot of slow bowlers, Full Stop.
I reckon Tim Mack is slow, but he only takes one shot to my two so he's still quicker than me. As to the "heat of the moment," the other person should not have been listening to you, should have been "ON HIS GAME". What do you say Wayne. I reckon put up or shut up, dont go running home to mummy every time a bowler has a go at you. they'ed last 2 frames in the company of FUBAR. Tell him / her to come to the Perth Cup / Rosemount Cup we'll sort em out.
Now take my tongue out of my cheek, and say nothing.
How did you finish anyway Wayne.

Wayne

I asked Rob to get you to keep up with the game. It took him 2 games before I saw him speak with you.
We have a number of bowlers who take there time in the players area and on the approach.
But they keep up with the others only to be in the 10 frame at the same time.

My point was made when everyone had finished and your in the seventh frame and no where to be seen. Oh yes you were at the cafe getting chocolate. At least do it during the lane change.

Im sure I speak for other also when I say we're not getting younger and the stop cool down and start again really starts to tear muscles.

Take your time by all means but keep up with the game. When in Rome do as the Romans do
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom