shoes soles question

slayer

i have a pair of dexters but they are beginner type shoes... they have a slide on both feet... the heel has absolutely no braking ability it is actually more slippery then the slide!!! i slipped over once because i transferred my weight to the heel and it slid straight out from under me!

i bought a switchable slide and heel and planned on taking my current shoes to a cobbler and get them to change the sole to the velcro so they are changeable...

my main question is how do people setup the soles?

is this the configuration:

sliding foot - slide in front and heel for braking?
non-slide foot - plain rubber that doesnt slide?

ps. im a 2-handed bowler...

Wire brushing the heel may help there. Depends how dusty your approaches are.

Sliding foot setup - correct, although finding the right matching velcro could be tricky and you may need to go to Spotlight or maybe Bunnings to source it. Pivot foot depends on how much grip you want from it. As a two hander, you probably want something a bit harder than a runner sole, so you can pivot harder than a stroker without wrenching your knee. Also, grippier rubber can trip you up if you shuffle your feet.

Make sure you specify non-marking sole material!

I am the oposite, having always had a full sliding sole, now have interchangable Banfs. My issue is now with a braking sole, the sliperiest heel that i can get still gives me grief. Does anyone know of a heel for the Banfs that has the same slide properties as the front sole area, that is not rubber?
Cheers
Jason

I gather you are trying to get more slide.

You need a Dexter H7 Red Leather Sole to slide more.

If you want more slide then you go to a Dexter S8 YELLOW LEATHER sole.(not S8 white microfibre)

If you want even moooore slide you go to a Dexter S10 Sole.

Hope this helps

or if you want even moreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee slide... go past the black line 60ft from the pins...

Back
Top Bottom