Changing soles on non-changeable shoes?

slayer

Hiya,

I have a pair of non-expensive (but comfortable) bowling shoes (Dexter) but they dont have the option of changing the soles... but the thing is i bowl 2 handed and more like a cranker so i need little or no slide at all... but i dont wanna have to buy another pair of shoes... so what i wanted to do was custom attach a new slide sole and heel to my shoes...

how do the inter-changeable soles attach? will i be able to glue one to my shoes? and what about the heel? was gonna get my dad to give me a hand cos he is pretty handy with all this kind of stuff :)

which soles would you recommend?

Hey Aaron....

How is it all going for ya? Well, I hope.
Dave Billing said u were a natural when you went for your 2 handed coaching lesson....you should call him again for another lesson!

Anywho...as far as new soles and stuff go, what I did with a pair of my old skate shoes is take my slide shoe to the shoeman at TTP....on the corner near Woolworths. He slapped a velcro sole on my left shoe. Then all I had to do is get Dexter replacement soles and heels to slap on. Hey presto....and cheaper than most bowling shoes.

He may be able to do that with your current bowling shoes....Let me know how you go.

Cheers

hey Michael, did he have to cut out some of the sole though to make room for things like the additional lift from attaching a heel? or just slap the velcro attachment stright on? do you know how much the velcro attachment was? and did that make your right and left shoes now uneven?

The lesson with Dave was great! he is an awesome coach! i was going to tee up another lesson and had planned on going to him for lessons, ball drillings etc... however I am now going back to uni (making career change from IT) and will be there for hopefully only 1 year... due to the cost of bowling I am having to put it on hold other than social bowling as i simply cant afford it without a full time job :( so yeah... but wanted to get my shoes sorted so when i go out i can continue to keep my form and my other shoes were slipping all over the place!

tried brushing slide sideways but didnt make enough of a difference and the main problem i think was that my shoes dont really have a good stopping heel...

I think it will be a straight swap...your old sole for a velcro strip. Then changeable sole onto velcro.

Shouldn't have too much problem with even-ness (if that's a word!) of the feet.

For him to put velcro strip it might cost 35-40 bux and then cost of changeable sole on top.

If you need anything else, let me know.

Cheers

If you're talking Dexter heels......any heel you feel comfortable with plus Dexter S2 (Brown leather) or S4 (Red leather).

Just watch out for the first time....you may go A over T.

Good luck mate....

already gone A over T! it was like falling over up on stage :)

might go with Dexter S2 and H1. think its the heel where i really need the braking ability.

Back
Top Bottom