Dexter SST8 Black and Gold bowling shoes - Men size 11 (UK)

Julie Roberts

My son's shoes have split across the sole and we paid over £200.00 for them. Because they are out of warranty Dexter are refusing to deal with the matter. I think it is terrible that my 17 year old son should have to pay for a new pair of bowling shoes when it is clearly a design fault. I do not expect to pay £200.00 for a pair of shoes that he wears approximately 6 hours a week to do this.

Has anyone else had a problem with these shoes.

Hi Julie,

I went through two pairs of SST8's and I think in a similar fashion to what your son has. I also have a friend who had the same problem. They split just behind where the removable sole attaches, and right through the sole. And I think this is the problem, the models before the SST8 had left-handed and right-handed shoe models, while the SST8 has a rubber attachment for one side so they can release the same shoe for any bowler.

I ended up buying a pair of SST4's instead. The left shoe has the velcro for interchangeable soles while the right shoe has a permanent rubber pad on the sole which has not split for me, or shown any sign of doing so.

Hi Julie,

I went through two pairs of SST8's and I think in a similar fashion to what your son has. I also have a friend who had the same problem. They split just behind where the removable sole attaches, and right through the sole. And I think this is the problem, the models before the SST8 had left-handed and right-handed shoe models, while the SST8 has a rubber attachment for one side so they can release the same shoe for any bowler.

I ended up buying a pair of SST4's instead. The left shoe has the velcro for interchangeable soles while the right shoe has a permanent rubber pad on the sole which has not split for me, or shown any sign of doing so.
XThank you for your help I am still trying to get them to give us our money back. Did they give you a refund

It was several years ago but I ended up getting a replacement pair from the supplier. The second pair failed in the same way soon afterwards and I didn't pursue a refund after that.

I tried taking the second pair to a boot maker and getting a brown rubber sole put across the split shoe section. Unfortunately the rubber marked the bowling lanes and hence, wasn't very suitable. My friend tried getting black rubber put across his split shoe section with the same unsuitable result.

Hi Julie,

I had the same problem as well. I took mine to a bookmaker to repair it. The sole split again. I took it back to the same bookmaker and he replaced it with a non marking black sole and it has been fine. I bowl three times a week and have not had a problem since getting it repaired. The bootmaker told me that the sole is in two sections and is not made for the constant wear n tear that bowling places on the soles. Dexter have realised that the shoes had a major flaw and brought out The 9. The problem is that the shoes are expensive as is the replacement soles for them. I had no luck with getting a refund from the supplier.

Back
Top Bottom