bowling shoes help

slayer

i have a pair of dexters but they are beginner type shoes... they have a slide on both feet... the heel has absolutely no braking ability it is actually more slippery then the slide!!! i slipped over once because i transferred my weight to the heel and it slid straight out from under me!

i bought a switchable slide and heel and planned on taking my current shoes to a cobbler and get them to change the sole to the velcro so they are changeable...

my main question is how do people setup the soles?

is this the configuration:

sliding foot - slide in front and heel for braking?
non-slide foot - plain rubber that doesnt slide?

ps. im a 2-handed bowler...

Eh? What you suggested in your first post was correct, as GBS said. I'm sorry, but I don't understand what your'e now asking.

well i bought a slide and heel that is little to no slide and was going to get my shoes changed so that i can put them on... but they are quite expensive and what i wasnt sure about was whether i should have bought 2 of each so that i can put them on the other foot (non-slide)? or is there a default non-slide foot rubber that you can buy to go on the non-slide foot??? im unsure because i dont know how the interchangeable shoes come?

For the non slide shoe you use a Traction Sole like on Dexter SST 8's

The easiest way to get a feel for heels and soles and cheapest is to get a pair of Dexter SST 5's if the SST 7 and 8's are not in your price bracket.

Then use the other interchangeable soles available for Dexter Shoes. Remember though the "non slide shoe" will use GoodYear rubber sole (SST 5's) which is not interchangeable, but has been more than sufficient for years gone by.

Get a pair of SST 5's if the funds are short. AND remember there are TWO S8 soles, one is the original buckskin (long Slide) and the newer S8 made from microfibre (much shorter slide). If you can't get an original S8 buckskin use an S7 buckskin perforated.

If you need more help PM me and I will assist.

Hope this helps.

Just found what i currently have... i have a Dexter H1 and S2 for my slide foot (i dont want much slide and prefer more breaking power)...

but i am not sure where i can get just the traction sole/heel for my non-slide foot...?

where in australia can i get them? im in sa...

and is it just normal velcro that i need for the sole?

hi slayer,
see your pro shop if none around ring DENVER Sporting ask for Al or Grahame both top blokes let them know what you want & they will organise it for you thru heritage bay
their phone 0883464496
(you can mention my name peter z)

which has better stopping ability - the dexter H1 or H2 (ultra brakez)? would it be okay to have a H1 on one shoes and H2 on the other? I assume theres no such thing as a traction heel?

Back
Top Bottom