reduce slide on slide sole

slayer

hi,

i have tried using a wire brush on my slide soles to reduce the amount of slide... but i am still finding them to be too slippery... is there anyway i can reduce the slip on them?

What brand of Shoes are you wearing. If Dexter's you can change the sole and heel so you get more grip. Any other Shoes that have changing soles and heels.

I have dexters... but they dont have inter changeable soles... unless you can rip the slide sole off and stick another over it?

Sounds like u have the older style shoes, as now a days they come with interchangeable souls. as for not sliding that is a hard one as normally everyone sticks lol.

They were only an entry level shoe...

because i am a 2-hander i really need to be able to get leverage off my left foot... which is the problem because as soon as i shift my weight slightly right (as you see osku and belmo do) then my left foot slides out from under me! i think this is what is killing my ball speed as i am having to slide in very upright but squatting...

Have you tried brushing sideways, or torwards the toe or brushing the heel? These can make a drastic difference. Especially the heel. Have a few practice approaches first without the ball if you try this.

I'm not sure how old you are, but if your feet have stopped growing, save up for a good pair of shoes. Dexters, Dynrooz (Global 900 these days), Linds etc. They are the only part of you that touches the playing surface.

yeah i think that would be my next step... im 26...

tried brushing but it doesnt make enough of a diff... my shoes only have the slide sole on the toe... nothing on the heel... i think that is one of the reasons i slipped over the other day... cos i tried to push back a little with my foot to give me leverage on the bowl and my heel pushed a little and then slid out from under me!!

its like falling over on stage!! lol!

depends too if you need to slide.... I am one that 'plants' the front foot and doesn't slide at all. The heel being placed on ground prevents slide when releasing the ball

1. Clean the rubber heel with acetone or

2. File off he front edge of the heel so the round edge disappears and a sharp edge appears and

Practice the slide before you put a ball on your hand or

3. Move to Dexter SST V, SST VI or SST VII. They will work.

Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom