Shield 2004

yomama

OPS BOWLING SUPPLIES
Hey All

Well guys....It's upon us again

SHIELD!!!!!!

With just 24 Days to go until we bowl i was wondering how many people are lookin forward to it........u all better be hehehe :) . Also, who would each state classify as their best bowlers in both the boys and girls teams?

For WA i think it would have to be:

Boys: Adrian Altieri, Gary Ribbans and Matt Watson (only cos ov his 300 and gradually improving game)

Girls: Allison Campbell........by far one of the best bowlers ive seen go through the junior ranks.

Anyway guys im off

See you all at Illawarra

BTW!

GA WA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

the top 5 boys for shield i think will be

stephen cowland
dean judd
matt kanafa
stephen renyolds
brady pirie

three of these guys where on fire at nsw state so i think they will make it

I would have to say that in the guys Josh Bulow is going along preety good i have also noticed that Nathan Brown has made a lot of inprovement since state. In the girls Jess Mcginty is bowling good as well as Samantha Carter, Sams doing well with her leg the way it is.Keira Forbes has done heaps of improving with sparing and her strike shot. :D

If Miss Campbell from WA learns to spare, then yes she would be a great bowler.

I can see a couple of WA boys up in the top ten, easily.

Good Luck to all in President Shield

KaZzZa said:
One you have all missed is Anthony Morrell

Kara

One you missed, was the original question ;)

Don't worry, ADD misread the question too :p

"who would each state classify as their best bowlers in both the boys and girls teams?"

In other words, who's the best bowlers in your team?

Have to say that i have seen alot of bowlers from NNSW improve over the last few months. Just a few guys...

Nathan Brown one to watch out for, has changed his shot quite a bit and is alot smoother and more balanced at the line.

Johnny Khan who recently won Mid-North Coast Masters, also in good form.

Dean Judd, practises bowling atleast 10 times a week on several different conditions with a high level coach, his game as come along way since the begining of the year.

Josh Bulow is always out to better himself, has been kickin the sh!t out of everyone at coaching (930/4 Tonight), and is gettin well psyched up for shield.

Well thats just a few, i could go on and on but yeah. Our team on the whole has come along way in terms of improvement and binding together as a group over the 3 training camps and several tournaments. We have a diverse range of shots and abilities which in turn will lead to a strong performance at shield. Im sure Jess will comment more on the girls team!! :roll: Haha

Cheers

Although I do think all the teams have some bowlers that excel from the rest in my oppinion both our teams especially most of our boys are on a very level playing field, whoever wins this tournament is going to win it as a team as I see it.

I believe 5 of our boys inparticular are all very evenly skilled, apart from a couple which just have loads more experience.

So instead of selecting out two bowlers id like to say out team, especially the boys side, seeing as though I see them all pretty often, are quite even indeed.

So I'll say that our more experienced bowlers would have to be the two Stephens, and Samantha in the girls, they have been bowling for only god knows how long.

ACT & Southern NSW leading boys.

Steve Cowland. Recently back from Asia leading off as our team captain just thrown a 300 at Xzone and a member of the commonwealth youth games squad is going to be out there for the win.

Steve Reynolds. This little man is ON FIRE finishing on top at the commonwealth youth games roll off and then backing it up with a win at the Sydney championships this ones gunna be hard to beat but do you wanna know the scary part he has learnt how to spare. :shock:

Michael McDonald. A very good mate of mine now going for his 4th 300 after bowling 2 practice 300’s on two consecutive days at Illawarra Xzone finishing high in all junior tourneys this year is going to be throwing some high scores when it comes to bowling at shield, he may be little but you better watch out once he gets going.

Brett Hall. Can u say experience? Brett has been in the game for very long and knows a thing or two about this sport called bowling. He has placed very high in junior tourneys this year and with a 300 on his belt he is hoping to make it 2. Brett is in his last year of juniors this year so he wants to make it a good one.

What about yourself Craigy? Michael Craig, recently sponsored by AMF and one of the most obsessive bowlers I know. Reently made the Commonwealth Youth top 10. This guy puts in practise whenever he can and has just about every ball to cover any condition, look for this guy to be up there in all-stars, its my Hot Tip.

Fear_Me said:
If Miss Campbell from WA learns to spare, then yes she would be a great bowler.

She is one of the lucky bowlers to not cave in to any outside pressure. If she bowls well then she bowls well... if she doesn't then she doesnt.

Still, will definitely not be surprised to see Alli in the top 10 when this year's Shield is all said and done! She bowled great in her first year, coming in with a 160 average and then averaging 180+ for the 3 days.

The teams seemed to be getting along great with each other here, and now time will tell how they go over east.

Good luck to all the WA bowlers over there. Bowl well :D

i would have to say that my bestest bud Jess McGinty would have to be the best in our team she just needs to learn to stop getting the shits when she misses a spare....love ya jess :D

love yas all Sammy.................. :wink:

Yeah very true sammy she could also stop stamping her foot when she is shity other wise she might start geting called stampy :lol:

I would also like to add that Jay Bryson who i havent seen bowl in a while was going along very well then he had to start sliding instead of steping on the last step and now hes awsome :lol: Go jay Go

i would have to say that my bestest bud Jess McGinty would have to be the best in our team she just needs to learn to stop getting the shits when she misses a spare....love ya jess :D

love yas all Sammy.................. :wink:

Hey guys this is turnin into a NNSW fan club - between ourselves. I'm with all of you - we will ALL do the best we can cause we want to do well 4 ourTEAM!! It is the best!!! luv yous all. make sure you all practise those spares- no ball no ball -no bull!! (no joke) see all of you very soon

yeah thanks guys, lets just all pay jess out, i dare u... oops too late :p don't you worry i've been practicing, and controlling my emotions, i'm sure to your relief. :wink: i can't fairly say who i think is best as i don't get to see everyone bowl very often, but i think 3 ppl that have so far been left out who are up there are Jess lawrence, jay and Scott

luv ya's

Hey all...
In Southern I think all our boys (especially top 5) are brilliant bowlers. I couldnt pick just 1 or 2 that are the best because in my opinion, they all bowl so damn good.
And for the chicks, Id say our strongest bowlers would be Sammy Fisher and Lysa Harrison, both these girls are awesome bowlers and both appear to be in good form lately...and especially Sam coz she has so much experience.
Thats just my word tho

Laterz
Jen

:? Hey Jess,
I would never leave out Jess L ,Jay or Scott!! I said the WHOLE team is VERY strong !! Just to make sure everyone is mentioned don't forget Matty, Jac, & Kimmy &Sammy& Meg - i think that covers everyone ??? Good luck this weekend in Queensland Jess!!

Back
Top Bottom