2004 Western Australian President Shield Team

Murderdoll

INSINR8R
Final day of trials were held today at Morley... And the 2004 President Shield team is

Boys
Gary Ribbans
Adrian Altieri
Jay Lee Ovens
Mitchell Marris
Matt Watson
Mitchell Edom
Dean Adamson

Res.
Mike Wilkey
David Wilcox

Girls
Sylvia Wilson
Naomi Kenyon
Emily Kilgren
Allison Campbell
Teagan Nairn
Simone Marshall
Kira Cheeseman

Res.
Kathleen Hille
Ayesha Thompson

I dont exactly have the results but that is our team for the 2004 President Shield Tournament.

Congratulations to everyone who made it

Later
Adrian

yes thankyou.
2nd last year with a 190 odd average and 9th this year with a god knows how low average.
Shows how much i've improved over the 6 months from shield.

Seeya at nationals anyway guys.

Dave

Congrats everyone that made it :D:D:D

and my prediction came true (well one of them did any way) -- that was that Mitch Edom would make the team, and about time you did mate. :D

Interesting to see that only one of the guys from last years team is in this years squad (2nd prediction almost came true hehehehehe :p)

Matty Watson, and "Macho Man" Mitch Marris, good to see you two are in it as your bowling has improved so much in the last 6-12months -- Thommo's coaching and Sheedy's "bonding" sessions (Sheeds drinking and you guys carrying him home from the bowl hehehe... only joking :p) seem to have paid off for you both.

And in the girls, its great to see Sylvi making it for her fifth straight year, a huge congrats there... and also Alli, your bowling has improved plenty since trials last year, and cemented your spot in the team even before the final day, congrats on making it :D

Well here are the scores after day 3 for the boys..... Im sorry but I didn't manage to get a girls sheet. If anyone has the girls sheet please post it too.

Gary Ribbans - 3957 (thats me :shock:)
Adrian Altieri - 3796
Jay Lee Ovens - 3713
Mitchell Marris - 3689
Matt Watson - 3663
Mitchell Edom - 3578
Dean Adamson - 3534

Micheal Wilkey - 3525
David Wilcox - 3435

Daniel Eaton - 3419
Todd Franklin - 3364
Tom McLoughlin - 3347
Luke Marris - 3292
Aaron Carruthers - 3227
Chris Watson - 3054
Matt Jones - 2910
Cameron Lazic - 2875
James Cooper - 2860
Calum Watson - 2757

It was a great 3 days of bowling and there was a great attitude and spirit amongst all the bowlers despite some very testing conditions that pushed alot of the bowlers to the very edge (some days literally with balls flying down 5 board or less to come back into the pocket and spare balls finding new striking power!) To all of those that did not make it this year, im sure the experiance has been invaluable and we will see you again next year.

Gazman said:
It was a great 3 days of bowling and there was a great attitude and spirit amongst all the bowlers despite some very testing conditions that pushed alot of the bowlers to the very edge (some days literally with balls flying down 5 board or less to come back into the pocket and spare balls finding new striking power!)

Yes at all three centres, i know myself, mitch edom, dan and tom were having alot of trouble keeping the ball on the right side of the pocket. Dry conditions make for big hooking, slamming pocket shots from about 5 board... and even less than that. Congrats on topping the trials too gary, you have improved so much since the last trials.

And thanx amanda :D

Later
Adrian

W.A. Shield Team

Hey guys,
Well done to all who made it into the team this year especially Gaz, he earnt his way to the top and deserved to finish there so well done mate, also well done to Mitch Marris. He has really improved over the previous couple of months despite a lack of training leading up to trials. So well done man :D . It took mitch 2 years to make the team as well as me and i made it as well so YAAAAAAAY! Poor mike. He was really unlucky not to make the team this year and i feel sorry for him losing to me in the last game and missing out on the team by only 9 pins. Bad luck mate. Hope u get drafted. And a very well done to Jay Ovens. He fought really well in his first year of trials and finished in a strong third position so well done mate.

In the girls...

Well done to Sylvi on making the team for the fifth straight year and well done also to alli, naomi and emily for making the team again. and a very big congrats to first timers Simone Marshall, Teagan Nairn and Kira Cheeseman on making the team. Well done guys. You all earnt it.

Good luck to all in shield next year.

Matt Watson

Hey again,

hehe good to see you on these forums matt! congrats for making team. lol it was good to see that you refuse to lose a game to me adrian, that was a fine 246! Gotta say Jay Ovens would be stoked after his bowling in the trials, that was a top effort for a guy that has never tried out before. I do feel sorry too for mike wilky and david wilcox, they are both great bowlers and were only a few pins away from the team but im sure they will be valued for being there as reserves, they have alot of experiance they will be able to share with people like me that have never been over east for the nationals before! Yeh I guess I will join in and congratulate silvia too that was some very good bowling and it really set the pace for the girls and most of the guys too! I know her bowling often motivates me as silvi is never negitive about her game!

Anyone else I would know use these forums apart from luke D, garry Fech, dave wilcox and of course you guys? (adrian and matt)

Gazman

Girls results

Here is the final results of the 2004 girls shield trials.

1. Sylvia Wilson- 3682
2. Naomi Kenyon- 3287
3. Allison Campbell- 3222
4. Emily Kilgren- 3184
5. Simone Marshall- 3006
6. Teagan Nairn- 2703
7. Kira Cheeseman- 2449

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

8. Kathleen Hillen- 2202
9. Ayesha Thompson- 1881

There u go Gaz, these are the girls results and go sylvi, u thrashed em all once again!

Hey guys,
Does anyone know why ayesha thompson pulled out of the team?? I was told at trainng yesterday that she had pulled out and am just curious as to why she did it.

C ya

Hey, Jess, i think you should keep your opinions to yourself. Your not helping anything by making posts like that. Is this a tactic to hurt WA or are you just really opinionated and extroverted? People don't need to know what you think, especially if you're putting another bowler down. Keep it to yourself, and think before you write.

Cheers

for anyone who thinks that post was made by me, as it might suggest, it isn't.

and i agree with ben, stuff like that has no place to be posted here.

I'm sure Sylivia has her reasons, she's a great person and a great bowler.

anyways, it wasnt me!!

Jess Ryan

hey jess, i was just wondering if that wasnt u then y would sumone have it as jess_kicks_butt??? coz i dont understand y sumone would pretend to b u??? i think u a great person n all, but i just dont understand aye, n im sure no1 has anythin against ya but if ya did do it that wasnt very nice on her or the western australian shield team
peace out dude
powerfulsexyman
joel

I can say it was not Jess that posted under the name jess.kicks.butt.

Andrew

Totalbowling Admin

how do u know 4 sure? but no one will never know which is kinda stupid tho coz if sylvia saw that i think she would be pretty damn upset 4 who ever wrote that tho

I would feel pretty upset if someone kept accusing me of something i didnt do

Back
Top Bottom