Scary thought!

granto

The greatest bowler in our land bowls I think 4 games of league a week, maybe a bit of practice @ Mt. Gravatt from time to time and maybe a few events during the year. He enters these events and consistantly places in the top 3 against bowlers who are bowling many overseas events, national events, state events, leagues and practice games. Here comes the SCARY THOUGHT. If this person was to pad up and go touring again there would not be a bowler who would get within cooee of him.

Can anyone guess the name of this champion???

Carl Bottomley? ..........

Greatest? Up there arguably there are some other monster names to throw into that category...

Yes i am guessing you are also talking about Carl...

Carl has been at the top for most of his career and will be when retires...

There isn't anything he hasn't done in the sport except win the SA Cup i believe...With that in mind if Carl wanted to bowl more i am sure he would, but chooses to spend more time at home these days rather than in a car or on a plane traveling to events...

I could mention a couple of others in the same boat...

Jason Walsh
Micheal Little
Spring to mind...

I think Jase meant that Jason & Michael could do the same as Carl!
And yes Carl has nothing to prove but what a sight it would be to see him in full flight again!
My son idolises Carl and actually bowled against him last night as a sub. He will cherish that for a long time. Still great to watch Carl who is a true legend of the game.

Great attitude on the lanes as well, I played against him in Coff's towards the end of last year. Was wonderful fun!

I suspect that Carl would get bored/stale if he played more events. He's got a balanced attitude to bowling and I think that's a real strength. Along with that lovely soft touch he's got at the bottom of his swing, of course! (Man, have I been working to get that kinda thing going for a while now...)

and what about the head wobble after every shot ...:p:p the bad thing is we can't put **** on him about his footy team anymore :surrender::surrender: yes carl we now agree the cats are the best team :surrender::surrender:

and what about the head wobble after every shot ...:p:p the bad thing is we can't put **** on him about his footy team anymore :surrender::surrender: yes carl we now agree the cats are the best team :surrender::surrender:

Won't agree on his footy team being the best (well maybe just in the current period of time).

However back on topic we all would give (our right arms, sorry well at least I would) to just have half of the talent on the lanes that Carl possesses.

Having known Carl for over 20 odd years (**** I am old), his ability to maintain his prowess on the lanes is matched by his passion for his family and private life. I think this balance which is right for him has a lot to do with it.

We all would love to see him compete more. I tip my hat to a true gentleman and scholar of our game.

And the winner of the 2010 Melbourne Tenpin Cup is ......

I rest my case with this post people.

SCARY THOUGHT HEY???

Grant

Carl is and has been for sometime the benchmark in Australian bowling for me. If I can beat Carl, I'm throwing it well and making good decisions. I have been fortunate to have had Carl's number of late but this past weekend in Melbourne showed me and the rest of Australia that he is arguably one of the best we have ever produced.

Carl has earnt a trip to KL for his win on the weekend, I for one would love to see him bowl in Asia a lot more. Not fulltime but the occasional tournament here and there like I do.

Truly an unbelievable talent and one of the greatest this country has produced. Nice win on the weekend, we were all out bowled by a better player.

Very nice words George, Carl has been around a while now, but as allways seems to produce when the going gets tough.

Well done Carl, yes he has been around for awhile.............

Must be just about knocking on the seniors door......................bahahahah...

Cheers

Tony

Well done Carl, as Grant said, arguably one of the best this country has produced.

We knew something big was coming when you made the toughest sports pattern we have bowled on look like a house shot. True talent always rises to the top.

Back
Top Bottom