The thoughts of Belmo!

BELMO

Well what can i say!

I pity the person that suggests that AUST has no JNR and/or YOUTH players coming up.
I played with 110 of the most determined and most sportsman like attuitudes i have ever come a cross in a youth or JNR event.
I saw kids having a go...... i saw kids wanting to win..... i saw the future of our sport and im telling you now, we have nothing to worry about.

I can honestly say we have one of the more determined and want to win attuitude youth squads in the world, thats the truth!

To take an FIQ team to Hong Kong and not be able to place Mickey Zentveld in the team shows the depths we have in our youth.
I personally think based on pure talent, AUSTRALIANS have the greatest players in the world at the youth level.
Unlike many of the asian teams where goverments pay for everything and give them anything they want, all we have is our commitment to the game, with that commitment along with personal drive to make it at the top is what gives our teams an edge over every other team in the world.

Players like Jarrod lean, who improves everytime i see him, who commits himself 110%, who drives himself harder and harder everytime he plays.....this is the kind of player that will win titles as long as your arm.
And the great thing is that Jez isn't the only one out there that puts in effort......there are more out there that want to make it like he does, like i do.

We have parents that have the same drive and commitment as we do, who drive us to practice or league or parents that help with expenses.

We have bowling centres all over helping in so may ways to improve All age bowling. From Werribe giving up their time and money to set up the Kegal Training practice, to Canberra international bowl in lautioning the new youth and jnr events.

Thats why we will be a dominant force in bowling in the years to come........
Im sorry Tim Mack, im sorry Bill Hoffman, im sorry Walter Ray Williams......The worlds greatest players lies within my country, within the heart of a person that only needs time to shine and show WHY AUSTRALIA is heading for greatness.
We have the talent, NOW just give us the time to peek before you lable my country, our country........a place where youth bowling is DYING..........Because the awful truth is........WE WILL BE GREAT

signed

Belmo

Yes i agree, very well said. Well done to everyone one that bowled in the Brunswick Youth/Jnr cup. And to Belmo on your win, and your show of sportsmanship.

WELL DONE
Later
Adrian

Hey Belmo,

I couldn't agree with you more, the youth talent in this country is staggering. But I have to say that you are in a class of your own.

I have been bowling for 26 years and in that time I have seen some exceptionally talented bowlers, but your talent and skill level can only be described as Freaky. To do what you do on a consistent basis requires two essential ingredients; accuracy and ability and you appear to be a major share holder in both areas.

Not since a youthful Carl Bottomley hit the national circuit, have I seen someone so naturally blessed with talent (plus the desire and motivation to work exceptionally hard at improving all areas of your game).

Keep up the great bowling

Cheers

Steve Hunt

Well said Belmo - i think everyone would agree 100% with that statement and if they dont, i think they have rocks in their heads!

I have to say it was an awesome event to bowl in this weekend - made me remember why i started bowling in the first place!

Congratulations to both Belmo and Hayley on their wins and Also a HUGE congratulations to Jez and everyone else who bowled this weekend - i agree their was ALOT of determination this weekend and it was probably the closest competition i have seen in a few years, it came right down to the last frame in the youth division.

Congratulations again everyone - well deserved from all

Well said belmo i couldnt agree more.
But there were a some bowlers on the weekend who didnt get the chance to be up there with u guys, Who put in their 110% if not more of effort and determination.

the highest placed left hander that i know of was 37th.....(there may have been someone higher that i dont know)

37th is pretty low.

Why couldnt we have had a chance to prove ourselves as well?

I find it hard to belive that the left have a problem with this :x , remember Belmo is the first right hander to win at that bowl :D :D . You would have to think 5years was a good run. But saying this they should have been at least 3 left handers in the top 16. :idea:

Just my views.[/list]

69=breakfastofchampions said:
the highest placed left hander that i know of was 37th.....(there may have been someone higher that i dont know)

37th is pretty low.

Why couldnt we have had a chance to prove ourselves as well?

You had a chance to prove yourselves, you were just OUTCLASSED by Belmo. Ive been watching this guy bowl around Australia for almost 3 years and he is awesome talent.

The weekend before there were 2 lefties in the Top 16 - one was a world class bowler - the other was - well - Frilingos :). I didnt see them complaining about not having a chance to prove themselves.

Great thoughts from a great bowler. You deserve every accollade that comes your way Jason. :D
You are spot on with your observation about our young talent. It is in every state and territory. Just look how some of our juniors and younger youth perform in major events here around Brisbane, the lastest in the Redcliffe open. And Hayley's success in the Brunswick was simply awesome for such a young and delightful lady. :angel:
As for the "lefties" bit, Graham you are spot on. Go Cara, go George.

Feral

sorry had to get in on this one :D for those of you who know me im a lefty and i finished 35th, two spots above the previous best leftie of 37th :) shouldve cut too.. but i chucked a woeful 121 in the 9th game and cost myself about 12-15 spots.. dont ask me what happened.. but i only have myself to blame oh and 7 back to back open frames.. 200's either side of it aswell.. there was definately a shot on the left i just didnt capitalise on it.. maybe if i wasnt lazy and trained or even bowled league i would've done better :wink: but its all good in hindsight :lol: i think the only reason that more lefties arent seen in up top is just the shear ratio of lefties/righties in the sport even the ratio up and youll get more lefties up there.. simple maths really.. :-k but ill be back next year.. because i loved the shot..adults only tho :cry: im to old for youth now.. i might even train before i come this time.. or at least bowl a league :lol:

but belmo is right there is a massive amount of talent coming through the ranks and its good to see they all have positive attitudes too.. but why wouldnt they?? look at their roll models..
congrats on your wins belmo.. look forward to catching up with you soon.. good luck to all the youth and juniors out there too.. its a long road.. but one well worth the journey

cheers spence 8)

Graham. We all agree that jason, jarrod , micky and alot of others r great bowlers. And we hav no complaint about these bowlers finishing up the top. My concern is why went there ANY left handers even close to the cut......
Like usualy some of the few that enter tournaments will finish in the cut, if not just miss out.
Do u get where in coming from?

First of all congrates Belmo i tried to hold you off all day but in the end you were just too good and got me on the line.

U R THE DADDY!

As for the lefty argument, you have to be joking arent you ? Look at all the tournments this year adult and youth i think the left has had it pretty good. And as previously stated Belmo is the first and only right hander to win in that Centre EVER !

This includes the previous 5 Brunswick Cups and Adult Nationals.

If the right handers complained everytime the shot was bigger on the left this forum would be full of post like this one.

Spence you summed it up well look, at the ratios. Simple maths for every 100 bowlers there MIGHT be 10 lefties this means 1 maybe 2 should make the cut in a field on 100. At Brunswick Cup this happened, there were two lefties in the final finishing in the top half of the field. And i can tell ya now the condition was very simialar if not exactly the same.

Whenever there isnt 5-7 lefties in the final ppl think the left is shut out where realistically there should never be that many in the final.

getting back to the point of this post, belmo is right you Youth Bowling is alive and well, with Belmo out in front and the one to catch.

69=breakfastofchampions said:
My concern is why went there ANY left handers even close to the cut......
Like usualy some of the few that enter tournaments will finish in the cut, if not just miss out.
Do u get where in coming from?

My thoughts on why they missed out.....

They sucked on the day. Simple :)

:twisted: :twisted: listen here androoo why say that i'm a left hander and even dow i didn't bowl very well that doesn't mean i suck or any left hander sucked it is all experience that can make our games stronger and on another note where did you end up. :twisted: :twisted:

hey guys and gals
thought i would just add that i also agree with belmo we do have alot of great junior and youth bowlers in australia i have been going around to a few youth tournaments as im no longer a junior and ive seen tramendous talent shining through!
on the weekend i was watching the juniors as well as the youth and its great to see young people working hard and determined to get somewhere!
all i can say is work hard and you'll get there
belmo jarod mikey Z etc are just proof of that
good luck :)

Belmo if you were running for prime minister you would have just secured my vote! Nice speech mate :D

As for the left hand side of the lane......... The shot in Canberra was tighter this year but was still playable. I bowled great to finish where I did (7th) and Cara obviously bowled better to finish 4th. We had our chances but just weren't good enough on the day.

To win an Australian National event takes many things, great faultless bowling, great equipment match ups and a solid mental game for the duration of the tournament. Cara and I were beaten by some awesome right handers but more importantly by better bowlers on the day. I gave it my best for 90% of the tournament but you can't expect to win in this country on 90%. It takes 110%!

Australia has a great depth of bowling for such a small and spread out country. The future is certainly looking good for sometime to come.

As for lefties in Australia as a whole, we've got it pretty dam good trust me on that one :D

ADD said:
listen here androoo why say that

I said that because that was my opinion.

ADD said:
i didn't bowl very well that doesn't mean i **** or any left hander sucked

Ok, since I'm such a nice person, I will repharse that just for you..... The righthanders bowled better than the lefties, and you, on the day.

ADD said:
and on another note where did you end up.

I think I ended up at a league Xmas BBQ, not quite sure, trying to hear reports on how well I was behaved. ;)
I didn't bowl.... something about a stipulation about age requirements. IE: I'm too old

Good luck and high scoring.... especially to the righthanders ;) :D

androooo said:
I'm toooo oooold
So how's the deep purple sunburn going there Athol :D

PS: You must've been feeling a little worse for wear, not taking us on in the drinking game that night - unprecedented :eek: :wink:

Just on Belmo's words - SPOT ON :!:
Some of the young talent in this country is world class without a doubt, I personally think that if these players could be marketed in the right way, we keep our prices down, we LOOK AFTER OUR BOWLERS - we could do VERY well in regard to the future of our sport.

Imagine kids seeing an advertisement on TV with someone like Belmo, or one of the other young-guns out there tearing the cover off the ball going "coast-to-coast" and sending scouts flying everywhere, with a loud and passionate crowd in the background, roaring it home for a 300-game - That's what we need to see more of in advertising our game - Sure beats the heck out of that Cosmic bulls**t :)

The thing is, most kids don't even know you can play this game as a sport, and think that Cosmic is all you do in bowling.

If promoted in the right way, these guys and girls can get the recognition that they deserve for thier 110% effort, and, give the sport a much needed shot in the arm along the way.

Anyone else share these thoughts at all?

:D :D :D First i have to say im with ya 100% on all of ya coments.are bolwing potential must be awsome if we can leave micky zentaveld out of a rep team.Australia is gonna start domanateing and never stop. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Back
Top Bottom