Columbia 300 Rock,Rock Pearl, Rock Star

AdrianS

This is the future!!!
Thinking of tracking one or two of these down in a few months(Maybe new if Brando still has them) I know there's newer stuff around but these are newer than the strong stuff i carry now. Can any users tell me about there experiences with this gear, especially how to keep the TEC2 shell alive(i dont carry any particle at the moment so maintaining them isn't an area i have much knowledge in)

Iam in the same boat as you, ive been reading around the place in reguards to the tec2 coverstock and what problems it suffers. From what i have seen androooo might be the person to talk to about tec coverstocks. I know that the way columbia added the particles to the coverstock changed between the first and second generation. Keeping them clean is a must, people seem to reccomend using a ball cleaner after every league, and every 18-21 games a bath is a good idea.

I asked the question on another forum and i havent got any replies yet :( this is what i asked.

Has the change in coverstocks stopped the problems with the coverstock?
How have you gone with resurfacing them?
Have you hit the "tec death" wall?
What have you done to keep the coverstock alive?

Id like to hear, the difference for me would be going with a Rock On or one of the Reaction Balls with the different coverstock again.

Tec!

I have 2 Tec balls
Rock-On
Messenger Tec

The Messenger Tec has not died a Tec death and still goes strong. Not that i use it that much.
As for my Rock-On I used it all the time Great ball love it. But It did hit a wall and Died from Tec death. Even after i got the oil removed and a resurface it came back a little but not back to the way it was.
So I decided to Polish it, I figure it's dead may as well try something, WOW what a difference. Polishing it really tacked up the surface and this ball came right back to life. I still use it often and I have had no Problems.

Since The Rock-On I have purchased an Icon and a Icon300
Both are great balls and No death so far.
Hope this info helps :D

Have had the Rock Star for almost three years now, it was my first ball out of the bag for most of that time. It is still going strong. I do clean it after every week, which means I soak it in hot water and dish detergent, rinse it and then use some Windex to help dry it and get more dirt off of it. No TEC death for me. Recently shot 300 with it.

fabes

Back
Top Bottom