Storm Storm MARVEL PEARL - Review

GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
Just a quicky

Ball specs: 15lb, 3-4" pin, box finish

Drilling: 5 x 4 1/2, basically pin above bridge, centre of grip 1/2" to the right of the CG, no balance hole

This ball has a strong Marvel core (also shared by the Prodigy) and shares the Prodigy pearl shell minus the ETM (Enhanced Traction Mica) which gives the ball more length and more direction of turn to the pocket. The ball looks great too, the red/blue/silver certainly winning full points in the looks catergory.

Now the important info,

This ball was tested on my standard house shot as well as the Caboolture Open. Both had different lane surfaces and very different patterns.

The consistant character of this ball was though was length, this ball pushed longer down the lane than any ball I own (including the Anarchy and Victory Road). Subsequently, it had a tonne more pop than any Storm I've ever thrown. This ball has more backend than any STORM ball I've ever thrown, it straight just hooks a tonne late.

At Chermside out of the box it was a little over/under to be honest, if I leaked it left sometimes it would jump too hard leaving 6 pins or 6-8 combos, miss inside too much and leave flat 7's.

At Caboolture though it was a different story, I played more in the track area and played up the back of it. I saw no signs of over and under, just had to keep my speed under control, when I did, it struck like I was Belmo :)

The ball is amazing to say the least and will come in very handy when the lanes break down or when you some sharper angles into the pocket to carry. It's probably advised not to use this ball on the fresh, 1. because it may flip back to you :), 2. its sudden movement with sharp backends may result in some funky splits and pin combinations :)

I love mine and might even get another down the track. It's longer and sharper than the Anarchy and Victory Road, certainly gives me some more options now that I didnt have before.

9/10!

Fragrance:Aromatherapy - Score

It's nice and not too over powering like the Victory road

Back
Top Bottom