Visionary Immortal Pearl

DaleS

Thanks to Max & BBA for the ball & Gavin at Richlands for the layout.

I've only had 4 games on this ball so these are my initial impressions.

Ball: 15 lb, 2-3 inch pin, 2-3 oz topweight, left in box condition.
Drilling: Pin under ring finger, CG kicked out at 30 degrees, balance hole to bring back the ball to legal. Not sure on how it finished with static weights.
My Style: Right Handed stroker with medium, medium/slow speed, 0-20% axis tilt, not sure on revs or rev rate (I've been told 13 - 15 revs as for rev rate - if someone will explain it I'll work it out).
Area of lane used: outside 7 board.

Comments: With the hype I had heard about this ball I was a little sceptical about it, however I've been converted.

I've found with the above drilling I can get two distinctly different reactions with the ball. If I hit up on the ball once it hits the dry it just seems to want to jump left. However if I side roll the ball it gives me a hard arc. The ball seems to be clean through the pins, its hit is almost back to the old days where it seems to kick the tenpin out rather than snap it out as todays gear does. Saying this however the hit is still impressive and very clean.

I dont have a bronze to compare it to however the length on this ball is reasonable. The flare on this ball(even for a stroker like me) is massive, as with previous posts be careful with the drilling as it would be possible to flare over the balance hole.

Caveat: This isn't an oil ball, nor is it meant to be, however if the pearl is this strong, I cant wait for the solid.

I shot 1010 (4 games) out of the box with this ball so its a keeper. Thanks again to Max, BBA & Gavin for the ball, and thanks for reading my review, please message me if you have any questions or want any more information.

Dale

Hi Dale,
I drilled my Immortal almost exactly the same as the way you did, and found pretty much the same as you did, although the conditions I bowled on last night weren't quite enough for me to make a proper judgement...

Very good layout for this ball though...

My review will be coming in a week or so.

For someone with not much to do with Visonary Balls, i would have to say that seeing this ball go down the lanes is a joy to watch, even in the hands of Ash (just kidding mate). I would just advise any high rev bowlers getting this ball drilled to stay away from the standard leverage ( 3 3/8 ) drilling and keep any weight holes inside you PAL.

Very nice through through the midlane and rips the deck nicely.

Cheers

Peter Biggs
The 11th Frame
Blacktown