Other BULLDOG BOWLING BALLS...

boybrowny

The majority of readers have probably never heard of them - I hadn't until I purchased 5 recently from

http://www.donkee.com bowling products.

Bulldog is a new company starting out that use the AZO moulding factory in the AZO down-time.

There is no similarity in their equipment at all.

The BULLDOG only make one ball - it has a weightblock of the original messenger and advertises a coverstock that repels oil and is designed specifically for dry lanes.

One of these claims is true !

I punched out 3 of these for myself - malcolm smith (local dwn bowl tech) got one, as did another Alice Springs bowler (david willis).

Here is my assessment:

1. This ball goes longer than any other equipment I have ever seen before it makes it's turn.

2. The ball does not collect oil - and you can maintain a line on the lanes up to 5 times longer than any other equipment I had due to the fact it does not carry the oil down. (even when my plastic gear comes back up the ball return with stripes of oil - I find it difficult to see where the bulldog was tracking - little or no evidence of where it touched the oil).

3. The coverstock is so highly adjustable (through sanding/ buffing) that I could get my gear to turn almost twice as much on oil when sanded (800 grit) than other balls designed for oil (diesel, enforcer - both dulled to 800 grit as well).

I would strongly recommend getting a ball with a 1 inch pin or less if you intend to use it on dry lanes though.

The ball movement is predictable and should not pose any problems for the average ball driller to punch out given the weightblock is not complex.

I will be bringing 3 of them to SA cup with me (for anyone who wants a look).

So - is this a ball worth getting?

Well all I can say is that I am getting another one, as is Malcolm and David said he wants another one as well.

There are two other people who have expressed an interest in getting one of these balls.

If anyone wants to fork out the money to see for themselves - contact me via email;

[email protected]

and I will see if Donkee products will do us a good deal....

Cheers

Peter Brown

Browny

I see 4 balls on the Approved Ball List :

Bulldog Bowling Products (4)

Bulldog (Blue) (May 2002)
Bulldog (Green) (May 2002)
Bulldog (Purple) (May 2002)
Bulldog (Red) (May 2002)

Are the same ball with different colours only ?

EDIT : www.bowlingballreviews.com seem to have 5 listed - including a "Mauve" one which they describe as "flesh coloured". Gets my vote as the ugliest looking ball around.

Forget about the Bulldog, time to start hanging out for the URANIAUM BUZZSAW!!!!! :D :shock: :twisted: :shock: :shock: :twisted:

BULLDOG

Yes - that is the ugliest ball around (I got two that colour)...

Yes - they are the exact same ball in different colours...

Adrian - thankyou for that constructive contribution to the BULLDOG topic (where the hell did Buzsaw come into it)...

I look forward to my bulldogs biting your buzsaw bowling ass at the next national tournament you get to....

As you will be able to see by visiting the donkee.com bowling products site - there is nothing revolutionary in the internal workings of the ball - they have stuck with a tried, tested and proven internal composition - but the coverstock certainly is a new product for the market.

Being the first ball they have made - you could consider it an experimental ball - I for one am looking forward to see where their development takes them. This coverstock composition is ideally suited to the slower bowler - or someone with heaps of revs who finds their equipment biting to early.

BUT be warned - when the oil runs out - the ball grips - so stick to mild reaction drillings on this equipment (unless you have no hand)...

CHeers

Re: BULLDOG

boybrowny said:
Yes - that is the ugliest ball around (I got two that colour)...

Well that mauve one doesnt look like its been passed to use in sanctioned competition. Id look into it before you bowl with it, cos if its not legal and someone protests, then you might lose any prize money.

hmmm...

Thanks for that Graham...

Will look into it...

(as I say it is the same ball as the others, just a different colour - but I will be sure before I throw it in SA).

BROWNy

Unfortunately Pete i havent sold any body parts for $20000 on the black market so i wont be bowling with a Buzzsaw for a while. Just have to stick to my dear old Track Tritons . Seriously i'm curious to see what this stuff does, its not everyday something that different hits the market anymore.

Apparently that "Mauve" coloured ball is considered to be the Purple one (how they figure that out I will never know) - this info is from Donkee products themselves.

So yes - they are all on the approved ball list.

Want a bulldog ?

I am sponsoring a tournament series in Darwin - and what I would like to do is offer the top 12 scratch and top 12 handicap finalists a new ball each (in addition to some prizefund). So, I am contacting bulldog bowling balls (and AZO) to see what kind of price I can get 25 balls for.

If anyone is interested in getting one - email me at:

[email protected]

and I will get back to you when I get the quote.

At any rate I expect you will get it for about $250 - a ball that would retail here for at least $360 isn't a bad deal - but I am hoping for a better one !

CHeers

Hi boys,
Just thought i would buy into this one and let you know that the Uranium has arrived, and it appears to be a much prettier ball than the bulldog. :lol:

No doubt if Adrian gets one Pete could be in strife at nationals, because they hit like a hand grenade! :wink:

Got some of these here now if you want to see one Adrian.

(Sorry for jumping on your post Pete, but i can't resist when you start mentioning Great equipment like the Buzzsaw :wink: :lol: )

Ronnie

Back
Top Bottom