REP TEAMS CHALLENGE

Bert

So with the challenge only a few days away

Who will prove victorious in the event....From what i hear there will be a scratch points division and a handicaped points division...

The teams are shaping up and most competitors are starting the sledging already..... :p with some personal 1 on 1's being arranged and some side bets on offer, should shape up to be a great weekend

My prediction - Rachuig Men by a day and a half :D :D :D

Just remember D1 - Reg wants me to be on the bench against deveer.... :D :D :p

Bert

PS..Yoda...have you decided if your a senior or rachuig yet :?: and Matt...did you find 5 so-called legends.... :p

Ha Ha very funny Bert i don't want you to be sat. You talked it up and now you want to hide. Like i said don't let me beat you or it will be never lived down. That goes for you too Matt or Drew the so called guns. (pop guns) To all concerned have a great weekend bowl well. Oh and step up :lol: 8)

Rep Challenge

hehe We'll be there Reg,

You just remember to leave that wrist guard on limp thing. :p :p

Bert you want a rest you just let me know mate.
hehe

Thanks Capt. Will keep it in mind....

But I will face off against Reg....hes been nagging for the last 3 to 4 weeks that he wants a crack at the brass ring....so we will give him his chance...

besides if he gets too cocky...we just have to hide his wristguard...either that or give his arm a rub.. :p :p :p

I thought this post would create a storm in a tea cup...but obviously the other players are all sitting back taking in all the comments and will deliver with interest on the day..... 8) 8)

Bert

I hope that the bowling is half as good as the sledging. :D
Should be a fun day, pitty that the BBQ didn't come off though.

See you there Possums!

I think someone might be actually taking this serious hehehe. As i said bert bring it just don't get beaten by this little paper wrist. Oh and no chineese burns.

Yoda....hhmmmmm wise are you ... but dont under-estimate the power of the dark side hat.....if you do, then you may get persuaded and end up with a de veer hat on and have to bowl with reg.. :D :D :D

So its Game on for all....Kruger is taking the "speak softly but carry a big stick" approach.... :)

Reg has got his tribal war paint on....well on his arm at this point but if someone can bring a mascara brush and we can touch up his dial on the day.... :shock:

Colin and Cameron are preping the juniors for an all out attack..with biting, kicking and screaming sure to be on the agenda....and thats just from Colin.... :p :p :p

The ladies are all quiet, but im sure on the day they will be fired up and ready to surprise a few people...

Smurf has his little blue people all ready...and day passes have been arranged for those living in community care homes...

The weekend should be fun for all..as long as we remember that it is just for fun and not sheep stations.......

For those interested...I believe a few $2 pot games may be run on the side. Sorry reg...NO CHEQUES... :p :p

State Challenge Results

Overall:

Rachuig Men 87.5
Legends 87.5
De veer Men 81.5
Seniors Women 75
Seniors Graded 73.5
Rachuig Women 69.5
Junior Team 2 61
Seniors Men 60
Junior Team 1 56.5
De veer Women 48

Scratch:
Rachuig Men 56
Legends 51.5
De veer Men 40.5
Rachuig Women 38
Seniors Men 38
Seniors Women 37
Seniors Graded 32
Junior Team 2 20.5
De veer Women 19
Junior Team 1 17.5

Handicap:
Seniors Graded 41.5
De veer Men 41
Junior Team 2 40.5
Junior Team 1 39
Seniors Women 38
Legends 36
Rachuig Women 31.5
Rachuig Men 31.5
De veer Women 29
Seniors Men 22

Drew, is there any best of scores? ie hanicap series, best game etc..... :?: 8)

Scores

Series?

High Game Brett Smith 279
Brad Ellis 278

For averages you'll have to ask your team managers.

Sorry bout that.

Drew

Congrat to the Legends Team

Thanks to Scotty (God) Gooche, Bob Chalton, Fred Leverick, Lawerance (Nansy boy) Goldie and the other hangers on who could stay in the Rachuig Team. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Typical the Legends came out on top.

Matt

Hang on...didn't the ledgends come a paltry second :!: :!: :eating: [/quote]

Thanks for the post in the book of shame BERT! You know I would have thought after several years out of the game you would have taken that into account and let me off. And just to set the record straight it was a borrowed ball and borrowed shoes and maybe now thinking about the 2 8 - 10s and the 5 - 7 I should have borrowed a wrist guard too. Arrh well

Anyhow it was a good weekend had by all from what I have heard and there where no real suprises in the results except I think for us and beleive me Graham 2nd is pretty good all things considered.

I would like to thank all the competitors for participating in the challenge, and a big thank you to: Drew Charlton, John Johnson, Brett Smith and Heather Milward and the staff at Woden Bowl, a weekend like the challenge just doesn't happen without organisation and people there to take care of the score so thank you all for your hard work on the weekend.

And just one more thing that has been rumoured around the bowling centres since the weekend, it was all about bowlers getting together and having a bit of fun and I'm sure we all did that with a some harmless sledging and carry on. So if you where offended by that, relax, those that said things where not meant in a serious way like I said it was all a bit of fun and no need at all to get upset about it and take it any further. After all I think I was sledged more than anyone and I am adult enough to cope it sweet and laugh it off!

Maybe see you all in another challenge in a few more years

All the Best,
Goochie :lol: :lol:

I would like to congratulate all the bowlers that took part, and especially to those that organised this event. maybe next time more information can be collected, such as team scores, individual scores etc. :multi:

I would also like to congratulate all the juniors that took part, as they showed that even against some of the greats, Canberra has a big future with juniors as their ages ranged from 11 - 15years.

A lot of adult bowlers learnt is was not easy to win their points from very determined and talented youngsters.:2gunfire:

What a great weekend we all had. Well almost all of us with the exception of one person.(get over it :twisted: ) Great to see Scott back don't you all think i did anyway, Gave me a great chance to give it to him in front of all the bowlers for the 8-10's and 5-7 still got it big man. However he got his revenge in game 4 when he belted me, 1 all. To my other big match up of the weekend Brett Smith what a game not!!!! buck 50 to a huge buck 30 thanks for the hollow victory, But none the less a wins a win thanks mate. Looking foreward to next year maybe Scott will have another go who knows. Oh and well done to the Rachuig boys and the Nev's.

Back
Top Bottom