Intrastate Challenge

im sorry, but i dont see a "challenge" if u will, as a valuable use of resurces. the problem being, if it is handicap higher ave bowlers will be disadvantaged, if it is scratch lower average bowlers will complain. and i dont thjink the team mixing idea will work, sorry micheal.
this event, if it eventuates, will end up costing bowlers at least $50 per head, money which most of us dont have. further to my point it is for no financial gain.
i would much prefer to travel to a scratch open tournament, where i have the chance to at least double my money if i make the final.
team bonding is exceptionally difficult, as has already been pointed out, whith de veer rachuig juniors seniors disabled and so on, always staying in thier own groups.

anyway, if it does go ahead, i sincerely hope it is scratch, cheap and there is money to be won, otherwise i see it as yet another expensive "training" exercise that will not be taken seriously by most.

sorry if i seem negative, im just honest

later
andrew

ps who is stormy???

SENIORS

As a senior I must say that at this time of the year there is a lot going on such as pre bowling for the nationals.
But I do think games like these are productive for the teams and they should be supported. I have put my name down.
e.g. the seniors last year went 3 times to Sydnry for training the result was that the seniors team averaged 198 over the 3 days.
I hope every member of a state team makes the effort to participate.
See you all on a lane somewhere.
Why do people not use their own names??????
Ray Krueger

Ray, I think that people like to use alias' for a little anonimity. It is a two edged sword. People can say things they might not say otherwise, which can be good to get things off their chest. Not a good thing when people are hiding behind an alias and ripping it up people/centres/teams etc.

I hope the challange gets underway. I would like to bowl with the cream of Canberra. A pointer here, a little encouragement there, it all helps. It seems that we need to have a little more support from within bowling ACT so that we can come back winners :D

Graham Hicks

Mike, it simply means that I think all the teams need to band together. United we stand divided we fall!
It is not a cheap shot at the board or individuals. I think that Rauchig has a lot to offer De Veer. I think De Veer has much to offer next on the ladder.

We (ACT) have a great deal of talent in many fields. I think it would benifit all if there were less of the us and them feelings that seem to be about.

Scratch they win, handicap they win. It seems that pride or money is more important to some. I belive we could do better if we were as one. I will not become a better bowler until I learn from better bowlers! That is life.

This "challenge" should be about the ACT bowlers getting together so that the "ACT" can come back winners.

If you would like to respond to this message, I would be glad to hear your views.

If you have anything you would like to say to me in private, I would also be glad to have you reply to me privately.

I am also curious as to why this is your first commet on this issue.

Graham.

Graham

I have been sitting back and watching some of the comments that been generated by this topic. Some of the posts I believe go along way to perpetuating the "us and them" attitude that seems to be around.

I agree wholeheartedly with your comments relating to ACT bowlers getting together.

This "challenge" (I prefer to think of it as a training session against opposition) has been a regular thing on the calendar for a number of years. I am a little amused at some of the posts that seem to suggest that it is a "new idea" and should be a regular occurence.

As I understand it preparations are underway for this event. We should hear more soon.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom