Rachuig / Seniors Challenge / Restricted Challenge entry form

Strike-it Bowling

For Everything Bowling
Hi All,
Rachuig / Seniors Challenge / Restricted Challenge entry form and the State Championship Exemption form are now on the Victenpins website on the Downloads page.

We have also uploaded an Excel spreadsheet with names of Bowlers who are eligible for the State Training Squad. (This is by no means a final list, these bowlers have bowled for their State in 2006/07 and as such are eligible to be selected into the State Training Squad)

Thanks

Graham

www.victenpins.com.au

obviously number two on the senior rankings is not good enough for automatic training squad?
looks like another way to get less people trying out for the state team
well done!
from what i see this will be my last rachuig as i do not like one bit the direction we are heading with this state team.
cheers

Hey Mac,

From what I can read that list is only for the people who made Rachuig, Seniors, President shield, youth etc for 2006 & 2007.

It does state:
The top 15 ranked athletes in the state, based off the TBA national ranking system at the time of nomination, in any divisions will grant automatic inclusion into the respective State Training Squads.

So I would say there are still a few more people to be included on that list that aren't already on there.

Your dad being one, myself being another seeing I'm sitting 8th in the rankings & 2nd in Victoria, plus Alan who is 7th in Victoria in the male division.

If anyone on the committe can clarify that it would be appreciated.

Jenny ;)

i think that you are right jenny.
i just feel this is the wrong direction to go with the rachuig team.i think instead of restricting the number of people that could bowl they should open it up by inviting people like the best team bowlers in the state like country cup all stars,emerson all stars,dunn shield all stars and give them excemptions for being great team bowlers as not many of these bowlers would meet the ranking criteria but yet are probably the best talent going around?
victoria has had a proud history of winning with less than star team purley because we have moulded well as a team and been a great team to restrict to having to be in a traing squad we will miss out on great team talent as we did in the nineties when they had selection and we lost the future services of jason way and was a massive step backwards for our great state!!!!
to which i know most of you would agree?
cheers

i think that you are right jenny.
i just feel this is the wrong direction to go with the rachuig team.i think instead of restricting the number of people that could bowl they should open it up by inviting people like the best team bowlers in the state like country cup all stars,emerson all stars,dunn shield all stars and give them excemptions for being great team bowlers as not many of these bowlers would meet the ranking criteria but yet are probably the best talent going around?
victoria has had a proud history of winning with less than star team purley because we have moulded well as a team and been a great team to restrict to having to be in a traing squad we will miss out on great team talent as we did in the nineties when they had selection and we lost the future services of jason way and was a massive step backwards for our great state!!!!
to which i know most of you would agree?
cheers

Mac,

Although i do not class myself as a 'great' bowler I do thank you for the compliment and yes i do agree with you that restricting to just these selected few will hamper our state having the best team available.

John Costantini

Mac,
Although i do not class myself as a 'great' bowler I do thank you for the compliment and yes i do agree with you that restricting to just these selected few will hamper our state having the best team available.
John Costantini

Yes it will cause not everybody can afford to bowl national events like my brother cause he works saturday it's hard to get time off. Not everyone can bowl a 3 national ranked events cause that means they all have to travel to atleast 1 interstate event since there only been 2 National Ranked events in Victoria now.

Hi All
Just to clarify further the eligibility for the State Training Squad.
The list of names on the Vic Tenpins at present only includes bowlers who have represented Victoria in a State team over the past 2 years. (i.e. Presidents Shield, Rachuig etc.) Still to be added to the list are:
Athletes who are in a current National Team
Top 15 Ranked Athletes in each division
Bowlers who have been nominated by their Centre
Bowlers who have been nominated by their Coach
Bowlers who have self nominated.

Further information can be found in the policies and pathways located on the Vic Tenpins website.

Thanks

Graham

www.victenpins.com.au

I will say this, and l admit l have not read the policy yet, but it sounds like the state team is going to become a team of selected bowlers only, so if your not in the right crowd, you can forget bowling for Victoria going forward.

Lets say that l (or Tanya) wish to bowl rachuig next year (we have both decided not to this year, for personal reasons) and we do not bowl any ranked events, then it sounds like we would not eligible for the state training squad, which reading the stuff about the trainingsquad listed on here so far, means that we can no longer bowl.

Hi All
Just to clarify further the eligibility for the State Training Squad.
The list of names on the Vic Tenpins at present only includes bowlers who have represented Victoria in a State team over the past 2 years. (i.e. Presidents Shield, Rachuig etc.) Still to be added to the list are:
Bowlers who have self nominated.
Further information can be found in the policies and pathways located on the Vic Tenpins website.
Thanks
Graham
www.victenpins.com.au

Would you and Tanya not fall into this category? I haven't read anything either Lance so I could probably get myself into strife by this comment.

Liz

Still sounds like a selection process whether you are self-nominated, nominated by your centre or coach.
I understand the state reps automatic eligibility (I notice former Deveer teams are eligible). I have not thoroughly checked out the further information but I would like to see the criteria for the selection process in order to provide a little more transparency to the process

Graeme

Generally I just read everything on here and refrain from posting.
But this is getting ridiculous.
Firstly, for all those who post, then say... I haven't read all the information yet - READ IT FIRST.
Secondly, with reference to not being able to bowl ranked tournaments, therefore not being able to bowl Rachuig - READ THE INFORMATION. There is nothing to imply you must bowl ranked events.
Thirdly, how can the formation of a state based squad in any way be limiting when there are so many methods able to be used to be included? There is nothing in the state policy about putting a set number on the size of the state squad. So for those who bowl Emerson Shield, Dunn Shield, Country Cup and whatever else you care to mention, you are not being excluded from self-nomination, nomination by a centre, or by a coach.
If you would look at this with an open mind, it is providing the basis for increasing names for these representative teams, not limiting opportunity.
The state body has taken the first step in moving forward, or at the very least moving, and seems to copping a beating. Sometimes you have to think outside the square, try something new. At least give it a chance.
And by the way, there is a name and phone number on the newsflash part of the VicTenpins website, if you don't get to the contacts page.

Louise

Generally I just read everything on here and refrain from posting.
But this is getting ridiculous.
Firstly, for all those who post, then say... I haven't read all the information yet - READ IT FIRST.
Secondly, with reference to not being able to bowl ranked tournaments, therefore not being able to bowl Rachuig - READ THE INFORMATION. There is nothing to imply you must bowl ranked events.

You too have been guilty of not reading the information. According to the VICTENPINS - STATE TRAINING SQUAD APPLICATION FORM

If selected for the Victorian State Training Squad (STS), I will abide to all the terms and conditions of being a member of the squad. I also agree should I fail to meet the terms and conditions; I can be removed from the STS at anytime.
1. Remain a member in good standing with Tenpin Bowling Australia Limited
2. Adhere to the rules and regulations of our sport.
3. Compete in the State team roll offs for my division.
4. Participate in structured league play within a TBA registered centre
5. Participate in a minimum of three (3) TBA ranked events in the current ranking year.
6. Participate in State Championships for the current year.
7. Attend all nominated compulsory STS Sessions as determine by the State Coaching Coordinator.
8. Fully comply with the ASADA and WADA anti-doping codes and subsequent policy requirements pertaining to athlete anti-doping compliance
9. Notify the State Coaching Coordinator on sustaining an injury or illness that would cause the inability to fulfil the performance criteria associated with this squad.
10. Comply with any sponsorship requirements as determined by VicTenpins, and when required, participate in state related promotional activities and or events as determined by VicTenpin.

This, and the original post in this thread definitely implies that only training squad members will be eligible for rachuig team inclusion.

Graeme

I imagine like in other times when selection was in place it would be based on past performance(s) and it did not matter that they they were not good enough on the day to finish in an actual qualifying position.

Personally I would like to see it as the following:

The top ten bowlers (by rankings) in each division who had attempted to bowl for the respective state teams they are eligible for. They did not have to have made the team but at least rolled off.

To clarify I mean: Take the number one ranked bowler in the state: Ask this: Did they try to qualify for the state team? Ans: Yes Decision: They are in; Ans: No Decision: They are out.

Exceptions: Was this bowler involved in representing their country in an Official National Team where the event was held at the same time as the state team rolloffs. Ans: Yes Decision: They are in Ans: No Decision: They are out.

The only problem with my solution I see is I don't know how they could determine the top 10 for the graded team (the handicapped official event) whatever its name or form is at present.

This way it is pretty much black and white you either meet the qualification criteria or you don't. There should be no selection or other grey area criteria such as masters winners etc. You either attempt to qualify for the state team or are on national representative duty at the time of your respective state team rolloffs or you don't make the state training squad.

What do you think?

Terry
I think you are right
If you do not wish to represent the state then you should not be on the State Training Squad(STQ).
My concern is about the selection criteria for those bowlers who are nominated for the STQ either by themselves, their centre or their coach. It doesn't really matter what the criteria are; just that these criteria are available on the website for all to see.

Graeme

Hence, I am a gumby (or wombat).
I apologise for missing point 5 in the policy.
Or perhaps I went in too quickly, as maybe those that posted before me have.

However my final points remain the same...
Have an open mind.
Give your state body some credit for initiating this.
Use the contact page on the VicTenpins site and talk to the people there.

I have spoken to some members of the board, and in many cases the word selection may be what is getting people off side here.
I believe there may be some information in the future to enlighten us all.

In the mean time, I strongly recommend making contact with VicTenpins Board Members, rather than thrashing around negativity about your own state for the rest of Australia to read.

Louise

Back
Top Bottom