RACHUIG NOMINATIONS

My Goodness MY GUINESS

Now ur talking Col, Guiness MOTHERS MILK

i KNOW u wont be payiing to much attention to these guys tastes in brew, my goodness Canberra doesnt even make a beer and with how bad the water is here u can understand why

I wouldnt mind putting a little on the ACT (eachway) WHAT 10 TEAMS NOW SO MUST BE A PAY 1st, 2nd & 3rd

The boys told me we're apparently 28-1 lol now that is funny

Look Yurac and Scoops....... :shock:

The simple fact is, if god had meant for us to drink black muck then water would already be that colour...oh...SA WATER...now i know why Yurac likes it so much .......

But when it comes to the crunch, Im sorry, but no matter what spin you put on it, My Goodness - My Guinness is best served to the veggie patch as fertilizer.... :lol: :lol:

Scoops....The water is bad in Canberra.....please...nothing comes close to the crap they serve through the pipes in SA...I mean look at the source...NSW, ACT and VIC have all deposited certain elements into the water through the Murry and then the South Aussies drink it..... :mrgreen: enough said in that department....

And since when have you ever drank straight water scoops :?: ...lol...its normally Jacks or beer.... :p

Bert.... :wink:

I know we are a bit of subject here but Scoops will appreciate this.
A few Guinness facts (taken from healthy living medical magazine).
Did you know that Guinness contains no fat and has the same number of kilojoules as a glass of skim milk? also is a great source of iron if you are feeling low on energy & is commonly given to people recovering from hospitalisation.
A study at the University of Wisconsin Medical School also found that drinking a can pf Guinness can even prevent heart damaging blood clots from forming.
I knew there was a fantastic reason for drinking it, not only that it tastes ok.

As for the water in SA i must agree, you only drink the tap water here if you want to be sick.

Were do we place that bet on ACT each way, have contacting BIN LADEN betting services but unable to get thru.

Cheers
Colin

my goodness my guiness

no worries Col, Brett's got water on the Brain and due to the extreme coldness in this exciting town i would say his Brain has frozen :eek: Glad there's no arguement on who has the worse water DEAD HEAT - ACT & SA

fancy the first thing each morning here is to scrape ice off ur car HOW RUDE!!!!! :twisted:

Quite correct on the facts to YURAC, Guiness still is given to women in some hospitals in Eire to keep their strength up

Should be an absolute must on the diet for all vegetarians especially females to help keep the iron count up

Mind you mate the guiness in this town isnt anything flash almost is mud, not like back at Fenians (#1 selling Guiness outlet in Australia) one of few pubs in the world where the GM of Guiness visits yearly

as far as the odd's go would be nice to see someone put a small book on, instead of just talking about it

But in all honestly it should one of the closest Rachuig results in many years. Townsville isnt going to be easy, and will be a refreshing change to see guys using urethane again :p
Sure to be a few Flat Sac's and Hello Boys

Rachuig Noms

:shock: :shock: Scoops you should be deported back to Perth for comparing our water to that.....stuff in SA. Yurac only drinks the Guiness because its the same consistancy as their water and has an alcohol content...what's your excuse?? :p :p

Scoops,
Reckon you are correct with Rachuig to be very close, number of bowlers not participating for some states, you guys with your past experience should be in the mix, you may have lost Matt "THE RAT" Francis but the inclusion of yourself would cover this, I trust you still have the mungrel in you when you bowl Rachuig & would scare the pants of someone you bowl against, plus the youth in your side.
South Aus on paper does not look as strong as in the past but still have Sam "Con" Parrella, Rob Chinner & Bruno (making a comeback to rachuig) as old stayers, with new comers & youth you never know they could beat our run of seconds. NSW would still have to be fav's but not by much, should be an interesting tussle.
Would have been good to bowl against you after your long lay off from Rachuig but not to be, maybe next year, time will tell if I have a crack or not.

Must agree with your choice of Irish establishments, have had plenty of pints in Fenians in the past, excellent atmosphere!!!!!! us South Aussies did'nt mind Filthys when in Canberra, a group of us togeher made a great time.

Drew........get it right.....Guinness is clearer than the Adelaide water.
Hope you all have great time in Townsville & have few drinkies for me!!!!!!
Cheers
Colin

You forgot the other uses for the mucky mud cup;

It always good to release rusty nuts and bolts
Cleans the water stains from bricks
Remove spray paint from cars ( never spew out the car window on the way home) :oops: :oops:

Matt

Yurac...

Your right in scoops scaring a few people.....ive seen him when he wakes before noon and its not a pretty site :shock: :shock:

Enough yibbering about the black muck or gods nectar....its one of those things in that you either love it like your missus or your hate it like your missus....just depends which side of the fence you sit on....there is no in between. :lol: :lol: ...hope karen doesnt read this....lol :?

With yurac turning into the skipper from giligan's island now he has his new boat...thought a comeback to rachuig....no matter which year...was the furthest thing from your mind....besides Yurac, reading the SA forum...looks like they dont miss you at all....still whining and complaining just as hard this year as they have in the past... :p :p

Matt may be lost to us this year...but we expect him back..same as goochie..now hes married, he'll be looking for excuses to get out of town for a while :lol: :lol:

Matt, you know very well, you cant hold your grog for too long....esp when you wake up in the middle of a movie... :lol: :lol: so spewing down the side of a car is a regular occurance..perhaps you can give paint companies some tips on spew resistant colours...

Bert

Arh Bert,

I have been back for nearly two weeks now catching up on work and whats been happening whilist I was away on my honeymoon.

I thought I had finally convinced Drew there will be no "come back" and now you'll just start him up again.

Lets hope this is the only year that Matty could'nt be in the team as he is a huge loss and you cannot replace talent like him, but looking at your side this year you guys will be competitive and in there with every chance, like I said in an earlier post there is a good mix and youth and experience. So I am happy to sit back and watch the results come in and see all your successes.

It's nice to see Drew showing us what I have always said about him having all this talent (FINALLY HE WAS STARTING TO MAKE ME LOOK LIKE A LIAR). Or maybe it's a case of like the old grey man who used to be at tuggers said and there are no shaddows this year. (Matty I am sure you know what I am talking about).

But seriously good luck this year guys with all the training and preparation (lets hope you make it onto the lanes at least for one session before leaving for Townsville).

And there will be a GOOCH in state colours this year and who knows this could be the start of a new era if he ( my little brother Reg) develops and puts some hard work in on his game, maybe in the future he can take my place along side you guys in the Rachuig side.. The agro is there - he has the heart and the passion just needs some work on the game.

Still think if I was there and now with Scoops in the side we woudl have given the tourney directors and heart attack or something ( dont think they would have enough cards to throw at us) but it would have been fun.

All the best this year guys,

GOOCHIE :wink: :wink:

Rachuig Noms

Hey Goochie,

Funny do you actually remember our names or just winging it? hehe
Steps out of bowling brushes his mates etc etc

Mate watched Reg bowl the other day...Scott? Scott who? He's better that you were already. :p :D

And yes I was lucky this year the sun went down and there was no shadow cast... :evil:

Anyway bloke hope the wedding and honeymoon went well, maybe some little goochies running around someday and you won't forget to invite us to wet the babies head. :D :p

Catch ya

Goochie

With t he loss of some becomes the begining for others and maybe this might give someone a chance to see the sun... :D :D

You will be back one day, managing a bowl only wets the appertite and eventually you will give it another go, just hope were all still around when it happens....

maybe we can all bowl atbso :p :p :p

You just wont be able to do the big knee slide as replacement hips are expensive :D :D :D

Bert

Guys come on what are you talking about I agree Reg is developing into a good bowler and he has really steped in to big shoes after all the are my old ones he is wearing. And I did bowl 1 game this year in a one off family challenge on Good Friday (by the way knees are still sore) and yes Reg did beat me but 220 was good enough for me after 2 years off, but I don't know about him already being better than me. Thats harsh!

Smithy maybe ATBSO will be the time although you and the little leftie will get there before me by at least a few years but that sounds like a good time to look at come back.... til then I don't think so! And as for the big knee slides maybe by then doctors will have made them better so I can still put on a show.

All the best guys,

Goochie :wink: :wink:

Rachuig Noms

Hey Matty/bert whos this Neville named Scott? I know Reg Gooch but whos this Scott bloke? You blokes ever heard of him before?? :p :p :D

D1

Legends have it that a young fella who use to hang around the lower part of the Big Marino in Goulburn made his way down the highway and settled into the over flow town next to the Captial..

Now normally use to throwing stones at cans or mud pies at cars, he turned his talent and accuracy to the sport of bowling, simply because he couldnt be bothered reseting the cans once he knocked them over, and the drought meant that there was no more mud..

Some of the local talent in the capial saw this young mans potential and decided to include the over flow town into their zone so they could snare him into their team for the annual shoot out against the other States..

Now the youngster, showing signs of maturity past his age...ie lack of hair...took up the offer and proved to be an asset for the capital in many shootouts..he also proved his worth in the drinking forte as well..but what else would you expect from a goulburn boy...

Many years past, and the young hero slowly started to feel the effects of years of competition...bowing did its share of damage too....his knees grew week and his wrist went limp, no longer could the young man keep up with the other youngsters that were now snapping at his heals...

Now being a hero and all, also captured the attention of the young females in the over flow town and soon one young lass had our hero where she wanted him....washing her dishes.... so on the final ball of the shootout at crossroads in 99, the youngster..(now quite old) displayed his much legendary knee slide and then placed his shoes in concrete awaiting the day when a true heir would remove them and re-claim the title......

Now stories go around the over flow town and the capital as well that people have seen him about...serving at the McDonalds Drive through...appearing at certain times of the day when the sun casts a certain shadow or pulling apart 4wd at the local wreckers...but we all know that the now very old hero is happily sitting back watching the rest of us trying to emulate his feats and occasionaly throwing some pies down at the local bowl....either that or he's doing the dishes for his missus......

Perhaps Reg was the one who removed the shoes....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bert

Rachuig Noms

:shock: :shock: Smitty it looks as though you've got even more time on your hands than me...not good. :D

Looks like a common thing you've come up the highway Goochie down the highway...

Theres been mention of you coming from sheep country?!?

Not much else to do at Wagga Wagga??

Hey guys and Nev

Great write up bert, Don't know if i pulled those shoes out of the concrete, Maybe out of the dust. I could only dream of being half as good as big brother. I will just settle for the deveer team this year and see what happens. I have more hair than goochie but the same knees. Also have the same temper to :twisted: :evil: . Will have to wait and see.

Smithy,

I am honored ( I think) to have a tribute like that on the forum. Mate I wish I was smart enough to have a good come back post to yours but then again if I was that smart I wouldn't be a bowling centre manager.

You know after 4 years away from the game now I am happy to be labeled legend status, at least it's better than a nevielle.

Little brother I am probably one of the bigest critics and after all my years in the sport I think I have a pretty good eye for picking future talent (and again look at Drew and Keiran when he puts the effort in) some work hard and show that talent others just take it for granted and it fades away. Our state was lucky as Matty Francis was born here a super freak talent, a bowler like Matty will probably never appear again so there is only one way to make it to the show and thats hard work, it kinda in ya and I think it's in you but what you choose to do is up to you. There is no reason why there cant be 3 kids from the 1st inland city to make it to the big show.

The future of ACT bowling is looking pretty good with young bowers coming through and developing their game and with experience guys like Smithy, Drew, Chris and the old man Mikey just seeming to get better and better each year, our state wont just be an also ran like in past years....the tool shed is building up and eventually a sensational piece of work will be turned out.

Goochie :wink: :wink:

Hey Scotty,

The future of ACT bowling is looking pretty good with young bowers coming through and developing their game and with experience guys like Smithy, Drew, Chris and the old man Mikey just seeming to get better and better each year, our state wont just be an also ran like in past years....the tool shed is building up and eventually a sensational piece of work will be turned out.
:shock: :shock:

Not sure that I like the old man bit but I agree with your comments. The future does look pretty good.

Cheers
Mikey

Hey all,
I think it may just be lefties with that natural born tallent. I can think of another and Scott knows who i am talking about. The Older sister, there is another shame and waisted tallent. The only other thing i have to say is to agree with all the guys HOW GOOD WOULD IT BE TO SEE THE BIG FELLA IN THE SHOW. I Know i would love to bowl in the "show" side by side with him. But for now i was happy enough to beat the ledgend in a one off hitout.
:D :D
See ya Reg

Back
Top Bottom