need some help

J

jase_mate

Hey Guys :)

I have been bowling for quite some time now, i started bowling around 5 years ago, had a break and this is my first year back in the game, i now bowl finger tip (have a reactive ball and a spare ball). I can bowl 160 average games, at the moment in leauge my average is only 135-140's.

I get awsome games and then some not so good games. My problem is consistancy. I am told that my swing is my down fall...i take the ball behind by back on my back swing.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how I could improve this problem...

I wanna excel but this problem has been keeping me down...

Appreciate any suggestions,

Thanks Guys

JaSe :cool:

keep your arm beside your body from the push out through to release, shoulders square, and smaller backswing & stay relaxed, during practice FOCUS on this REMEMBER PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT! ;)

terry parsalidis said:
keep your arm beside your body from the push out through to release, shoulders square, and smaller backswing & stay relaxed, during practice FOCUS on this REMEMBER PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT! ;)

keeping my shoulders squared? does this mean keeping them still and strong, so its not flimsy?

also i tend to start with the ball lower at more waist hieght, should i bring it up more? or keep it at the same level?

i mean you keep your shoulders horizontal from start to finish and keep them relaxed, before your push out your arm should be at right angles with the palm of your hand under the ball

terry parsalidis said:
i mean you keep your shoulders horizontal from start to finish and keep them relaxed, before your push out your arm should be at right angles with the palm of your hand under the ball

cool and how bout where i shoudl start off with the ball (read above reply) :rolleyes:

Have had the same problem. I have to be careful not to tuck my elbow in too much or I swing behind my back. Maybe that will work for you too?????

Ice said:
Have had the same problem. I have to be careful not to tuck my elbow in too much or I swing behind my back. Maybe that will work for you too?????

good point...should i have a large back swing ???? :confused:

I'd just focus on not swinging behind your back for now, making sure your elbow is in a straight line with your ball (not in too far or out too far from your body) When you get that sorted then start looking at the height of your backswing. Perhaps you know someone you could ask for help, or get someone to video tape you from behind so you can see what you are doing. That can be quiet a suprise to see for yourself what you are doing!

Ice said:
I'd just focus on not swinging behind your back for now, making sure your elbow is in a straight line with your ball (not in too far or out too far from your body) When you get that sorted then start looking at the height of your backswing. Perhaps you know someone you could ask for help, or get someone to video tape you from behind so you can see what you are doing. That can be quiet a suprise to see for yourself what you are doing!

as a matter of fact the person that helps me out video taped me one morning, its interesting to see... Thanks for yor help....

basically i can put my elbow too much into my body and keep my arm straight before pushing foward...

thanks guys... :D

this is me right now, i dont know how to have a straight back swing, but i bowled my highest game bowling like that, i cant see nothing wrong it, but my coach wants me to have a straight back swing, just 1 question, do u hook the ball, if u do how much hook do u get and where do u aim, just want to see if is the same thing wats making me do it, (i dont think the last bit made sence but hey)

Laterz brett

Street Racer said:
this is me right now, i dont know how to have a straight back swing, but i bowled my highest game bowling like that, i cant see nothing wrong it, but my coach wants me to have a straight back swing, just 1 question, do u hook the ball, if u do how much hook do u get and where do u aim, just want to see if is the same thing wats making me do it, (i dont think the last bit made sence but hey)

Laterz brett

yeh i hook it, i aim for 2nd arrow on the right hand side

it might have something to do with it, but i shot way different, i aim 4 19 and it skids out to about 5-10 board depending on the lane conodition and then snaps back in

Back
Top Bottom