question

griggsy

i've got a question to see what people can come up with.

for those who have seen me bowl, you will more than likely have noticed that on my third step i tend to stick my hips way out to the left as my ball is swinging down which leaves a great big space between my hips and my ball and just about everyone else you would watch doesnt have that space. now i am wondering if there might be something i could try to try and eliminate that problem. it doesnt cause a whole lot of problems in my game but i feel it is hampering that little bit more consistancy i need in my game. any thoughts?

do you have your elbow tucked in when you start???
do you also walk in a straight line when you bowl, instead of maybe moving to the left?

i do drift to the left when in my approach but i feel thats becasue my hips kick out in the appraoch. my elbow is tucked in at the set up approach

Griggsy, there is no hope for you...... lol

Seems like too early push away on approach and/or lack of knee bend. therefore bringing your arm through too early, and throwing your hips out...

try this:

Start about 1ft in front of your 'normal' approach mark, slow your delivery right down, take not of when your ball push away is happening.
Do the same again, this time waiting a little longer before your push away, concentrating on a slightly straighter approach.

Also practise knee bend when sliding, as this helps your body to line up square.

GET A COACH, or an experienced bowler to watch you while doing this, and see if they can see where the error is occuring. Please do all this at half pace, wouldnt want you hurting yourself!!! :lol:

the other thing is, you might be comming around the ball a little too much, try staying a little more behind the ball.

Good luck

thanks for the advice tonx but the hips throwing out is happening in the backswing not the follow through(forgive me if i misread what you were trying to say)

Well you did misread, and I do forgive.
Your PUSH AWAY (ie: at the start of your approach, when you start to move the ball) sounds like its too early...
now read above drill :p

i do that, i didnt believe it until i seen it on camera, i think i have fixed the problem but i have to get recorded again, i think i know y i did it because i need to shot a big angle on the lanes and thats how i angled my body on the lane to get my shot to go on a angle if that makes sence, but i dont think i do it know, because i have a new release to get the ball angle without really having to put a angle on my body, tell me if i am wrong

Brett

Back
Top Bottom