How to increase ball speed

Zoidberg

Has anyone got any tips on how to increase ball speed for a two-hander?

My average speed at the moment is 15 mph and I want to get my speed higher so the ball can get further down the lane. My problem is that the revs I create overpower my ball speed.

I can't claim to be an expert on the two handed delivery (who can..?) but I'll apply some basic principles to the problem and let me know if it works!

For two handers, it's much the same principles except that you can't raise your backswing. So try moving your feet incrementally faster and consider what effect axis rotation has on your ball speed depending on the condition.

More axis rotation requires you to lose some forward velocity as you come around the side of the ball, so try a little more forward roll.

Also try maintaining a softer grip in the downswing as you release so that the ball is projected forward as opposed to "hitting up" at the release.

Playing deeper will keep your ball in the oil longer as well, which reduces decelration through friction. (If your house is oiled 10-10 like most over-walled houses these days.)

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Jason

Back
Top Bottom