Memorable Quotes

"If you really want something in this life, you have to work for it -
Now quiet, they're about to announce the lottery numbers!" -Homer Simpson

If A is success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut.

Albert Einstein

Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears;
I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him.
The evil that men do lives after them;
The good is oft interred with their bones.

William Shakespeare (Julius Caesar)

If your parents never had children, chances are you won't, either.

**** Cavett

The greatest conflicts are not between two people but between one person and himself.

Garth Brooks

Neurotics build castles in the air, psychotics live in them. My mother cleans them.

Rita Rudner

You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take.

Wayne Gretzky

A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.

Wayne Gretzky

You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun.

Al Capone

You know, the courts may not be working any more, but as long as everyone is videotaping everyone else, justice will be done.

The Simpsons

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints, sinners are much more fun.

Billy Joel "Only The Good Die Young"

Aussie guy "You call that a knife, THIS IS A KNIFE"
Bart "No it's not thats a spoon"
Aussie guy "Ah I see you've played knifey spoony before"

"In golf you miss 100% of the shots you don't take, and statistically speaking 99% of the shots you do."

There are only two things without limit. The universe and human stupidity... and I'm not so sure about the former.
Albert Einstein

Great mind talk about ideas. Average minds talk about events. Small minds talk about people.
Albert Einstein

If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.
Marcus Aurelius Antoninus

Speaking of quotes in sigs, who was it I saw who had the "sudden urge to conquer Europe" quote? I've always liked that one.

Back
Top Bottom