Best ever SPORTING quotes

HAHAHHAHAHHAHAH

Brett I dont know if you know about this one but in the last game the same person was bowling with me and he said.

"If Cowland doesn't strike here im going to beat him, like finish on top of him"

I dont remember the said person saying it, but that doesnt surprise me with the crap that particular person dribbled on the weekend.

And I believe that said person "finishes" on top of Cowland frequently ;) & Reynolds too ;).

I was walking past a classroom one day when I heard the teacher say

'I will not repeat this again. Did you hear? I will not repeat this again."

I wonder if the teacher repeated the year. :oops:

Watching the 3rd round of the ANZ Golf Championship on Saturday, included a conversation about the different scoring system used for the event.

Brett Ogle - "First time this system was used was in 1986, at The International tournament in Colorado, USA..."

Jack Newton - "Yes Brett I remember that one, I was there"

Brett Ogle - "I know you were Jack, but I had the pleasure of playing in that tournament..."

Sandy Roberts - "Yeah well.... I only read about that one... about 10 mins before the show"

Ian Chappell comments on Tom Moody after Tom throws a bullet return to Healy with his left hand.
" Well, he's the complete player, he can bowl, he can bat and throw with either hand, hes totally Amphibious".

Stax

Another from the great Murray Walker which he used to regularly trot out:

"if I'm not very much mistaken" pause " oh, it appears I am very much mistaken."

We was watching the cricket a few years back and someone in thr room let out a ripper burp and as soon as they had finished one of the commentators goes "Who was that?" it was splendid timing. Absolutly fabulous

Watching cricket from England a few years ago, may have been the '99 World Cup from memory.
There was a pause in the match due to rain, the commentators cross down to Jeff Thomsom (former Australian fast bowler) who is interviewing somebody whilst both were standing out on the field under small umbrellas.
As soon as the interview is finished Thomson says "Thanks for your time, back to you" (meaning back to the commentators)

Nobody responds, Thomson's microphone is still on, next minute out of the silence Thomson yells to the cameraman "I'm getting f*****g soaked here"

Couple of good ones from ACT Junior State C'ships:

After leaving a 6-7-10, Michael McDonald is told to "Take Two". Upon sparing the split, he turns around & says "Cant count".

After seeing a particular bowler who will remain anonymous fouling regularly, a group of bowlers went to the front counter to see what was going on. One of the bowlers asked, "So you're telling me, that because the foul lights arent working, bowlers are allowed to foul without penatly?". The manager replied, "Yeah, pretty much".
Following this, a lot of jokes about "Foul behaviour" & "Foul smells" were made for the remainder of the weekend.

Possibly more to come..............

Myself and a few other southern bowlers were supporting one of our bowlers playing a central boy, bit of team rivalry but mostly just fun.

Anyway our team member was constantly hitting pocket and leacing solid 7 and 10's while the central boy was going brooklin through the nose etc etc and carrying everything. Our boy let a few solid POCKET strikes go, and we shouted "GOOD POCKET STRIKE", then the southern boys gave central cheek about it alld ay.

But it was a central top3, maybe we should start spraying the lanes a bit more :p

At state during Challenge Shield we were playin Newcastle and 2 of their chicks were cheering on one of the boys goin for a Four Bagger. Anyway one was shouting "We want a Four X" and the other followed up with "so we can drink it..." i laughed my head off coz one these chicks was like 9!!!! LoL. Never heard that one before.

Laterz
Jen

Tiger Woods on the Oprah Winfrey show, when asked "what race do you belong to?" In reference to his Thai, african american heritage. To which he replied "The Human Race".

Good call !!!

Darryl

There were definately some great chants at Challenge Shield....

At one point both the Southern ACT Boys 1 team & the Orange team were both chanting together, "We need a lane man, so he can fix it".

The ACT/Southern boys were also too lazy to use the phones provided at Strike Zone to contact front desk for a score change, instead we chanted "We need a score change, score change, score change".

I'm sure Michael Craig appreciated the chant that went out to him upon leaving the 3-10 baby split. "Find the hole Craigy, find the hole, and stick it in". Upon sparing Craigy was told "Yeah, you scored Craigy".

While playing the funniest guy to ever walk the approach, Steve Reynolds. I had just thrown a shot that got out a little to far but came screaming back from the dry and sent a 1 pin scout to take out a few wobbling pins.

Steve: That should never have carried
Me: Ohh shut up you do it all the time
Steve: Yeh....but its not fair when you do it back!!!

I think it was on Friday at state, a chick (name and zone wont be named here due to embarrassment factor) walked into Strikezone, been wandering around in there for 10minutes and then comes over to myself and another bowler and goes "Hey, um where is the cafe *points up to the mezzanine* do I like have to go upstairs or something??"
For those of you who dont know, there is a huge sign hanging from the roof at SZ with arrows saying Cafe, Pool Room and Games Room. LoL. And the cafe is not exactly hidden either...

Laterz
Jen

From a phone conversation with Stephen Reynolds!

"I was struggling to get my power charge to move up the side of the lane and then i pulled my tour power out and went straight across the headpin so I easily moved onto the other lane and played through like 7th arrow out to 1 board at 58 feet and snapped up to take just the 1 pin.....i mean this thing was cutting angles!!!!"

Steve is so silly!

Macca, I'm sure Wayne & Graham will agree with me on this one. You deserve a yellow card for that stupid post.

Of all the funny crap Steve comes up with about bowling, you had to post that......*Slaps Macca in the face with a yellow card*.

All in fun people :):):).

Test Match in the U.K. Brian Johnston (DEC) was commentating when a batsman ( i think Botham ? ) went for a shot over balanced and the leg went almost over the stump but not quite! The quote was something like he could not quite get his leg over, needles to say every-one cracked up!!!!!!!!!

Gary........................

Brett it was just pure comedic gold, the way he was so emphatic as he said it.

Then about 5 minutes later he follows it up with, "Do you think its even possible to play through 7th arrow out to 1 board at 58 feet, like unless you stand 2 lanes over and throw it over 3 gutters"

Steve's a real thinker :lol:

*Slaps Brett with a yellow card and comes back with a swift slap to the ear* :p

Seea's

Back
Top Bottom