Best ever SPORTING quotes

I think this has gone downhill from Best Ever Sporting Quotes to stupid things your mates say.

Alright sorry about that Graham, Heres a few quotes i got from another site:

'This is a really a lovely horse, I once rode her mother.'
(Ted Walsh - Horse Racing Commentator.)

'We now have exactly the same situation as we had at the start of the race, only exactly the opposite.'
(Murray Walker - Formula 1 motor racing commentator.)

'He's pulling him off ! The Spanish manager is pulling his captain off !'
(R.T.E.'s George Hamilton on Spain manager Luis Suarez's substitution of
Butragueno during their world cup qualifier with Ireland in Seville, 1992.)

'Hodge scored for Forest after 22 seconds - totally against the run of play.'
(Peter Lorenzo - football 'pundit'.)

'I've never had major knee surgery on any other part of my body.'
(Winston Bennett.)

'The lead car is absolutely unique, except for the one behind it which is identical.' (Murray Walker.)

'I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father.'
(Greg Norman - golfer.)

'Sure there have been injuries and deaths in boxing- but none of them serious.'
(Alan Minter - boxer.) :lol:

'If history repeats itself, I should think we can expect the same thing again.'
(Terry Venables - ex England football team manager.)

'We'll still be happy if we lose. It's on at the same time as the Beer Festival'
(Noel O' Mahony, Cork City boss before the game in Munich.)

'I would not say he (David Ginola) is the best left winger in the Premiership,
but there are none better.'
(Ron Atkinson - football pundit.)

'He dribbles a lot and the opposition don't like it - you can see it all over their faces.'
(Ron Atkinson.)

That's it for now, hopefully revived the thread.]

More later :)

Went for a roll at Shoalhaven City Lanes last night and the the person at the counter was starting a league. She goes "Oh wait, hang on" someone I was bowling with goes "What are we hanging on to?" about 10 seconds later, the centre was dead quiet and I yelled out "Can we let go yet?"
It was funny at the time...
Challenge Shield us on ACT Southern 2 got bored with the normal cheers and one of the Canberra girls got up to bowl and we started "Mel the bowler, can she strike it? Mel the bowler yes she can"

I pulled these from the USA vs Europe match I just watched. All were said by Nick Hawling
"Bill Hoffmans going 'Oh look at that...Tore looks hot' " (said during the Baker game number 2)
"Lasse Lintila wouldnt look hot if you put him in the middle of the Sahara Desert, in the middle of summer in the middle of the day..." (said whilst Lintila was bowling in Baker game 2)
"Gerry uses a gimmick spare ball, its a big golf ball encased in clear plastic, we dont see enough gimmick spare balls, good on Gerry..." *goes for spare, misses* "...Oh, bad on Gerry, open frame" (said during Baker game 2)
"The Ice Man returns..." (said as Lintila stepped up onto the approach for his singles against Bill Hoffman)

Heard this one the other day and thought it was quite good, it's more a sledge than a quote ......

Cricket. Australia vs South Africa in South Africa a few years back. Shaun Pollock bowling to Ricky Ponting ...... after Ponting had played and missed a couple of times in a row, Pollock stormed down the pitch & shouted at Ponting 'it's red & round & weighs about 5 ounces', he went back to his mark, ran in & Ponting calmy smacked the ball out of the ground .... as Pollock was following through he shouted back to Pollock ..... 'you know what it looks like, go & find it'!

Pat Glenn weightlifting commentater,
"This is Gregoriava from Bulgaria.I saw her snatch this morning and it was amazing!"
Ross King discussing relays with champion runner Phil Redmond,
"Well Phil ,tell us about your amazing third leg!"
Ken Brown on Nick Faldo & caddie Fanny Sunneson on lining up shots at the Scottish Open,
Some weeks Nick likes to use Fanny,other weeks he prefers to do it by himself!"

:D Hey all :D

Yea this was on the Olympics a few days ago, when grant hackit won the 1500 metre race and he was talking too the chanel 7 T.V presenter.

He was thanking his mum and his dad and his brother Nikki, HE'S LIKE A SISTER TO ME!!! What the

I had to laugh when I saw the true arrogance of the USA 100m sprinters. Specially when the winner said in his interview..."I knew I had it won 10 metres out from the finish because I know I had the most energy in my body". Mind you he only won by 0.01 of a second. :shock:

Olympic diving the other day -
SHE MADE MORE OF A SPLASH THIS MORNING WHEN SHE DUNKED HER TEABAG IN HER CUP.

'It's not what your dealt with in life, it's how you deal with it' - Jason McCartney

Back
Top Bottom