Lane #1 Worldwide Announcement

RONALD C

Susy wants me Banned
Hi All,
I was having a chat to the owners of Lane #1 last night and they asked me to post on here and announce to the Australian public a change in their operation.
"I'm pleased to announce that Lane #1 has signed a contract with Columbia 300 to manufacture our bowling balls. We've had a great 14 yrs with Brunswick, and my thanks go out to them.
Columbia 300 has given Lane #1 a great opportunity to grow as a company as well as keeping balls "made in the USA". Columbia 300 actually made our very first test balls 15 yrs. ago, so we're now getting a chance to go back to our 1st choice in manufacturing.
Columbia has a terrific R&D dept. and they've given me the freedom to use their facilities anytime necessary to do experimentation and testing, as well as formulate our own coverstocks. This is a big plus for Lane #1. I also feel confident in using Columbias top of the line resins when necessary, starting with the Super Flex and M80 coverstocks, wrapped around our patented diamond core. This will enable us to continue to produce the highest scoring balls on the market. We are currently in the process of formulating our own resins, which will give our equipment a wider range of ball reactions on the lane than currently available.
Columbias staff is a pleasure to work with, and eager to help in any way possible. This means I can get things done faster when designing new cores, allowing Lane #1 to get more creative than we have been in the past. They're also a family owned business, like Lane #1, which I favor. Their owners have made me feel like part of their family, making it easier for me to communicate with when dealing with the higher ups. Overall, it's a win win situation for both of our companies.
Look for our first new ball to be produced in mid October along with exciting new ideas after the new year.
Sincerely,
Richie Sposato
President/CEO Lane #1

That is posted on behalf of Lane #1 International.
Can't wait to see how they go!

The new supplier of Lane #1 balls Aus wide is now Bowling Balls Australia, i am sure if you contact them they will have more info on the planned changes.

I will still be more than happy to help anyone out with any gear that you may be after, so feel free to keep contacting me whenever you like and i will get your order processed for you quicker than i could previously!
Lane #1 have been very good to me and i am more than happy to keep supporting them in the future.
I know i will never throw anything else regardless of what they make them with.
Hope to see a lot of you supporting them with their new range of balls arriving on our shores within the next 2 weeks.

Ronnie

RC said:
Hi All,
I was having a chat to the owners of Lane #1 last night and they asked me to post on here and announce to the Australian public a change in their operation.
"I'm pleased to announce that Lane #1 has signed a contract with Columbia 300 to manufacture our bowling balls. We've had a great 14 yrs with Brunswick, and my thanks go out to them.
Columbia 300 has given Lane #1 a great opportunity to grow as a company as well as keeping balls "made in the USA". Columbia 300 actually made our very first test balls 15 yrs. ago, so we're now getting a chance to go back to our 1st choice in manufacturing.
Columbia has a terrific R&D dept. and they've given me the freedom to use their facilities anytime necessary to do experimentation and testing, as well as formulate our own coverstocks. This is a big plus for Lane #1. I also feel confident in using Columbias top of the line resins when necessary, starting with the Super Flex and M80 coverstocks, wrapped around our patented diamond core. This will enable us to continue to produce the highest scoring balls on the market. We are currently in the process of formulating our own resins, which will give our equipment a wider range of ball reactions on the lane than currently available.
Columbias staff is a pleasure to work with, and eager to help in any way possible. This means I can get things done faster when designing new cores, allowing Lane #1 to get more creative than we have been in the past. They're also a family owned business, like Lane #1, which I favor. Their owners have made me feel like part of their family, making it easier for me to communicate with when dealing with the higher ups. Overall, it's a win win situation for both of our companies.
Look for our first new ball to be produced in mid October along with exciting new ideas after the new year.
Sincerely,
Richie Sposato
President/CEO Lane #1

That is posted on behalf of Lane #1 International.
Can't wait to see how they go!
The new supplier of Lane #1 balls Aus wide is now Bowling Balls Australia, i am sure if you contact them they will have more info on the planned changes.
I will still be more than happy to help anyone out with any gear that you may be after, so feel free to keep contacting me whenever you like and i will get your order processed for you quicker than i could previously!
Lane #1 have been very good to me and i am more than happy to keep supporting them in the future.
I know i will never throw anything else regardless of what they make them with.
Hope to see a lot of you supporting them with their new range of balls arriving on our shores within the next 2 weeks.
Ronnie

Hey Ronnie, since your asking, how come the balls are like $50 to $80 dollars more than when you were selling them. Since freight costs are next to nothin today and you were paying almost $100 dollars a ball for delevery??? it just seems strange that a 2 yr old ball is still almost $400 dollars. Maybe the change to Columbia will reduce the price.

Good to see that you're still in contact with them Ronnie, I'm glad to see that all your hard work with Lane #1 is paying off for aussie bowlers......I'm sure that BBA will continue your great work & support.......

Hammer said:
Hey Ronnie, since your asking, how come the balls are like $50 to $80 dollars more than when you were selling them. Since freight costs are next to nothin today and you were paying almost $100 dollars a ball for delevery??? it just seems strange that a 2 yr old ball is still almost $400 dollars. Maybe the change to Columbia will reduce the price.

It has been brought to my attention some people are querying the pricing on Lane #1's equipment.

Here is the explanation: http://www.buddiesproshop.com/products/1-Bowling_Balls/0~99999/14-Lane_1/All/All/page.htm

US$209.95 at exchange rate of 1.33 = AU$279.23

Buddies is one of the US's cheapest ProShops, their pricing is more than reasonable. Then work out air freight from US to Australia, Fedex entry fees and GST and see what dollars you arrive at. Then take into account our genuine business overheads (which the previous distributor did not have), ie book-keeping, accounting, warehousing, stationery, telephone, internet/website, advertising, tournament sponsorship - a small percentage of all sales has to allow for these costs.

Hopefully this will make things a lot clearer for those whom question our pricing structure. Just remember too, Lane #1 are widely regarded as the premier ball brand in the world , yet there are many entities out there selling superseded pretty average balls in the first instance for only $55.00 less.

A further point for consideration, we have offered a 10% discount on our website prices for orders until 11th September, get in quick and the top price you will pay is $342.00, which is LOWER than they were being sold for previously.

Max

Great news about Columbia's association with Lane#1.....am looking forward to seeing the new stuff as it arrives. Like Ronnie, I have only Lane#1 balls in my arsenal, and don't particularly want to roll anything else! Am still looking for the one with the 300 in it tho - I reckon Ronnie you must have kept that one for yourself!

Broni;)

Hammer said:

Hammer? Is that you Steve?

Since i'm asking what mate?
You have lost me?

I can not answer anything on behalf of the people selling them now, that is for them to answer! Nothing to do with me!

I throw my first 300 with a Tsumani h20 from lane #1, I beleive they are an awesome hitting ball. I just wish the brunswich cover stock lasted longer, I only got about 70 games before this ball lost it's hitting power. I hope the columbia cover stock gives them a better life.

Back
Top Bottom